US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
the more i think about that episode, it is almost as though an episode was skipped. you know, the one where they plan it..

I find the lack of any response from Negan from the end of last season very odd. They went to war, but cba to do anything? Maybe we see in the next episode that Negan knew they would be coming and there is a counter attack all ready to go...?

Soldato
What a pile of crap Walking dead has become :( was my favourite show until last season which was dull and repetitive but first episode in of the new season and it was laughable how bad it was.
How many chances did they have to kill Neegan :confused::mad: then rather than just shoot him they waste loads of precious bullets on shooting windows out :confused:. And then at the end the priest guy has a gun on him but yet let’s Neegan walk over to him with his stupid bat rather than just blow him to pieces :eek: ridiculous!

Caporegime
Not impressed, but not all that surprised either, it's been on the wane for a series or so. That whole episode was daft, didn't make sense at all. No idea where they've got all the bullets from. I mean, I know where they're supposed to get bullets from comic book wise, but that option is off the table in the TV show.

They're out of source material, pretty much. They've as good as caught up to the comics, though they seem to be deviating from them now. They better have some good ideas on where to go next, but I think it'll turn out to be bilge.

Always disappointing to see a series burn out like this.

Soldato
echo much of the above.

Also where are the Scavengers? (and their leader)

Not sure i like the timey wimey structure...because in one scene Rick is in a desperate sorta crying state and in the other he is old man Rick settled and happy Is he fantasizing like Sasha was? Dreaming of a future that will never be?

Soldato
They also said last night that the 100th episode is setting up another 100 episodes.

Which means we could potentially be having another 8 seasons after this.

16 seasons would be a joke and I don’t see how they can keep it going that long.

Associate
I don't get it really, the show is a huge success and probably has a budget not far off GoT (albeit spread over more episodes).
Surely they can get some decent directors in to shoot the big, 'spectacle' episodes?! Like the finale last season, it's laughable when they try to do big set pieces. Small confined action scenes are generally pretty good but when they try to go big they fail terribly

Associate
I somewhat enjoy the shows but its just the plot - I really wish they would stop trying to tie in the comic to the tv series at all costs ... I mean either they think the audience is stupid or they dont care and just make the plot this way anyways ... ie the whole 30 people with trained guns not shooting negan or 30 people wasting 1000 rounds shooting windows ... wish they would cut this stuff out reminds me of the original a team when I was a kid where all these bullets would fly but no one ever died. And that was 30 years ago.~

Caporegime
What a pile of crap Walking dead has become :( was my favourite show until last season which was dull and repetitive but first episode in of the new season and it was laughable how bad it was.
How many chances did they have to kill Neegan :confused::mad: then rather than just shoot him they waste loads of precious bullets on shooting windows out :confused:. And then at the end the priest guy has a gun on him but yet let’s Neegan walk over to him with his stupid bat rather than just blow him to pieces :eek: ridiculous!

I've lost count how many times I've screamed 'kill him' when it comes to Neegan, a few seasons back the writers were saying that part of the magic with the show was that anyone could be killed off at any time.. but with Neegan it's just too obvious that they want to keep him alive to the point where the actions of gang towards him are beyond stupid.

Soldato
Negan is a great character and I would love to see how he reacts to being captured. It's taking far too long though and at the moment I'm past caring. :(

negan is one of the worst 'bad guys' not just in the show but in any tv show. they can't even get him a tailored leather jacket. he's ridiculous and so are some of things he says

Soldato
Negan’s pure white t-shirts along with his baseball bat that one minute is covered in blood and the next looks brand new.

But the tiger is ridiculous.

Caporegime
Negan is better in the comics, and what happens to him is better, but I'm obviously not allowed to spoiler that. I hope they go ahead with that, but I suspect they won't. I imagine they're worried that if they get rid of him or otherwise neuter him they won't know what to do next.

Soldato
Negan is better in the comics, and what happens to him is better, but I'm obviously not allowed to spoiler that. I hope they go ahead with that, but I suspect they won't. I imagine they're worried that if they get rid of him or otherwise neuter him they won't know what to do next.

I find Negan's character a bit rubbish. (not read the comics) I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan, does a cracking job of portraying the character as such, but other than the ott violence and pantomime dialog there's no substance to him whatsoever. I would have thought by now we would have had some backstory as to how he got to where he is. I've been waiting to hear "he's behind you" for weeks. Show is still enjoyable and about the only series I bother to I record but the quality of the writing and intensity fell away when we lost Glenn and Abraham. I think my new favourite character will be Jerry.

100th episode seemed muddled to my eyes, almost as though we'd missed part of the story. Maybe upcoming episodes will be retrospective and fill in the gaps. Crazy how they can shoot bolts from a cross-bow hundreds of yard and have it land inch perfect to deliver a message but can't hit Negan perched on a platform with all the guns in the kingdom. Mehhh.

Soldato
Yes, because motorcycle jackets are nearly always tailored aren't they‽ Where would you suggest that epic leaning back bat man attains a tailored motorcycle jacket during the zombie walker apocalypse?

the point is it's that glaringly obvious it's a bad fit it makes him look even more ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom