***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Before I end up (possibly needlessly) hurling several tanks in the bin, can anyone explain the following for me?

Mini Protank - 1.6ohm coil at 8 watts, massive flavour
Kanger EMOW - 1.6ohm coil again at 8 watts, massive flavour

but

Protank 2 - 1.8ohm coil at any wattage setting, no flavour
Aerotank (original) - 1.8ohm coil again, any wattage, no flavour
Vivi Nova - 1.8ohm coil, no flavour again at any wattage

Seems the slightly larger tanks are doing nothing for me at any wattage, they've been cleaned out, coils replaced etc. but still nothing and it's doing my crust in now :(

Underboss
Shouldn't be getting any dry hits with KGD in theory as it wicks better than the regular cotton, Maybe you need a wee bit more in the coil? :)

For a new RDA, Magma, TOBH, Stillaire? They all seem to be mentioned a lot. :)

If you cant wait for FT I use these guys quite often.

https://www.elegantvapour.co.uk/atomizers/rebuildables/dripping

Think I may have taken the guidance of "use less than normal" a little to far but not by much.

Have just ordered TOBH dripper from there, cheers VR!

Soldato
Ta bud, never used FT before, from China isn't it? Not fussed about the wait, still have myKFL to enjoy in the mean time.

It certainly is, and free world wide shipping.

However, select china post. Not singpost.

I'm waiting on an order via Singpost (as China post wasn't selectable, the order contains batteries in some cheapy hana clones, fear not we won't be using the supplied battereies!), it's been in a 'Dispatched to GB' state for the last 9 days, ordered on Monday 21st and still not in our possession, patience is key! ;)

I've heard stories of people receiving their kit within 5 days when using china post.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Think I may have taken the guidance of "use less than normal" a little to far but not by much.

Have just ordered TOBH dripper from there, cheers VR!

The way I do it is I cut a strip the width of my coil, or a fraction wider, twist the end and pull it though. Thats one of the things I like about it, you can cut a piece almost exactly the size you want and there is almost no wastage. :)

Soldato
I can't stop spening..

Currently got:

few ego batteries
Mini Protank 2
EVOD Glass
Mini Aerotank

Thinking of getting:

Kayfun Lite Plus Infinite clone
Dripper of some description (want to give this a go)
Box mod (can someone recommend one for £40-£50? Or shall I just get MVP2)
Might pick pre-order a black stingray-x as well...

Eeeeek.

Soldato
Ok tried the Japanesse Cotton, getting more dry hits than with normal cotton, I am sure that it is wicked as best as I normally do.

Going to give it until the end of today, the flavour is defo better but the dry hits are annoying me.

Killed the dripper last night, lost one of the post screws down the sink's plug hole.

Any recommends on the dripper front? Under £20 would be good.

Get an Igo-W. You can pick a genuine one up cheap enough in the UK. A quick look has them here for £12 http://www.ukecigstore.com/igo-w-dual-and-quad-coil-rda.html

You can drill out the holes (2.5mm recommended by me) and it will work a LOT better. I have this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005100/1609400-pmma-spare-parts-for-igo-w-atomizer for mine too. The airholes in this are larger than standard, and if I'm honest, they are great for me. And I like that I can monitor my wicks easily with it.

I have 1:1 clones of the Tobh, Stillare and Zenith V2, which are all meant to be VERY good RDA's, but I still use my Igo W the most. Easy to build on, great flavour, and great vapour (obviously build dependent).

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Balky12: Get am MVP2, or if you can stretch theres the IPV2 for £65- 70.

Todays Vapemail:

The juice not the mod. The Custard Quest continues....

0ZxEu34.jpg

Soldato
Get an Igo-W. You can pick a genuine one up cheap enough in the UK. A quick look has them here for £12 http://www.ukecigstore.com/igo-w-dual-and-quad-coil-rda.html

You can drill out the holes (2.5mm recommended by me) and it will work a LOT better. I have this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005100/1609400-pmma-spare-parts-for-igo-w-atomizer for mine too. The airholes in this are larger than standard, and if I'm honest, they are great for me. And I like that I can monitor my wicks easily with it.

Might pick one of these up? Does that PMMA part just sit ontop of the Igo-W?

Balky12: Get am MVP2, or if you can stretch theres the IPV2 for £65- 70.

Probably pick up the MVP2 cheers dude.

Soldato

I have 1:1 clones of the Tobh, Stillare and Zenith V2, which are all meant to be VERY good RDA's, but I still use my Igo W the most. Easy to build on, great flavour, and great vapour (obviously build dependent).

It's all very personal really. my preferences go like this: tobh clone > orieco storm > igo-w (drilled out)

drilling stainless steel is NOT fun, and shouldn't really be necessary IMO

Soldato
Might pick one of these up? Does that PMMA part just sit ontop of the Igo-W?

Probably pick up the MVP2 cheers dude.

The PMMA part replaces the stainless steel top cap of the Igo-W.

It's all very personal really. my preferences go like this: tobh clone > orieco storm > igo-w (drilled out)

drilling stainless steel is NOT fun, and shouldn't really be necessary IMO

Yeah, I agree personal preference.

As far as the drilling goes, the PMMA cap has just about the right sized air-holes for me, but even if not, the correct drill bit makes drilling the SS cap easy enough.

Soldato
I think I've actually fixed my issue with larger tanks giving no flavour.

The custard juice I bought a while back (ABC) is gunking up the coils within a day or two, a few dry fires on 5v soon cleaned them up and they're grand again.

Soldato
MY box-mod is coming along. Picked up a nice box from Maplins, my idea of a single 26650 is back, or better, dual 26650 in parallel...Hmmm. Getting a FatDaddy 510 and some buttons. Now, here is the issue, the box is big but plain. Can I paid ABS? If so, what paints are good for it? A striking design should break up a large space enough...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Theres a an update to the SX350 due very soon, maybe even tomorrow. Will add a few new features, flipping display, some tweaks etc. Basically everything that Phil B didn't like in his review! :)

Soldato
I haven't had a decent view of it, but it doesn't look like it screws on? Do drippers just rest ontop of coil bit?

Basically. You build the coils on the deck, and the top cap is held in place by the o-rings.

I removed the upper o-ring on my Igo-W as I only ever use it in the house, and with a single o-ring the PMMA cap is easily strong enough to keep it on. I was finding it more struggle that I could be hooped with with two o-rings (bearing in mind I am dripping with a 0.17 Ohm dual coil build, I rip through the juice). I don't like dripping through the drip tip, preferring to make sure my coils a wick are properly saturated.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Been absolutely rinsing this Rise by Ruthless E Juice I tried at Vape Fest. I can't put it down!

Also picked up these two from ejuices.com - shipping was around 5 days from the US. I'll give these a blast at the weekend.

Dv5xupb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom