***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
http://i.imgur.com/OsGUT1ml.jpg[*IMG]

*Snip*[/QUOTE]
Great setup. The new BVC's or whatever Aspire are calling them are really good by all accounts. :)

[quote="JOSH86, post: 26715229"]I wondered what it was, thought it was packaging!

I half cut it in half to share with my work pal.

Why is it any different to normal Organic Cotton?[/QUOTE]

Wicks better, lasts longer, easier to work with etc. Try it you will see what I mean.

If you have a spare 45 minutes. :D

[url]http://youtu.be/BcZjaG9RPZ4[/url]

Soldato
Was thinking about trying a dripper for fun. IGO-W any good to get going?

Also have another KFL on the way and could do a little 'conversion' on that like this, though I don't understand how it makes a big difference considering the coil/wick setup is virtually the same as when using a tank. Saying that, I have seen a couple of others do a KFL dripper with cotton packing out the base.

Whaddya reckon?

Soldato
Was thinking about trying a dripper for fun. IGO-W any good to get going?

Also have another KFL on the way and could do a little 'conversion' on that like this, though I don't understand how it makes a big difference considering the coil/wick setup is virtually the same as when using a tank. Saying that, I have seen a couple of others do a KFL dripper with cotton packing out the base.

Whaddya reckon?

How will the airflow cope though?

Soldato
Someone pointed me to this new kf cotton wick arrangement the other day. Been using it for a couple of days in 2 atties and wow, what an improvement in flavour and vapour. Does drink more juice than my basic wimpy cotton wick but definitely worth it. The guide shows a twisted wire coil but I used it on existing 0.3mm, 1.1Ω and 1.3Ω microcoils:

http://imgur.com/a/zeCJY#8gJlsJS

Soldato
Were is the best place to buy nicotine from? I have vapeescape right near me but is there anywhere cheaper/better.

I've been on/off vaping for a while now and just got back into it but I'm running low on the nic. I know if I spend and £20 on a bottle and give up the wife will have a right moan hehe

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;26713983 said:
Anybody have an opinion on deionised water?

To be fair, it used to be accepted that deionised water was ok to use but now it's the opposite.
I would contact the vendor and query it, even send them the link to ukvapers.

Regarding your adv. VG is usually cut at 10% so allowing for 20% flavouring, a 10ml bottle would roughly have 0.8ml of water in it.
I would carry on vaping it until you hear back from the vendor.

Regarding vendors, most are good, but there are some bad ones about, I even seen a bottle of eliquid that contained oils in the ingredients, which we know is very bad to inhale.

Soldato
To be fair, it used to be accepted that deionised water was ok to use but now it's the opposite.
I would contact the vendor and query it, even send them the link to ukvapers.

Regarding your adv. VG is usually cut at 10% so allowing for 20% flavouring, a 10ml bottle would roughly have 0.8ml of water in it.
I would carry on vaping it until you hear back from the vendor.

Regarding vendors, most are good, but there are some bad ones about, I even seen a bottle of eliquid that contained oils in the ingredients, which we know is very bad to inhale.

Hello me 'ol mucker!

You're right, deionised water doesn't necessarily mean pure. You can have all sorts of crap in it (including soap) and it will still remain deionised.

A certain e-juice manufacturer has been using deinoised (lickwid) but after a few complaints have started to alter their descriptions on their website to read distilled. Makes you wonder whice they were and continue to actually use. Some liquids are cheap for a reason. One of those with lickwid is their stuff is extremely flavour light and imo a waste of money, even at a quid a bottle. These are just my opinions.

Deionised water here in the UK is cheap but distilled water remains far too expensive. In the US, you can pick up a gallon of distilled from a grocery 'store' for $0.99 and cheaper if you bring your own container to certain places. Rip off Britain once again.

I'd avoid any place that states deionised water in their ingredients. The particular batch they use may indeed be fine to vape but certainly not as comforting seeing distilled water as an ingredient instead of it.

Personally, i don't use water in any of my mixing. I find the pg in flavours and my pg nic is enough to take the gloop out of the vg.

Last edited:
Soldato
Igo-w is ok but the air holes are tiny. Try this instead http://www.kernowvapes.co.uk/Orieco_stormA_dripper/p2086842_11845938.aspx

Or a tobh (the fasttech clones are good)

Airholes are tiny, but then that's what drills are for.

That being said, I have a Genuine Igo-W (with this topcap as it comes pre-drilled with bigger holes : https://www.fasttech.com/p/1609400 and it lets me see the condition of the wicks easily).

I also have a Zenith V2, Tobh and Stillare. My go to dripper? Igo W without a doubt. Still my favourite. Nice, simple and works very well.

Soldato
Well I e-mailed 'Lickwid' and they sent me this back. Not really sure what to make of it.

Hi James,

Thanks for your email. I can assure you that our deionised water meets
USP, EP & BP specifications.

Deionised water is an interesting thing actually. It's always unsafe
for human consumption in the traditional sense; i.e. drinking, whether
it's medical grade or not. When deionised the water is stripped of all
minerals, and therefore by reverse osmosis (a chemical/biological
process) it will try to resolve this unnatural imbalance by absorbing
those minerals back from from its surroundings. When ingested it will
deprive the human body of minerals (specifically calcium) in an
attempt order to return to its original state. Because the chemical
composition of drinking water has not been altered, no such process
takes place within the body.

Basically, if you drink de-ionised water for a long period of time you
will end up with various mineral deficiencies. The amount of
de-ionised water in our e-liquid is <10%, and if it were not
deionised, some minerals contained within it would carbonise on the
coil of your e-cig and shorten your wick's life. I won't claim that
these levels of deionised water are necessarily safe so we will leave
it up to you to decide as a consumer. All I'll say is that I vape
Lickwid e-liquids almost exclusively and am not worried about this at
all :)

I hope this helps, and apologies if you found some of that information
unnecessary. I've become quite interested in chemistry and find these
things interesting!

Many Thanks,

Alex
www.lickwid.co.uk

Soldato
That's quite confusing. Well it makes sense, as to what de-ionised water is, and what chemically happens re re-absorption of minerals.

However when your body ingests anything your body strips the minerals from what you ingest, can't see that happening vice versa. Plus the levels that you actually ingest through vaping would be next to nil I would imagine?

I wouldn't be worried about it as you're not literally drinking it. I'm not a chemistry expert though and the email didn't really answer you either way?

Soldato
Thanks for sharing that email, Sponge :) I'd written to them myself but not had a response.

Makes me wonder why they've started changing descriptions of liquids to state distilled water instead of deionised water. If they've started using distilled, why would they write an email like that, defending their deionised water?

They've also removed all reference to them not having a dedicated clean room, which for an enterprise like that is inexcusable. I'm happy to do my own DIY without a clean room but that's my choice; i'm not selling them.

I'll avoid Lickwid based on the above and also as, in my opinion, their juices are weak, tasteless and not even worth a quid.

Soldato
They've also removed all reference to them not having a dedicated clean room, which for an enterprise like that is inexcusable. I'm happy to do my own DIY without a clean room but that's my choice; i'm not selling them.

Clean room? :eek:

I just have my bedroom, empty bottles, 4 syringes, concentrates, and PG/VG/Nic.

Does look suspect though..

Underboss
Ok tried the Japanesse Cotton, getting more dry hits than with normal cotton, I am sure that it is wicked as best as I normally do.

Going to give it until the end of today, the flavour is defo better but the dry hits are annoying me.

Killed the dripper last night, lost one of the post screws down the sink's plug hole.

Any recommends on the dripper front? Under £20 would be good.

Soldato
Ok tried the Japanesse Cotton, getting more dry hits than with normal cotton, I am sure that it is wicked as best as I normally do.

Going to give it until the end of today, the flavour is defo better but the dry hits are annoying me.

Killed the dripper last night, lost one of the post screws down the sink's plug hole.

Tobh clones from FT are suprisingly good, I had one a while back and the cloud it pumped were fantastic.

Without any boring of extra holes it created some great vortex's in the mod, would thoroughly recommend.

Only problem is the wait :(

Underboss
If not used since then, might be in the U bend?

Takes 20 secs to take apart, normally seals well after putting it back together?

The tap was running at the time as I was cleaning the dripper under warm water :mad:

Tobh clones from FT are suprisingly good, I had one a while back and the cloud it pumped were fantastic.

Without any boring of extra holes it created some great vortex's in the mod, would thoroughly recommend.

Only problem is the wait

Ta bud, never used FT before, from China isn't it? Not fussed about the wait, still have myKFL to enjoy in the mean time.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

Shouldn't be getting any dry hits with KGD in theory as it wicks better than the regular cotton, Maybe you need a wee bit more in the coil? :)

For a new RDA, Magma, TOBH, Stillaire? They all seem to be mentioned a lot. :)

If you cant wait for FT I use these guys quite often.

https://www.elegantvapour.co.uk/atomizers/rebuildables/dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom