The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Another set of Witcher gear... don't know if my inventory can take it. :) Is 160 the maximum inventory size? Already have all 3 of the sets, so 6 swords and 12 pieces of armour.

Soldato
Forgot about those. And I'm pretty sure I accidentally sold one of the swords. Sold one of the chest armours by mistake.. cost 10k to buy it back :). Should have just reloaded, or remade the armour. Sometimes the wrong thing in inventory is highlighted I find. Click it but it doesn't get selected, so you think your selling it, but you are really selling what you had selected before.

Soldato
Finished the Witcher 2 ( again, 3rd time ), on Dark difficulty again. Got my save all sorted, and removed all the other saves to make sure I get the correct one imported to 3.

Can't believe I managed to finish the game so quickly after only starting on Friday afternoon.

Going to have a real blast on my second playthrough of the Witcher 3 now. I even started with my bluestripes tattoo. Here's hoping it imported everything properly.

Soldato
I'm seriously losing the will to play this game, it is brilliant and it certainly gets you immersed in it but the bugs are just killing it for me and have restarted it twice already losing maybe 20 hours or so because of it.

My current annoyance is in the contract for the Mystery of the Byways Murders.
The first step is to Talk to the commander of the Nilfgaardian patrol, which I have already done and the quest log shows it as a green check. Then the next step is to discover what happened, at this point you stumble upon a village overrun with around 5 ghouls - now just walking into this area turns the already completed step 1 into a red fail. It's annoying as hell because I hate seeing those failure marks, especially undeserved/bugged ones.

A couple of other things annoying me:

- The loading screens, having to reload constantly because of bugs and watching and listening to that annoying voice over and over again is very frustrating.

- Duplicate quest log entries, I have a few quests where the stages that are complete have been duplicated.

- Persons(s) in distress, why on earth is a simple thing such as killing a few bandits and obtaining a key to unlock the cage so difficult? Bugs again, a few of the camps where the person(s) in distress don't seem to want to drop keys for you, again reload before encountering these points in the hope they are fixed in future patches and come back and try again.

- Fear of exploring or looting, the first time I restarted the game was because on the first map, apparently I had killed some bandits and looted treasure that was part of a quest, but because the quest had not been started there was no possible way of knowing this, so by the time you do start the quest, you cannot complete it because you already did it without knowing. This is my biggest issue, I now play in fear of locating places or looting things because I don't know if the place I am at is supposed to be a quest/loot location, you can actually break quest lines because you explored parts that are apparently not meant to be found until a quest has started it.

- Quest items, I have items such as unsent letters and things still in my inventory. There was one secondary quest where a mother wants help finding her son, you discover he was hanged for been a coward if I remember correctly, you give the mother a letter the son had written explaining his remorse etc, so why on earth do I still have the letter in my inventory after I handed it over?

- Merchants, why on earth do they not have a buy back option? The amount of times I have been selling things and accidentally sold the wrong item, to buy it back now costs pretty much double. Oh yeah, and do they actually sell anything of use, I have tons of gold but it appears no one sells any quality weapons or swords.

I have more but it's worn me out, fed up of having to constantly save and load and backup saves just in case I do something wrong and either bugs the game out or gives me quest fails.

You know Skyrim had its bugs, you kind of expect it with these large open world games but The Witcher 3 feels like I am getting punished for actually discovering places, looting and killing bandits. I feel like you have to make a effort to start as many quests as early as possible, go to all the notice boards etc and start quests because if you dont, at some point you may not have realised it but you may have interfered with a area/loot/bandits that were part of a quest you should not have done yet.

Associate
I'm seriously losing the will to play this game, it is brilliant and it certainly gets you immersed in it but the bugs are just killing it for me and have restarted it twice already losing maybe 20 hours or so because of it.

My current annoyance is in the contract for the Mystery of the Byways Murders.
The first step is to Talk to the commander of the Nilfgaardian patrol, which I have already done and the quest log shows it as a green check. Then the next step is to discover what happened, at this point you stumble upon a village overrun with around 5 ghouls - now just walking into this area turns the already completed step 1 into a red fail. It's annoying as hell because I hate seeing those failure marks, especially undeserved/bugged ones.
They don't really mean anything though, so long as the quest itself isn't failed. You will have quite a few quests with red marks next to objectives because there's other optional paths/choices. I think once a quest finishes it shows you all the other things you could have done.

The one you specifically pointed out seems a bug, I got the same. But you're gonna have a real frustrating time if you want to go through the game without getting any red X's next to objectives :D

Soldato
Has anyone else turned on hairworks in Patch 1.06? The hair looks and responds better. Not the same thick grey strands. More flowing and white. Although my fps is lower by 5 on average since the new patch.

Looks better all round though.

Soldato
The one you specifically pointed out seems a bug, I got the same. But you're gonna have a real frustrating time if you want to go through the game without getting any red X's next to objectives :D

Dammit I hate those red x marks though :o :p

I've been stuck on The Nilfgaardian Connection quest for weeks because of this exact reason, as you progress so far through the quest you keep getting a red fail regardless of what you do.

Either im just a perfectionist or I have some kind of OCD, those fail marks really do bother me :p

Soldato
toon_mad, sorry to hear that you having problems with the game, some of them I do recognize myself though, especially this one.

- The loading screens, having to reload constantly because of bugs and watching and listening to that annoying voice over and over again is very frustrating.

But by accident (not been looking for any mods) Gopher happened to have this solution on his YouTube page and I instantly installed it since I also found the above very annoying.

Disable Intro and storybook videos by Zander

It's very easy to install and gets ride of one of your problems, if you still inclinced to playing it for now. One thing I noticed this morning though, after installing patch 1.06 had to go in and remove bumpers.usm again, but part from that it been working like a charm. :)

The rest you mentioned I can't help out with though but maybve the above might be of use for you, or anyone else. :)

Soldato
toon_mad, sorry to hear that you having problems with the game, some of them I do recognize myself though, especially this one.

But by accident (not been looking for any mods) Gopher happened to have this solution on his YouTube page and I instantly installed it since I also found the above very annoying.

Disable Intro and storybook videos by Zander

It's very easy to install and gets ride of one of your problems, if you still inclinced to playing it for now. One thing I noticed this morning though, after installing patch 1.06 had to go in and remove bumpers.usm again, but part from that it been working like a charm. :)

The rest you mentioned I can't help out with though but maybve the above might be of use for you, or anyone else. :)

Will look into that thanks buddy :)

Soldato
Just gonna add a little to my earlier rant :p

- Not sure if it is intended or another bug, but when loading the game and going to previously destroyed monster nests, they are greyed out on the map but can be destroyed again - no monsters surrounding or inside, but put a bomb in the nest and some easy XP for destroying an already previously destroyed monster nest.

- Again, I have quest items in my inventory that should no longer be there. The latest I discovered is the bundle of burdock used to get the godlin to leave the bankers house it was haunting. I already completed that quest, the bunch of burdock was burned, so why, like all the other quest items that are no longer needed is it still showing in my inventory?

- NPC's are still doing that annoying pop in, you can see there names from several steps away but only until you are on top of them do the characters actually appear.

- Another quest failed bug I forgot to mention I tried yesterday. When looking for Triss, you have two options to either ask the beggars or follow a thief to the king of beggars. No matter which option you take will result in the alternative been a fail in your journal.

- What is the point in Igni? I have that sign maxed out and it barely effects anything I use it on.

- Gwent, I have no idea how to play or what on earth I am doing - I will keep that for later because the tutorial was no help :p

- Runestones, so unless I am missing something once you commit a stone to a weapon or armor you can no longer get it back? I thought destroying the item it was used on would get it back but it doesn't seem to.

- Running through the forest and something (maybe a spirit) started talking, again looks like I ran into what must be part of a quest. As the quest has not been started, I needed to load a previous save losing maybe another 5 minutes or so.

- Again, I just discovered in a obscure place a treasure chest. But been the way this game is I have left it, because knowing how everything has gone so far I wouldn't be suprised if it is a quest item/location. So really I feel like I am running around not achieving anything because I know doing something will likely result in something been failed down the line.

Probably more, but you get the idea :D

Associate
You can get runestones back, just find the right person to tale them off your armour/sword etc.

Gwent , i suck at

you can start and even do quests before u get them, when it starts, if you have finished it, it just cuts to the "gimme my reward" part.

Associate
Has there been any fix for the crossfire flickering yet ? Completed game on 4k at 30fps with aa disabled and was ok for the most part but want to play through again on 2160p at 60fps with aa enabled. Purposely left out much of the side quests. Quite annoyed this still hasn't been fixed. Any work arounds or anything ?

Soldato
Has there been any fix for the crossfire flickering yet ? Completed game on 4k at 30fps with aa disabled and was ok for the most part but want to play through again on 2160p at 60fps with aa enabled. Purposely left out much of the side quests. Quite annoyed this still hasn't been fixed. Any work arounds or anything ?

Sadly that's all down to when AMD release a proper crossfire profile in their drivers. With the new Fury X card launching next week they might have updated drivers for you.

Back
Top Bottom