***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Gee

Gee

Soldato
What are peoples thoughts on the black crust that appears on cotton with certain juices?

I have a Smok tank I use for work so it was sat all weekend, came to use it on Monday morning and got a lung full of crusty nastiness!

Sweetener in the form of mainly Sucralose or sometimes Ethyl Maltol that's added to juice to sweeten it up. Use enough of it, when it heats up, it'll caramelise/burn which is the crusty black coating you'll see on your coils. I won't go into too much detail about how sugars can potentially turn carcinogenic at certain temperatures, but the information is on the web should you want to read up on it.

FlavorWest as an example, use sugar syrup (Fructose) as one of the main ingredients in their flavours, with the majority of their concentrates containing it.

I've been DIY'ing e-liquid now for a good 4 years and I can safely say I've NEVER added any sweetener to any of my juices, even if the recipe has asked for it. I won't add it.

People/companies add too much sweetener to a recipe to satisfy the tastebuds and to mask a poorly crafted recipe.

TL;DR - once your coil starts getting black, replace it immediately. Switch over to DIY mixing and learn how to make good recipes using decent concentrates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, it always come back to DIY'ing I really really need to get my act together and stop buying pre mixed juice and coils for that matter.

Its time thats the big problem for me, and the fact I have a young one in the house but I didnt know it was carcinogenic, thats concerning I've noticed my coils covered in black gunk for a while

I'm also really bad at maths and clumsy so will no doubt completely balls it up

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Thanks, it always come back to DIY'ing I really really need to get my act together and stock buying pre mixed juice and coils for that matter.

Its time thats the big problem for me, and the fact I have a young one in the house but I didnt know it was carcinogenic, thats concerning I've noticed my coils covered in black gunk for a while

I'm not a Chemistry wiz so I don't know the exact temperature where a sugar would become carcinogenic without researching it, mind you, but everything can potentially turn carcinogenic when over heated. Like that steak you left in a roasting hot pan for too long.

I've seen a lot of people in here say they don't have the 'time' for DIY mixing. It takes literally 2-3 minutes to mix up say a 60/40 2 concentrate mix. Put aside 30 minutes on a Sunday or whatever to make a couple bottles that'll last you the week and you're golden.

The initial cost getting into it can be a little high (~£50-70) for scales, bottles, concentrates, VG, PG, Nic etc. But once you've got that out of the way, you're talking maybe £4 for a 100ml bottle? Compare that to £16 for a 60ml ***** bottle that's got more sweetener in it than you can shake a stick at, I know what I'd choose.

Common sense goes a long way in regards to DIY'ing as well. Keep your supplies well away from children, pets etc. (cats are sensitive to PG in large doses).

__

I've also seen a lot of "my mix tasted rubbish so I gave up" in here as well. Yeah, don't expect to get a Cream & Orange concentrate and come out thinking it'll taste like a Solero. You need to add certain bits and bobs to finesse it. Using apple? Add 0.5% of pear to make the flavour pop etc.

Some of my best recipes I've made on a whim, my ADV in the OP (Fuji Apple & Forest Fruits) is damn good - you just gotta experiment.

Soldato
Mate I'm awful at maths and I manage just fine. The e-liquid calculators do all the work for you.

Thanks, I just noticed Flavourart will do it for you but damn £22 for 100ml!

Is everything in the OP still relevant? I'm due to order some liquid which cost £32 delivered so I think I might put the money toward the DIY kit instead. If I do it I'll be relying on the OP as a guide to order and mix and probably just get everything from FlavourArt just to keep it all as simple as possible

Confused already, when I say I am bad at maths I mean I really struggle. Desired strength, Nicotine Strength, PG content of nicotine and VG content of nicotine, pop my head exploded

Permabanned
best thing you could do diy .. don't worry with what your going to save messing up is nothing .. the problem is where to put all the bottles of juice .. I've got 15 100ml bottles on my desk and more in the back room draw
then you have to buy more mods for all the different flavours ...lol :p .. just kidding ......... or am I !!!!!!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Thanks, I just noticed Flavourart will do it for you but damn £22 for 100ml!

Is everything in the OP still relevant? I'm due to order some liquid which cost £32 delivered so I think I might put the money toward the DIY kit instead. If I do it I'll be relying on the OP as a guide to order and mix and probably just get everything from FlavourArt just to keep it all as simple as possible

Confused already, when I say I am bad at maths I mean I really struggle. Desired strength, Nicotine Strength, PG content of nicotine and VG content of nicotine, pop my head exploded

I'd recommend buying your supplies separately instead of the kits in all honesty. They're good but you don't get much PG or VG in the kits - I'd recommend a litre of each to start with.

The instructions for mixing are still relevant, the only thing that's really changed is more than likely you'll have to buy nicotine shots (18mg/10ml) as opposed to 72mg nicotine, which you can still buy if you have a registered business iirc. The links are probably outdated now but I can get @Rilot to update them.

Desired strength - the strength of your end mix (1.5mg/3mg/6mg etc.)
Nicotine strength - the strength of your raw nicotine (18mg or 72mg)
PG/VG content of nicotine - more than likely either 100% PG or 100% VG (you can get 50/50 nicotine shots too).

Honestly mate, really simple.

Soldato
Thanks for the head's up. I grabbed some of the caramel custard too, along with some chronic cookie to help fill the long arse steeping gap.

So nyer :p

I was gonna sort you out some samples anyway, but if you've got some tasty stuff lying around, cool :)
:D
Hopefully get round to sorting it out on Sat mate.:)

The vandy bf squonk mod take 20700's? Reading conflicting article's.... Have a 20700 cell sat doing bugger all figured I might as well see how they are on a mech squonker.
Going to go out on a limb here but don't think you'll 'like' the Pulse BF because of the voltage drop off, but if you want a mech Squonk for the battery, the Hugo Squonker hits harder than the Pulse, is cheaper and you get a refill bottle too, FT for the wait or SR-Vapes/Ecig One if you want it quicker.

BVUfe8T.jpg

Caporegime
Yeh I have the pulse bf mech mod and the voltage drop really sucked balls on it. I’ve had mine since Dec of last year and only used it a few times.

Been trying to sell it but I guess people aren’t interested in it probably due to the voltage drop :/. I’ve even offered to give it away free of charge on another forum I’m on and still no one wants it lol.

Oh and diy mixing isn’t as hard as it made out to be. Have a look at drip hacks, probably the easiest way of getting into mixing b

Permabanned
Yet to mix up a decent batch myself just from various concentrates. That's why I gave up with them for now and just buy either pre mixed flavours(heisenberg/pinkman) or short fills if I can find reasonable priced ones.

Fog Clown Barmon is ******* amazing.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
OK, added those.
Links on the first page should be correct again. I've removed the dead ones and added a note to the mixing guide about 18mg strength.

Cheers mate. I'll have a look when I get home and see if any others need updating. The iBottles links may need sorting out too.

Soldato
Thanks for the all the help, I'm low on juice, probably got enough to last me until mid next week if I'm careful

If I crack on and want to place orders tonight to mix 100ml 6mg of 60vg/40pg of a very simple fruit flavour could you please help me out with that to get me started? I've read the guide three times now and I'm still confused (Yeah I know what you're thinking there is no hope for me) but if I can just bite the bullet and get a feel for mixing 100ml of 6mg I think I'll be ok then, I'm one of those that has to do something to learn, reading does nothing for me!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Thanks for the all the help, I'm low on juice, probably got enough to last me until mid next week if I'm careful

If I crack on and want to place orders tonight to mix 100ml 6mg of 60vg/40pg of a very simple fruit flavour could you please help me out with that to get me started? I've read the guide three times now and I'm still confused (Yeah I know what you're thinking there is no hope for me) but if I can just bite the bullet and get a feel for mixing 100ml of 6mg I think I'll be ok then, I'm one of those that has to do something to learn, reading does nothing for me!

Of course mate, I'd be happy to help. If you use Discord and are a member of the OcUK channel feel free to PM me on there if it's easier.

Soldato
Of course mate, I'd be happy to help. If you use Discord and are a member of the OcUK channel feel free to PM me on there if it's easier.

I dont but I can get it installed tonight as I want to take the plunge this time and start making my own before I get tempted to buy premixed again, I'll install it and try and find the channel and PM you

Thanks

Soldato
8SaXnGb.png

between 60 and $75

Thio3x2.png
So I bought myself a Hotcig RSQ Squonker - Designed By Rig Mod instead as it's better looking imo, slightly smaller than the original Pulse BF, probably cheaper, should arrive tomorrow and Iv'e got plenty of spare 18650's as opposed to having to buy another 20700 as I need a spare for my mechs, had my eye on the RSQ for a while, but the availability clinched it as I'm one squonk down at the moment, can't have that.:D

Soldato
:D
Hopefully get round to sorting it out on Sat mate.:)

Going to go out on a limb here but don't think you'll 'like' the Pulse BF because of the voltage drop off, but if you want a mech Squonk for the battery, the Hugo Squonker hits harder than the Pulse, is cheaper and you get a refill bottle too, FT for the wait or SR-Vapes/Ecig One if you want it quicker.

BVUfe8T.jpg

Gone for the Hugo from ecig one, comes with an RDA for £35 and should be with me sat morning.

Thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom