***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Full disclosure, I work for a company that sells vaping products globally however am not heavily involved with that side of our business.

I picked up one of our devices to test today. I am not a smoker so have no point of comparison but wanted to get a sense of the flavour delivery of vaping devices. Trying a cherry flavour I thought that the smell was impressive, however I must admit that the taste was a less intense than I expected. It reminds me of herbal tea where the intensity if the smell does not quite match the flavour on the pallete. Presumably you need to step up to some of the more powerful devices to get such an impact?

Caporegime
Full disclosure, I work for a company that sells vaping products globally however am not heavily involved with that side of our business.

I picked up one of our devices to test today. I am not a smoker so have no point of comparison but wanted to get a sense of the flavour delivery of vaping devices. Trying a cherry flavour I thought that the smell was impressive, however I must admit that the taste was a less intense than I expected. It reminds me of herbal tea where the intensity if the smell does not quite match the flavour on the pallete. Presumably you need to step up to some of the more powerful devices to get such an impact?
Could be various things like the juice itself wasn’t great etc.

Out of interest what mod was it?? If it was one of those starter pen types then yeh it’s not really going to bring out the flavour as much as say a variable wattage device with a rebuildable tank or dripping atomiser.

Soldato
Could be various things like the juice itself wasn’t great etc.

Out of interest what mod was it?? If it was one of those starter pen types then yeh it’s not really going to bring out the flavour as much as say a variable wattage device with a rebuildable tank or dripping atomiser.

I'll only say that it's a new product from one of the biggest brands, don't want to incur the wrath of any mod for promoting/advertising. It's a closed tank system with disposable liquid pods which I believe contains the heating/atomising element. The shell of the device is primarily the battery. With the larger devices, presumably they bridge the gap between taste and smell significantly?

Permabanned
I'll only say that it's a new product from one of the biggest brands, don't want to incur the wrath of any mod for promoting/advertising. It's a closed tank system with disposable liquid pods which I believe contains the heating/atomising element. The shell of the device is primarily the battery. With the larger devices, presumably they bridge the gap between taste and smell significantly?
lol sounds like something the tobacco companys are trying to push ... yeah there very poor devices .. 2 steps back approach ..

Don
OP

You can mention the device make and model as long as you're not jumping up and down saying "BUY THIS".

Caporegime
Ahh I know the ones you are talking about, pod systems like the Juul systems. Usually they are high nicotine devices, not something I would vape as I’ve been off cigs for almost 3 months now.

Soldato
You can mention the device make and model as long as you're not jumping up and down saying "BUY THIS".
Understood. It was MyBlu and I was trying the Cherry Crush (0% :p) liquipod. My wife tried it and I guess the challenge is that we are non smokers so my thoughts are probably less relevant than those of a smoker transitioning where it only has to be good enough.

Soldato
Understood. It was MyBlu and I was trying the Cherry Crush (0% :p) liquipod. My wife tried it and I guess the challenge is that we are non smokers so my thoughts are probably less relevant than those of a smoker transitioning where it only has to be good enough.

You can send me a kit, I'll test the juice, then I'll throw some of the juice into one of my rda's and I'll give you a definitive answer for your challenge.:p

Soldato

Have one of these waiting for me at the post office to collect tomorrow!

I think devices like this are more quit smoking devices as they have higher nicotine content, while a high powered, sub-ohm device produces more flavour and can be used with 0mg Nic liquid.

Soldato
Hi guys. I recently popped over to ukecigstore and bought a Vandy Vape Kylin.

untitled.png

Did a build a few days ago using my 26 gauge SS 317L, 11 wraps on a 3.5mm wide inner diameter since there's large airholes, I think it was coming out 0.7 or 0.8 ohms. Bit of an arse cutting the leads the right length but other than that quite fun to build.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Haven't used it yet, I'm after a suitable mod. I've looked at every single mod on FT but the thing is, I want it tiny and square and the only one that appeals to me in form factor, aesthetics and has that cool long trigger fire button is the Smok AL85. It's cheap enough at £35 on Amazon and the rainbow one I want is discontinued on FT. I was enquiring here about it last year but never got around to buying it. Every other mod is just that bit too tall, they're all about 85mm. What I like about the AL85 is it's only 71mm high, perfect size. However, will I be able to actually vape at 85w or even over 70w given it's a single 18650 or will the battery die or sag a lot after 5 minutes?

Some folks on UK Vapers are saying I need a dual battery mod to vape above about 50w. But a thread on FT about the AL85 says a 30Q battery is what is needed to go to 85w. I've got a Sony 18650 VTC5 IMR 30A 2600mAh 3.7v still going strong that I bought in 2014, and a Fogstar Samsung 30Q 3000mAh I bought last June still going strong.

Will the AL85 be enough to sufficiently power the Kylin or does the Kylin require more power because of its massive airflow?

I'm also vaguely considering the G-Priv 2. Looks pretty nice and has the big trigger I want. Though it's way more powered than I'll need and is a bit taller than I want.

Permabanned
Finally managed to find a vendor with the Reload RTA in stock (ecigone) and it delivered Tuesday.

As much as I love my Aromamizer Plus, the Reload just kills it. Flavour is outstanding!

Permabanned

untitled.png

Did a build a few days ago using my 26 gauge SS 317L, 11 wraps on a 3.5mm wide inner diameter since there's large airholes, I think it was coming out 0.7 or 0.8 ohms. Bit of an arse cutting the leads the right length but other than that quite fun to build.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Haven't used it yet, I'm after a suitable mod. I've looked at every single mod on FT but the thing is, I want it tiny and square and the only one that appeals to me in form factor, aesthetics and has that cool long trigger fire button is the Smok AL85. It's cheap enough at £35 on Amazon and the rainbow one I want is discontinued on FT. I was enquiring here about it last year but never got around to buying it. Every other mod is just that bit too tall, they're all about 85mm. What I like about the AL85 is it's only 71mm high, perfect size. However, will I be able to actually vape at 85w or even over 70w given it's a single 18650 or will the battery die or sag a lot after 5 minutes?

Some folks on UK Vapers are saying I need a dual battery mod to vape above about 50w. But a thread on FT about the AL85 says a 30Q battery is what is needed to go to 85w. I've got a Sony 18650 VTC5 IMR 30A 2600mAh 3.7v still going strong that I bought in 2014, and a Fogstar Samsung 30Q 3000mAh I bought last June still going strong.

Will the AL85 be enough to sufficiently power the Kylin or does the Kylin require more power because of its massive airflow?

I'm also vaguely considering the G-Priv 2. Looks pretty nice and has the big trigger I want. Though it's way more powered than I'll need and is a bit taller than I want.

You could always just limit the airflow, but your still going to have a sagging battery issue, regardless of what type you pick. That last 20% of any battery I've ever used effects the draw on even the best mods (aside from my HexOhm).

If you're going to be using the Kylin at full pelt, I'd go for a dual 18650. You just don't leave much room for experimentation with a single, unless your insistent on only ever using high resistance round wire builds.

Permabanned

I have one of these, its a decent tank, easy to build, vapes well, however it leaks something chronic. Tried a few youtube fixes and no joy so far. :(

I initially ran it on an old 50w kanger single 18650 battery and it was ok. Switched to a dual eleaf dual 18650 battery and its better.

Just gotta try and fix the leaking or im gonna sack it off.

Permabanned
I have one of these, its a decent tank, easy to build, vapes well, however it leaks something chronic. Tried a few youtube fixes and no joy so far. :(

I initially ran it on an old 50w kanger single 18650 battery and it was ok. Switched to a dual eleaf dual 18650 battery and its better.

Just gotta try and fix the leaking or im gonna sack it off.

Is it the first or second edition version? The first has an issue of condensation build up at the base which would leak out the airfow.

Soldato
@Gee

Hi mate, was wondering if you had any issues with coil life because since I started mixing (which I am loving BTW I've made a few different flavours now) I've noticed my coils are only lasting a few days before they start leaking out of the air holes. Previously on this same tank they would last at least a week.

Its really strange because the previous juice had sugar in it where as this stuff has none. It could be because I have a bad batch of coils maybe but thats not happened before and I've had this tank for a while and used a lot of coils in it but thought I would ask as my other tanks are a while off being delivered.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom