***The Wine Thread***

Soldato
When I was younger my mum used to buy wine before Xmas dinner and I remember it made me really hungry instantly.

the wines were called Niersteiner and Piersporter. Both German. You cant seem to get them in supermarkets any more, but is Riesling a suitable substitute?
To cut a longer explanation short, if you go and buy a German Reisling at around the same price, you'll probably get a similar styled wine. Googling Piesporter Wine still shows plenty of places selling it.

Soldato
I did a stock check yesterday after buying some more BBQ wines and beer for this year. (*). I forgot the birthday party last year.. here's a list that I found..

Beer (750ml each, most around 8%)
Le Fort 10%*
Straffe Hendrick 11%*
La Chouffe*
Paix Diex*
La Raoul 7%*
Vieux Lille*
Ch'Ti x2*
Abbaye du Lys*
La Goudale x12 (only one that's in small bottles)*
Despirados x12

Cidre
Cidre de Bretagne Brut x3*

Red Wine
Macon x2*
Laudun, Côtes du Rhône Villages x2*
Pinot Noir Aug Florent x2*
Domaine de la Combe Darroux, Julienas*
Jean Bouchard Bourgogne Pino Noir*
Medoc Merrain Rogue, bordeaux*
19 Crimes
19 Crimes - uprising
19 Crimes - the deported (this one has coffee in it too)
Chateau for Crain, Bordeaux
Bourgogne, Passe-Tout-Grain
MoutonCadet 2014 (this one is the last bottle that the Mrs' sister gave me before she died)
Chateau La Tour Carnet - Haut Medoc
Margaino de Rothberg St. Emillion

Rose Wine
Buzet x2
A really old manky Dry Rose from Tescos.. which is more of an experiment now as I've had it for so long the tannin has coated the inside of the bottle..

White Wine
Daguet de Berticot x2*
L'Heritage de Carillon Pays D'oc Chardonnay x2*
Jourancon
Domain Blanchard, Macon Villages x2*
Gewurztraminer
Petite Chablis, Florent
Sanceere, Florent

Sparkling
Clairette de Diex Fruite x2
Clairette de Diex Brut
There's a couple more bottles of sparkling that have been in there a while.. but belong to the mrs who doesn't drink..

We managed to decimate the bottles of Margaux that I had in the space of about two weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom