The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
It's all guesses until the game comes out, as it has always been for any Pc game.

Indeed. However, I'm yet to see a game where the recommended specs can run a game fully maxed out at 60fps+. Therefore, it's safe to say being just above recommended specs won't be enough without dialing some options back.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't normally bother pre ordering games, but tempted to for this. Is currently only £20 on G2A cdkey site.

However, I've not used them before - it just says 'global' key. Is it not a steam key??? Any advice appreciated....

Soldato
Apparently, the game's now finished and pre-loading has begun on XBone;
http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/uncat...oes-gold-set-for-worldwide-release-on-may-19/

Interestingly, the XBone version is 10GB light of the PS4 and PC versions (for which no pre-loading yet) - textures, perhaps?

On another note, I've not played any Witcher - is it worth me picking up the first two, and can I get a decent experience with around 15 hours or less of playtime on each?

Soldato
Wondering if i will need to pump any specs up in time for this? I know we dont know how it will run on our systems really but do you guys this i will be ok?

I5 2500k @4.5
2x 6950 crossfire (fingers crossed crossfire support is good)
8gb ram, was thinking of increasing the ram perhaps?

Hopefully it will run well enough with my spec as i would rather buy at pc prices that get it on ps4! Infact i think it was witcher 2 that made me buy my 2nd 6950 :O

Associate
Wondering if i will need to pump any specs up in time for this? I know we dont know how it will run on our systems really but do you guys this i will be ok?

I5 2500k @4.5
2x 6950 crossfire (fingers crossed crossfire support is good)
8gb ram, was thinking of increasing the ram perhaps?

Hopefully it will run well enough with my spec as i would rather buy at pc prices that get it on ps4! Infact i think it was witcher 2 that made me buy my 2nd 6950 :O

I would think at them specs you are fine for 1080p at medium settings depending on what sort of settings the game has remember it may not have a working crossfire profile at launch so your be using one card only most likely so no AA.
As for your ram there is no point upgrading that your not going to gain anything in games as it will be more important to have higher VRam on the GFX card these days.

Looked at what is required again your just on there minimum specs on your graphics card but I think your be ok at medium to low settings yes if there is a crossfire profile you should be ok but I wouldn't hold your breath on that for release

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for these responses, i have often debated just ditching these cards and getting a single 970 or something but cant tell if that would be much of an upgrade over having the 2 cards etc

Will leave the ram as is then, thanks :D

Permabanned
Thanks for these responses, i have often debated just ditching these cards and getting a single 970 or something but cant tell if that would be much of an upgrade over having the 2 cards etc

I just got a gtx 980 and over a single 6950 it is night and day, but I have no idea how much power two 6950's offer though.

Associate

you would get better performance out of a single current gen card then both your old cards crossfired because your guaranteed the performance from every game with one card but with 2 card sometimes it may use the second card sometimes not.
Also if I remember current the 6950 only as 2gig of ram where most cards these days have 4gig apart from the 970 which has 3.5gig of fast ram and .5 slower ram.

Soldato
OP
It is killing me that 980 is so expensive. It costs 16000 CZK while 970 costs 9500 CZK.
The difference in performance is about 10-15%, yet difference in price is 50% ?

I think I should rather get two 970s than a single 980 and be much better off.

I want to play this game maxed at 60fps, 1080p, and I doubt my 280X or single 970 will provide that :(

Caporegime
Is it just me or is that map size quite underwhelming? Just watching how far he travels in around 30s, looks like you'll get from one side of the map to the other in less than 5 minutes quite easily.

Compared to previous witchers, I wouldn't call it underwhelming.

I really don't see the need for these uber long ass maps, I find that to ruin the game somewhat for me.

Kingdoms of amular reckoning or whatever it's called was the first game that made me want to give up just because of the map.

Associate
As long as the map is well thought out and designed then it looks big enough, especially if the towns and citys are well done and there’s a good amount of underground areas. An interactive world and great story is what we need from this, there are enough ‘open world’ games with 25 mins of running between nothing and nowhere out these days, make it fun and interesting and you won’t notice how big the world is or isn’t.

Soldato
My view exactly.

No point having a huge world with nothing in it.

The Elder scrolls & fallout series are the only games which I've seen who make use of big maps (by adding loads of mini-quests, random areas to explore & interesting environments).

I'm currently using a GTX 770, so unsure if it's worth upgrading for 1080p or not - tempted to get a 980 but it seems excessive for one game (saying that it would future proof for star citizen) - nothing around seems to warrant an upgrade yet.

Back
Top Bottom