US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Associate
Personally am keeping the faith but sincerely hope this picks up again. The gun battle last night was terrible (unlimited ammo, no reloads, terrible aim, corrugated / sheet metal now stops bullets?)

Soldato
Am I the only one who doesn't know wtf is going on? Last episode they were at the main base and ran away after letting in a few walkers. Now this one starts with Carol and the King lying on the floor covered in dust, then with no explanation they just get up and march on their way to god knows where for god knows what. Meanwhile another group are attacking an unknown place for unknown reasons while Rick's group are doing something similar elsewhere. Dodgy action and tiger parts aside just some semblance of story would be nice, maybe a scene with the top dogs briefly explaining the plan would have been beneficial.

Soldato
Am I the only one who doesn't know wtf is going on? Last episode they were at the main base and ran away after letting in a few walkers. Now this one starts with Carol and the King lying on the floor covered in dust, then with no explanation they just get up and march on their way to god knows where for god knows what. Meanwhile another group are attacking an unknown place for unknown reasons while Rick's group are doing something similar elsewhere. Dodgy action and tiger parts aside just some semblance of story would be nice, maybe a scene with the top dogs briefly explaining the plan would have been beneficial.

you're certainly not the only one. i forgot to round off my critical review with ''and where the **** are they now?''

Soldato

Now I've seen the 2nd episode my best guess would be that all the randomness of time, people and events will unfold little by little as the series progresses. All the wtf moments will eventually be woven into the full series of events that will tell the whole story. I think we will have at least a couple more episodes before we get enough information to see how the first confrontation plays out in sequence. Only character I find irritating at the moment is Morgan who seems to spend every episode on the verge of some sort of breakdown. It has it's faults, but it's is still entertaining... Jerreeeeeeeeeey.....:)

Last edited:
Caporegime

I think they were going to kill a scout in EP1 but he threw a grenade and opened the room full of zombies then legged it, their group spent EP2 chasing after him to stop him warning the Saviours. It's a bit of a cluster **** though. On the Talking Dead one of the directors (I think) was saying that they only have 8 days to film each episode which explains a lot in terms of the 'action' scenes.

Soldato
Morgan turning into John Wick Stick was hilarious. Although credit where credit's due, he did holster his suppressed 92FS when it locked the slide back due to being empty and he did perform an ammo check.

Soldato
Unlimited ammo, 10 yard firefights nobody can shoot for toffee. I'm out.

made me laugh when one minute the girl (who was a bit of a bully) looked like she may be some serious competition in terms of the firefight, next scene, she's getting killed by one of her comrades who had turned into a walker

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Did we see anything to suggest that?

Yes, the episode.

Episode 8.1 - The Kingdom group approaches the base but the saviour sees them, hides behind a car and lobs a grenade, knocking them out.

Episode 8.2 - They recover and pursue the guy before he gets word out about their attack.

Also, people talking about non-realistic gun fights in a show about zombies :p

Edit - meant guns fights, not gun rights (even though it's set in the US)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
There certainly seems to be a lot of ammo around all of a sudden. Must admit I am a bit confused as to the big picture currently, but am enjoying the pace.

Soldato

i thought i was the only one - no idea what they were doing or why.

Soldato
Yes, the episode.

Episode 8.1 - The Kingdom group approaches the base but the saviour sees them, hides behind a car and lobs a grenade, knocking them out.

Episode 8.2 - They recover and pursue the guy before he gets word out about their attack.

Also, people talking about non-realistic gun rights in a show about zombies :p

I'm all for a bit of artistic licence but in episode 1 they shot about 1000 rounds in to warehouse glass. In episode 2 they must have got through 500 rounds and hit 5 people at best from near point blank.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I'm all for a bit of artistic licence but in episode 1 they shot about 1000 rounds in to warehouse glass. In episode 2 they must have got through 500 rounds and hit 5 people at best from near point blank.

Oh I agree. Series was better when it was mainly them fighting walkers. Rick can shoot a guy dead with his pistol in one shot but misses Began with an automatic.

Caporegime
Personally am keeping the faith but sincerely hope this picks up again. The gun battle last night was terrible (unlimited ammo, no reloads, terrible aim, corrugated / sheet metal now stops bullets?)

when i seen the cars with it on i was like wtf ? that isnt stopping nothing.yet when the fire fighting starts everyone is behind it like armour plating.a pellet gun can shoot through that ! never mind a normal bullet lol

Back
Top Bottom