The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
They're kinda useful (but still equally boring and tedious) once you start B&W since the best witcher sets are ridiculously expensive and all the useless junk you get from question marks in Skellige can be sold for a pretty penny:p

Soldato
OP
So I found an interesting (red outlined) book on a toilet at Kaer Morhen. It is called The Wars Of The North: Myths, Lies And Half-Truths. Geralt mentioned it had some pages missing.

It took me a few seconds to get it.

:D

Soldato
Downloading this now. Have read so many reviews and almost all of this thread and it sounds good.

If I was addicted to skyrm and oblivion do you think this game will suit me? lol

Soldato
Downloading this now. Have read so many reviews and almost all of this thread and it sounds good.

If I was addicted to skyrm and oblivion do you think this game will suit me? lol

The game is quiet different from Skyrim, but is amazing in its own right. I put in a good 300 hours in Oblivion, 400 in Skyrim and now 500 in this game and all have their strengths and weakness. The writing, quest, details and what not in this game is beyond epic. For the smallest side quests, the attention to details, charterers etc is amazing. Some of the larger side quests / story arch's are larger and more detailed then some complete games are in their own right. In this regards, Skyrim cannot touch the witcher 3 really.

On the other hand with Skyrim, I found exploration to be the highlight of the game rather then story anyways.

Anyways, am waffling, but yeah you will love this game.

Whats different about the GOTY? :)

Is usually one bundle of the game with all the expansions and DLC in one package / purchase.

Associate
I can relate to the idea of not fast ravelling in W3. There's something so enjoyable/awe-inspiring about the setting that I can't bring myself to miss any of it. As much as I love the Elder Scrolls lore, the way the games are designed leave you little other to do than chase the next marker.

Witcher 3 confines you to a dialogue, but ultimately, you are more free. It's why it's my favourite game ever. Kind of wish I'd played the previous ones as they were released. I won't now though (probably). The graphics aren't the game breaker, but apparently they don't have the same open-world feeling; am I right?

Soldato
The game is quiet different from Skyrim, but is amazing in its own right. I put in a good 300 hours in Oblivion, 400 in Skyrim and now 500 in this game and all have their strengths and weakness. The writing, quest, details and what not in this game is beyond epic. For the smallest side quests, the attention to details, charterers etc is amazing. Some of the larger side quests / story arch's are larger and more detailed then some complete games are in their own right. In this regards, Skyrim cannot touch the witcher 3 really.

On the other hand with Skyrim, I found exploration to be the highlight of the game rather then story anyways.

Anyways, am waffling, but yeah you will love this game.

Is usually one bundle of the game with all the expansions and DLC in one package / purchase.

I can relate to the idea of not fast ravelling in W3. There's something so enjoyable/awe-inspiring about the setting that I can't bring myself to miss any of it. As much as I love the Elder Scrolls lore, the way the games are designed leave you little other to do than chase the next marker.

Witcher 3 confines you to a dialogue, but ultimately, you are more free. It's why it's my favourite game ever. Kind of wish I'd played the previous ones as they were released. I won't now though (probably). The graphics aren't the game breaker, but apparently they don't have the same open-world feeling; am I right?

Thankyou both :) Nice input and very constructive.

I will definitely give it a shot then

Soldato
OP
What settings? If you don't mind. :)

This is 4K DSRed, ultra preset, sharpening low.

TW1 and 2 are not open world, no. But they do have beautiful extensive locations that are fun to explore, and the story/dialogue is at very high level compared to most other games. If you enjoy the characters and story in TW3, I would say give them (and the books) a shot. Hell, the books maybe even more than the games.

TW3 is much higher quality when it comes to writing, consistency, narrative. And it does not have potato land to such degree as TES games. But you have to come to terms with playing a set character...you cannot be a thief or a lizard in Witcher.

Associate
Ok thinking of buying this on my new gaming PC

Had it on PS4 but only played about 5 or 6 hours and got distracted by other games.
Not to bothered about the GOTY edition as the base game will last me a long time.

But how much better is it on PC over ps4? And do people recommend using a controller or keyboard and mouse for this?

Soldato
OP
Ok thinking of buying this on my new gaming PC

Had it on PS4 but only played about 5 or 6 hours and got distracted by other games.
Not to bothered about the GOTY edition as the base game will last me a long time.

But how much better is it on PC over ps4? And do people recommend using a controller or keyboard and mouse for this?

60fps alone makes a huge difference in enjoyability. Then there is the better graphics, much shorter loading times and mod support. I would definitely get Immersive Cam/Hud and its addons, for example.
As for controls, both are fine, so use whichever you find more comfortable. I am playing the PC version on my plasma from couch, so I use a controller.

Associate
60fps alone makes a huge difference in enjoyability. Then there is the better graphics, much shorter loading times and mod support. I would definitely get Immersive Cam/Hud and its addons, for example.
As for controls, both are fine, so use whichever you find more comfortable. I am playing the PC version on my plasma from couch, so I use a controller.

Thanks

How easy is it to add the add one as not used to PC gaming quite yet :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks

How easy is it to add the add one as not used to PC gaming quite yet :D

I am not sure I understand, but if you are asking about how to add mods, it is extremely easy. You create folder "mods" in the game folder, and put the mod folder (downloaded from witcher nexus) inside.

Back
Top Bottom