***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Permabanned
Just got myself a Kylin RTA, great tank/build so far. :)

But in need of a new battery to power it as mine died, running on a smok stick battery at the moment, which is ok but a bit lacking in power.

I am looking for something that will do maybe 80-100W and is not absolutely massive.
Decent battery life or swappable batteries.

Anyone know some decent ones I can look at?

Caporegime
So that’s all my DH hackshots all mixed up, now have shoved them into a cupboard for a week to steep.

Just hope I haven’t ruined them as it’s ny first time mixing. If I have then that’s £50 down the drain lol.

Need to pick up some more nicotine as I’ve used all the nic shots I ordered from darkstar. Think next time I’m going to get 72mg nic with pg and vg as my DH hackshots are 80/20 mixes at 3mg and I really wanted 70/30 at 3 mg.

Slowly learning the art of mixing, once I feel more comfortable then I’ll try homebrewing rather than hackshots.

Man of Honour
Dripping while driving isn’t the best thing to do lol.
Why not look at a cheap squonk mod?? Get all the flavour from dripping but less mess etc.
Personally I now only squonk, I have a couple of tanks but I don’t use them all that much. Mainly because I don’t get the flavour that I get from squonking. Plus you can drive while squonking without it being dangerous;).

If you like building your own coils I’d get a squonk mod, something like a hotcig rsq which is a regulated one up to 80watts. Single battery 18650 mod. Pair it with a rda that uses a bottom feed pin, I use a dead rabbit 24mm rda which is a dual coil rda and the dead rabbit sq which is a single coil squonk rda. Shouldn’t cost you more than £70 if that.

Juice wise?? I like the menthol type of juices myself but the 2 I vape the most is the fantasi ice orange and the monsta vape sweet and sour. Both juices aren’t throat rippers and they do different flavours.

Or do what I’m doing now, mixing my own liquids.

Top notch suggestion on the squonk idea, I popped in to my local vape shop on the way home from work and they had a Pulse BF kit for a web-equivilient price so I grabbed it. Satisfies my love of mechs and has a nice RDA thrown in,

All I will say is, why didn't I try this squeezy bottle nonsense before ?! Thick flavourful clouds of an RDA, without the sticky fingers or worry about thick juices.

Genuinly thank you for the idea.

For juice, I discovered Brasberry mint is available in the UK as a concentrate, arrived this morning, got my mixing gear out and made some up. I also knocked up some raspberry donut - to they will keep me going while I sample some other stuff,

bt1DlkJl.jpg

Have a look at the Wotofo Flow tank. Stock coils are great, good airflow and you can use load of other coils (Smok, Joyetech, Vapresso etc)

The only juice I've used for the last year is Jackamoo, nice selection of flavours and reasonably priced.

Will pop one of these on my shopping list - can go though my remaining coils. Cheers :)

Caporegime
No probs mate, glad I could help. Yep squonking is all I do now. Get all that flavour from dripping but in a more less messy way. Although be careful with some rda’s you can over squonk if you aren’t careful.

Caporegime
I practically live off Jatuns Wraith. read reviews of some before you buy, some of their stuff are major coil killers. Their Cryo Mango can make a coil black inside a tank :o
Hey pgi what’s that jotuns wrath like for you?? Did you shake and vape or leave it to steep for a week??
I got a 250ml hackshot of it and mixed it up last night and had a cheeky vape of it just a little while ago...and it’s not that great. I get a huge citrus flavour from it along with the icy effect. But no blueberry as of yet. Not sure if it’s meant to be a sweet-ish juice or more of a sour juice.

Soldato
Hey pgi what’s that jotuns wrath like for you?? Did you shake and vape or leave it to steep for a week??
I got a 250ml hackshot of it and mixed it up last night and had a cheeky vape of it just a little while ago...and it’s not that great. I get a huge citrus flavour from it along with the icy effect. But no blueberry as of yet. Not sure if it’s meant to be a sweet-ish juice or more of a sour juice.

To me and my knackered taste buds it tastes like a kind if cough syrup. Though i leave for 3 days minimum to steep, it's usually best after 10 days of regular shakes and breathing :)

Caporegime
To me and my knackered taste buds it tastes like a kind if cough syrup. Though i leave for 3 days minimum to steep, it's usually best after 10 days of regular shakes and breathing :)
I see, well finished off the last few ml’s of it and it kinda is growing on me. Think with a few weeks steep it should be better. The ice effect is spot on.

Soldato
Recieved a Digiflavour Themis today and so far first impressions are very good. Got the dual coil version and coiled it up with 26guage kanthal coming out at 0.4ohms using vaping with vics suggested wicking method from his review.
One thing that initially struck me was its size... its a big unit! Roughly the same dimensions as the Amit 25 in 5ml version but bigger girth. It also gets through liquid quickly!!
Flavour wise its as good as the Kylin which to date has been my favourite flavour wise but without the horrible leaky mess that goes with the Kylin.
Thumbs up!

Soldato
I see, well finished off the last few ml’s of it and it kinda is growing on me. Think with a few weeks steep it should be better. The ice effect is spot on.

I find it quite kind on the coils and cotton too, not the best but I can get a good few days out the cotton on a build with it.

Caporegime
I find it quite kind on the coils and cotton too, not the best but I can get a good few days out the cotton on a build with it.
Coils aren’t a problem, got quite a bit of wire so I’m not averse to replacing my cold le every other day if dry burning doesn’t fix them.
Same with cotton, I’ve got around 5 full bags of cotton bacon sitting around lol.

Like I said it’s slowly growing on me, bit citrusy but hopefully a few more days of steeping might tone the citrus down a bit.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Just got myself a Kylin RTA, great tank/build so far. :)

But in need of a new battery to power it as mine died, running on a smok stick battery at the moment, which is ok but a bit lacking in power.

I am looking for something that will do maybe 80-100W and is not absolutely massive.
Decent battery life or swappable batteries.

Anyone know some decent ones I can look at?

Eleaf Invoke. Smoant Battlestar or Smoant Charon.

Caporegime
Jotuns wrath is much better at 20% for me.

Cryo Electric is similar but much colder.
I’ve mixed mine at 20% even though it said 15%. I just dumped 4 bottles of 18mg vg based nic shots then topped it off with more vg. Probably makes it a 80/20mix i think, not sure.

Just gave it another shake today and it seems to be settling down ie the citrus flavour. It’s not as pungent as it was when I originally mixed it.

Soldato
Good stuff :)
Speaking of juicy goodness:

7Ner5gX.jpg

Can't wait for L.M.P and Verdandi especially. They smell delicious!
Six bloomin' weeks :(

Also finally got the slush and mamba shortfills. Yeah... Slush is just weird, but just about vapable. Mamba is just like you said - basically mango with a bit of blackcurrant in the background, though the Wasp makes the most of it and it's a decent enough vape for what it is.

As for the Wasp, it's pretty good. Gotta be careful not to over squonk, or you end up with a tongue full of juice :D
I'd say it's a little better than the VLS with a single horizontal coil, but not as good as the VLS with a vertical coil or two, but the verts are only really suited to dripping anyway.

8k6bZq9.jpg

May end up grabbing a Nudge 22 at some point, and the Twisted Messes 24 Pro is looking good, though maybe not ~£60 good :eek: Probably wait for a clone :o

Looks like I'm coming round your bit come Easter for a taste session:D

Blitz is nice after a week but gets even better after week 3!

BOV-Bobby from DH said that's his 'full' custard by comparison to Cremeux, so you can let me know how whether the rhubarb is a light background note or in your face.

Interested in the Mango whether it's a fresh non musty sweet mango or to be precise the sweet tangy Solero flavour.

Interesting about those shortfills that your finding similar and glad you got your Wasp-never occurred to try them with it, it really does bring out flavours so might give them a boost-especially the blackcurrant/mango one.

Your rebel mod looks awesome with the Wasp on top, find mods hard to judge the size of them but that's put it into perspective.

It's got the DNA 75c so you putting the new firmware in when it comes for the new Replay feature, hopefully it does what they say it does my LV BF is ready and waiting.

Soldato
Well, BoV smells pretty good at least. Might be an 8-12 week job going by a couple of the reviews... We'll have to see.
I'll let you know what the others are like :)

You know, I think I actually like blue slush :eek: I've been squonking it in the pulse 24 since yesterday and the bubblegum thing grew on me after a couple of ml. I understand why you wouldn't like it though. I'll take yours off your hands if you haven't chucked it down the sink yet :D

Yeah, it's always hard to get an idea of the real size of mods and atties. Pics and vids almost always make them look bigger (giggity) or skew the proportions somehow.

Definitely gonna grab that DNA update. I only really use wattage and that replay feature looks brilliant.

Caporegime
Well, BoV smells pretty good at least. Might be an 8-12 week job going by a couple of the reviews... We'll have to see.
I'll let you know what the others are like :)

You know, I think I actually like blue slush :eek: I've been squonking it in the pulse 24 since yesterday and the bubblegum thing grew on me after a couple of ml. I understand why you wouldn't like it though. I'll take yours off your hands if you haven't chucked it down the sink yet :D

Yeah, it's always hard to get an idea of the real size of mods and atties. Pics and vids almost always make them look bigger (giggity) or skew the proportions somehow.

Definitely gonna grab that DNA update. I only really use wattage and that replay feature looks brilliant.
What’s the build quality like on that rebel dna mod?? I’m looking to buy a dna75c mod squonk but not sure if I should go for the therion from lost vape or the rebel one.

Heard some unfavourable reviews on the rebel mod.

Soldato
So that’s all my DH hackshots all mixed up, now have shoved them into a cupboard for a week to steep.

Just hope I haven’t ruined them as it’s ny first time mixing. If I have then that’s £50 down the drain lol.

Need to pick up some more nicotine as I’ve used all the nic shots I ordered from darkstar. Think next time I’m going to get 72mg nic with pg and vg as my DH hackshots are 80/20 mixes at 3mg and I really wanted 70/30 at 3 mg.

Slowly learning the art of mixing, once I feel more comfortable then I’ll try homebrewing rather than hackshots.

The only difficulty with mixing is making and testing new recipes, a lot of trial and error. The only real reason i DIY is due to price, hack shots are cheap enough tbh.

Also you dont need to care if the nic shots are whatever ratio, you can simply adjust how much PG/VG you add in. The only problem that can occur is if you want to make very high VG liquids.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create You really need to be using this.

Soldato
What’s the build quality like on that rebel dna mod?? I’m looking to buy a dna75c mod squonk but not sure if I should go for the therion from lost vape or the rebel one.

Heard some unfavourable reviews on the rebel mod.
All good, with the slight exception of the battery door.
It fits fine with a 20700, but a 21700 pushes it out by around half a mm. It's also not as tight and snug as you might want it to be, but it's not rattling around or anything.
They definitely should have used magnets or a better snap in system.

While I do like it a lot and don't regret buying it, it's not particularly good value for money.
Only reason I got it over the Therion is for 2x700. If you're not bothered about that, I'd say get the Therion.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cheers dude, I’ll probably get the therion if I can find the colour I want in stock and not at a stupid price.

I do like the looks of the rebel mods but they are pricey for mods that aren’t so well built. I’ve heard people complain about them not using magnets for the doors.

Back
Top Bottom