***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Made Nonna's Red Cake last night, so tasty

Anyone DIY and gradually reduce nicotine to 0 successfully? I think thats what I'm going to do now I'm DIY'ing (Thanks to Gee) I'm on 6mg at the moment, might drop it by 1% overtime but I'm a bit concerned it will make me edgy!

Glad you like it man, one of my favs! Only gets better with time too!

I started DIYing at 3mg but I only make my juices around 1mg now.

Soldato
Glad you like it man, one of my favs! Only gets better with time too!

I started DIYing at 3mg but I only make my juices around 1mg now.

Thats good to know, how did it effect you did you notice, and did you do any kind of incremental decline in your mixes over time?

I was looking at that Wotofo Bravo you mentioned last night, think I fancy an RTA as that is the next step in saving money but I'll probably want something thats single coil and two tanks one MTL and one DTL both easy to build noobie options

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Thats good to know, how did it effect you did you notice, and did you do any kind of incremental decline in your mixes over time?

I was looking at that Wotofo Bravo you mentioned last night, think I fancy an RTA as that is the next step in saving money but I'll probably want something thats single coil and two tanks one MTL and one DTL both easy to build noobie options

With Nonna's Red Cake, it gets a little more biscuity/creamy over time. Strawberry is the base though and that's known to lose its potency, FA Apple Fuji is another one which is similar.

The Bravo is a great tank imo but I wouldn't say it's a tank for a beginner. I'd have a look at the OBS Crius II. Can have it wide open or close it down for a mtl - https://www.fasttech.com/product/8790301-authentic-obs-crius-ii-rta-rebuildable-tank

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Sorry @Gee I meant dropping the nicotine :D

Thanks for the recommendation, two in one sounds good. I always think RTA's will leak loads but it'll probably stay at home anyway

Oh sorry man, haha.

When I started mixing at 1.5mg I never really felt much of a difference. I've been on 1/1.5mg for so long now, anything stronger than that hurts my throat. You'll probably find yourself vaping more with the lower nicotine, but I never saw it as an issue as I make my own for pennies.

My Crius never leaked. Only time it did was when I forgot to close the fill port...

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh sorry man, haha.

I started mixing at I never really felt much of a difference. I've been on 1/1.5mg for so long now, anything stronger than that hurts my throat. You'll probably find yourself vaping more with the lower nicotine, but I never saw it as an issue as I make my own for pennies.

My Crius never leaked. Only time it did was when I forgot to close the fill port...

Nice one, I've got a Zenith and Veco 1 on the way so I'll see how the coils last on both but I'll probably end up ordering the Crius anyway my curiosity has peaked

Soldato
3FV have the regulated Pulse price up at $45 pre-order:eek:, can't buy it yet though, anyone know if they are in the habit of moving pricing when ordering goes live?

Anyone DIY and gradually reduce nicotine to 0 successfully? I think thats what I'm going to do now I'm DIY'ing (Thanks to Gee) I'm on 6mg at the moment, might drop it by 1% overtime but I'm a bit concerned it will make me edgy!

FA do an additive could be worth looking into:MTS Vape Wizard, it increases throat hit but it will change the flavour profile a touch
I fancy an RTA as that is the next step in saving money but I'll probably want something thats single coil and two tanks one MTL and one DTL both easy to build noobie options

Siren 2 MTL is cheap on FT and probably easiest tank I've ever coiled/wicked(watch Vic's vid for building) and you get a few pre-made coils in the box with it so you can learn to coil and you have a spare sample to practice and match up with, doesn't leak either,although the Siren has more of a range of tight to loose, it's a similar vape production to the Spiral(think you were talking about the Spiral a while back).

Soldato
Siren 2 MTL is cheap on FT and probably easiest tank I've ever coiled/wicked(watch Vic's vid for building) and you get a few pre-made coils in the box with it so you can learn to coil and you have a spare sample to practice and match up with, doesn't leak either,although the Siren has more of a range of tight to loose, it's a similar vape production to the Spiral(think you were talking about the Spiral a while back).

Thanks. Yeah I id have a Spiral but I didnt MTL with it, was too loose and warm for me to MTL with I used it for DTL. Wish I kept it now to mess with the RBA

Soldato
There's plenty on youtube and various sites. Just have a google :)
Personally, I just buy premade coils to save the hassle.

How does this work out cost wise when compared to buying "retail" coils (Currently have a Cleito 120) and buying actual wire.

How long should I expect a premade coils to last?

There's so much information online in the vaping world it's hard to find a definitive answer :(

Caporegime
Much cheaper in all honesty compared to pre made coils.

Longevity depends on the juice you are vaping, sweeter the juice the more likely it will ruin your coils. But the beauty of making your own coils is that once they have gunked up, you can dry burn the crud off and re wick. Whereas with pre made coils you can’t, once they are burned out then you replace them.

A roll of fused clapton wire won’t cost you more than £10 if that and that will last you you ages.

Soldato
How does this work out cost wise when compared to buying "retail" coils (Currently have a Cleito 120) and buying actual wire.

How long should I expect a premade coils to last?

There's so much information online in the vaping world it's hard to find a definitive answer :(

Buying wire and wrapping your own will work out cheaper. Buying coils is more convenient.
I find that buying coils helps me find out what I like and don't like, as well as saving me the bother of making them.

How long they last is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, I'm afraid.
The type of coil, the wattage you vape at, how frequently you vape and the type of juice you're using all play a part in how long a coil will last.

Personally, I'm currently using a variety of VPDAM coils from here. They're mostly pretty decent FWIW.
You can also get decent coils even cheaper from Fasttech.

@Yas786
You can dry burn pre made coils. Are you maybe thinking of the type of prebuilt coils you get in a subtank?

Permabanned
why buy fused Clapton ? if hes used to premade ? there single coil
just get a roll of .5mm and .4mm 10 metres of each will last 6 months ss wire get a 3mm and a 4mm coil wrapper or even a jewellers screwdriver 4-6 wraps for .3-.6 ohm depending on wire used .
pop it in the rda narda clone ? pop some muji cotton in juice it up away you go ..
yes after about and hr of practise it's that easy ..

Caporegime
Buying wire and wrapping your own will work out cheaper. Buying coils is more convenient.
I find that buying coils helps me find out what I like and don't like, as well as saving me the bother of making them.

How long they last is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, I'm afraid.
The type of coil, the wattage you vape at, how frequently you vape and the type of juice you're using all play a part in how long a coil will last.

Personally, I'm currently using a variety of VPDAM coils from here. They're mostly pretty decent FWIW.
You can also get decent coils even cheaper from Fasttech.

@Yas786
You can dry burn pre made coils. Are you maybe thinking of the type of prebuilt coils you get in a subtank?
Yeh that’s the coils I was talking about ie the ones like you get in smok tanks etc.

Personally I stopped using those tanks even though they are convenient but the astronomical prices of them put me off.

I’ve been making my own coils for a few yrs and have saved myself a ton load of money. Just buy some wire, get a coiling jig and away you go.

I’ve got a 15ft spool of ni80 fused clapton wire and it’s lasted me a long time. The wire itself is clean and dry burns nicely. Think I’ve only used about 3 ft of it since buying it before Xmas from FT.

Back
Top Bottom