The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
I hate the console-like minimap and route helper thing.

That's already in the game in HUD options. I would highly recommend FriendlyHUD mod it automatically hides elements of the HUD as and when necessary. For example it shows map only when you use witcher senses, hides health bar etc until in combat it's really good and customisable.

Soldato
OP
Recently started a second playthrough (NG+) myself, with a few graphical mods and max settings with FriendlyHUD on my new GPU it's just a pleasure to play. I'm trying to do all the opposite decisions and dialogues (from what I remember) this time and there are already parts it feels like a new game.

Should I be using enemy level scaling on NG+ death march? I started at level 56 I think. I'm also using a little mod that levels my manticore armor with the character as I think it's the best for RP and lore, it will be interesting to see how that works out later on. I'm not worried about min maxing all the stats this time around purely an immersive playthrough!

If you want enemies to always stay challenge, use the scaling. If you are fine being unstoppable killing machine against low level enemies, don't. Personally I don't use it.

Nice. Once my GTX 1080 arrives I'm going to do my second playthrough as well. I've not played any of the expansions yet and just bought the expansion pass. Your experience makes me even more hyped. And yeah, this is one of the greatest games ever made. :)

Yeah I haven't played Blood and Wine yet. Hearts of Stone was already amazing, the best DLC I have played to date (for any game). Can't wait to see Toussaint, one of my favourite places from the books. GTX1070 already serves me well, 1080 will be damn sweet :D

Soldato
Just wanted to echo the best PC game ever. I've still not completed it. Jumped on last night with NO direction what so ever. Decided I would head to a village and it kick started a quest because there were ghouls everywhere.

The village it's self had EVERYONE slaughtered, blood, mess, everything everywhere. Hence the Ghouls. After clearing the area out you find a little girl. She explains a man killed her village, you then discover it was a Witcher, from the cat school.

They attempted to rip him off, and when he rose up, they tried to kill him. He didn't kill the girl because it reminded him of his little sister. This wasn't the first time his temper got the best of him.

I sided with him anyway, it's understandable as people still spit at you for being a Witcher.

Anyway, took the girl back to her aunt and gave her 40 crowns for food. I think I'm going to progress a little more and head back there to see if there is any additional dialogue and if the old hag has spent the money on alcohol.

Tiny little side quest but it's just so fleshed out and rich in detail. Really truly is the best game ever made.

Soldato
Just wanted to echo the best PC game ever. I've still not completed it. Jumped on last night with NO direction what so ever. Decided I would head to a village and it kick started a quest because there were ghouls everywhere.

The village it's self had EVERYONE slaughtered, blood, mess, everything everywhere. Hence the Ghouls. After clearing the area out you find a little girl. She explains a man killed her village, you then discover it was a Witcher, from the cat school.

They attempted to rip him off, and when he rose up, they tried to kill him. He didn't kill the girl because it reminded him of his little sister. This wasn't the first time his temper got the best of him.

I sided with him anyway, it's understandable as people still spit at you for being a Witcher.

Anyway, took the girl back to her aunt and gave her 40 crowns for food. I think I'm going to progress a little more and head back there to see if there is any additional dialogue and if the old hag has spent the money on alcohol.

Tiny little side quest but it's just so fleshed out and rich in detail. Really truly is the best game ever made.

I Killed him, I agreed he shouldn't have been ripped off, but it was only the village elders who tried to screw him over, but he killed everyone apart from that little girl.

Associate
I found out last night that on my recent reformat/reinstall I've lost all my saved games, including my Witcher save. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I normally move my user folder to my storage drive on every install so I can reformat later on without having to mess about. On a previous one I'd obviously forgotten to do it.

I'd finished the game, got together the last of my mastercrafted gear and was a few quests into HOS. :(

Oh well, starting from scratch it is...

Soldato
I Killed him, I agreed he shouldn't have been ripped off, but it was only the village elders who tried to screw him over, but he killed everyone apart from that little girl.

I was a little torn. But felt that as fellow Witchers, we have to stick together and so I figured I'd cover him. It annoys me walking through a village and getting hate. But the moment they want something, I'm their best friend. So yea. Sod em.

