The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Lies! I put a skill point into Bear School and it's awesome. Finished the game start to finish on Death March with that sexiness.

I'll try the other two sets on my second play through. I'm already back into the Witcher 2 on Dark difficulty and already have 1 piece of the Blasphemer set crafted.

Vitality is still bad though, full melee builds get insane stamina regeneration and with quen boosting runes in your armor, you can be full glass cannon and never take damage with quen, it's just stronger. :p

Nice if the game had transmogrification though, make the feline look like the bear set. ;)

Soldato
You don't need the quest, as you can still loot the plans. There are online guides in that case.
Yeah, I can use a guide. Not the same though is it.
What is the quest called and how did you start it?

It is called Fool's Gold.
you pick it up going through an abandoned village just north of the Reardon estate where you do the notice board quest 'The fall of the house of Reardon'

It is level 10

Soldato
A quick question for those that have already finished the game.

I'm at the stage where I have got the Sunstone and about to go to Ardvik to summon Eridin. My question is, if I go, will I still be able to go back and do other missions or not?

The only things I have not bothered with in this game has been Gwent(just find it a bit tedious), the fights(don't seem to have the same control as fighting with swords, seems very hit and miss) and lastly the races.

Out of curiousity, what is the highest level you can reach in this game. I'm currently lvl 37.

Associate

I'm at the stage where I have got the Sunstone and about to go to Ardvik to summon Eridin. My question is, if I go, will I still be able to go back and do other missions or not?

The only things I have not bothered with in this game has been Gwent(just find it a bit tedious), the fights(don't seem to have the same control as fighting with swords, seems very hit and miss) and lastly the races.

Out of curiousity, what is the highest level you can reach in this game. I'm currently lvl 37.

That bit does trigger the end of the game, yes. Once finished you can still go out and do pretty much all the things in the world you could before, although all of the main characters and some story-bound sidequests will be unavailable.

Soldato

I was level 34 when I finished, I think the highest is 45, since I have some level 42 weapon plans.
All Main quests and characters related to them get removed, same for secondary quests that involve them.

Everything else is unchanged.

Soldato
Or you know, do what I did, BUY all the maps!

Not only that, simply exploring led me to many pieces without realising, which then triggered the quest chain for them

I've bought the maps, but they are not coming up in the quest logs when reading them unfortunately.

I'll use a guide, but still, not ideal.

Soldato
In that case, I think I'll carry on and finish of the few secondary missions and witcher contracts I have outstanding. Might also go and pick up any other missions(yellow exclaimations), on the map. Still have a load of "?" I would like to do.
Don't see the point in going back into the game, once the main mission is finished.

Associate
I experienced a bug with the map for the Ursine set where the quest wouldn't show after reading, but the map stayed in the quest section in inventory. Upon entering Skellige the quest unlocked and the map was moved to the consumable section.

Soldato
In gwent am I trying to get the best total score? I've been playing it like my close range has to be higher than their close range, etc but I think I may have been doing it wrong :(

Yeah, basically you just need to worry about the number on the left (the total), if that's higher, you win, if it's a draw, you both lose a gem (except for the Nilfgaardian deck which wins on a draw).

Soldato
Sometimes it is worth thinking of the long game and throwing a match so that you can win the next one.

I pretty much always sacrifice the first round for card advantage. The opponent usually practically let's you win the 2nd round too if you have a few more cards than them.

Getting sick of crashes.

Back
Top Bottom