Soldato
OP
I just met the three farting trolls. Felt good dispatching Angry Joe :D

[Damien];29857350 said:
I found out last night that on my recent reformat/reinstall I've lost all my saved games, including my Witcher save. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I normally move my user folder to my storage drive on every install so I can reformat later on without having to mess about. On a previous one I'd obviously forgotten to do it.

I'd finished the game, got together the last of my mastercrafted gear and was a few quests into HOS. :(

Oh well, starting from scratch it is...

Ouch. Well you could always download a save from nexus. But then again it would not be yours..playing someone else's game sucks :p
Oh well, it's not like the game ain't worth replaying :)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
As a W3 newbie can someone please tell me which graphics mods are worth installing?

Seen something about changing the lighting effects to match those from the original E3 demo. Visited Nexus and there are simply too many mods for me to tell the good from the bad.

Associate
I wanted to enhance the game but not mod it too much to distract from vanilla because they did such a great job, here's the ones I use and it looks fantastic:

FriendlyHUD
HairWorks (non hairworks hair on Geralt but hairworks beard and everything else)
HDReworkedProject - loads of texture improvements throughout
KNGUltraGrass420 - this one makes the most difference, looks incredible but can be pretty heavy on frames so may require tweaking
Scabbards - little mod gives all NPCs correct scabbards
VolumetricClouds1_22 - More realistic dramatic clouds in Skellige
IncreasedLod

I also use sweetfx but all the presets I found look crap either too washed out, too dark, too saturated etc so I only use it for SMAA now to get rid of the shimmers as the vanilla AA is quite poor

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As a W3 newbie can someone please tell me which graphics mods are worth installing?

Seen something about changing the lighting effects to match those from the original E3 demo. Visited Nexus and there are simply too many mods for me to tell the good from the bad.

In my opinion you should play the at least for the first time without graphical mods. The game looks beautiful as it is. Personally I tested the main mod (STLM 2.2) and while it looks nice in some specific areas under specific conditions (weather/time of day), most of the time it looks worse.

Soldato
Question if I may. I've clocked about 100 hours so far. I'm on the Final Preparations part after Imlerith.

I've done almost all side quests I can find, I've done almost all treasure hunts (2 left), I've done all ?'s in all areas except Skellige. I'm only level 30... Am I missing something, should I continue on the quest? I really don't want the game to end but I feel like I'm starting to run out of things to do.

Associate
Question if I may. I've clocked about 100 hours so far. I'm on the Final Preparations part after Imlerith.

I've done almost all side quests I can find, I've done almost all treasure hunts (2 left), I've done all ?'s in all areas except Skellige. I'm only level 30... Am I missing something, should I continue on the quest? I really don't want the game to end but I feel like I'm starting to run out of things to do.

IIRC my levelling took off towards this point. I believe I was level 34 or similar towards the end of the game, I finished the last DLC at 53! I wouldn't worry unless you're feeling like you're underlevelled and struggling with enemies. The levelling in Witcher 3 is pretty wonky at the best of times!

Soldato
OP
150 hours in, I just got to Kaer Morhen.

Oh for f. sake

1j4h1glwnwexf3sjs.png

never gets old

witcher3_2016_08_12_06lsiu.png

The dialogue with Lambert is hilarious. I love how much of a ***** he is. "Killing Monsters..."

Soldato
Paul really loves this game;p In comparison, it took me around 130-150h to complete the main story, the vast majority of side quests, many question marks, Hearts of Stone and half of Blood and Wine including all question marks:p

Soldato
OP
How have you managed 150 hours and only just got to that point??? I'm so confused, what have I missed? lol

I have done every single quest/contract I found, and very sparsely used fast travel (basically only in Skellige to save time on long boat trips, but my first trip to an island was always manually by boat). I also play with disabled "?" and explored naturally and fully both Velen and Skellige. Also I replayed some sections to see alternative quest outcomes, curiosity getting better of me. I read all journal updates, character descriptions, books I find...
Note that this is steam time - it is accurate, but it contains the loadings (albeit extremely short ones thanks to SSD) etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom