The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
It is pretty long, I would say those 50-60 hours.
Couple words of advice

- use OTS (over the shoulder) camera
- read tutorial screens and learn the right timing for combat, select hard difficulty (at least try it)
- invest some points into Aard sign, it makes final boss of first chapter much less frustrating

Hard to give any advice to such post. For me it doesn't suck in any of the three games, although TW2 has weakest combat (still fun). Most importantly though, combat is not what these games revolve around.

Hard is the only way! :p

Did my first play of TW3 on hard and boy i didn't know what i was in for :D

Soldato
[cut & pasted from my reddit post]
Currently on NG+ having spent a few hours slogging yet again through the many tiresome schematic treasure hunts after finishing the main W3 campaign. Now onto meeting David Beckham (Heart of Stone)!

I should tell you all about a chance encounter in Novigrad moments ago that left me shocked. So much so that I saved and exited to make this post.

Having amassed an absolute ton of armour/swords etc after completing these hunts I had a great deal of selling to do. "Top Notch Swords!" - The Blacksmith was drained of his usual funds after a few sales, so I went to the Bookstore to sell more rubbish. Much to my surprise the shop owner stated that he had a 'Special book' for me, left by a customer long ago. It was red of colour and contained a separate message hidden within...

http://imgur.com/a/grblT

For a few moments I pondered who 'A' could be until I re-read the words 'Child of Elder Blood', and 'Failed'. It then hit home who this refers to. CD Projeckt and their attention to detail is just phenomenal.

maj

maj

Soldato
Jenny O' The Woods

When she splits into 3 is it better to kill them or run away? I've found conflicting guides online. She self heals in seconds back to full health and kicks my arse every time even though I'm 2 levels above the suggested to do the quest. Tried to kill her about then ten times alone last night.

Soldato
Jenny O' The Woods

When she splits into 3 is it better to kill them or run away? I've found conflicting guides online. She self heals in seconds back to full health and kicks my arse every time even though I'm 2 levels above the suggested to do the quest. Tried to kill her about then ten times alone last night.

Crossbow

maj

maj

Soldato
So managed to complete the Jenny O The Woods Quest. Thanks for the Crossbow tip. Doing the Griffin School Gear scavenger hunt now.

Ended up inside a cave with a few waiths, through the tunnel where the poison gas is, to a wall that I need to blast using Aard. I kill the weird creature thing and then suddenly out of nowhere something appears in the darkness with a red skull. Oh that noise. What is it?! Whatever it is is level 20. Upon further examination it is a Leshen. My examination didn't last very long as he did unspeakable things to me and then I died.

So he spawn at this point and at that level? I'm only level 12.

Associate
So managed to complete the Jenny O The Woods Quest. Thanks for the Crossbow tip. Doing the Griffin School Gear scavenger hunt now.

Ended up inside a cave with a few waiths, through the tunnel where the poison gas is, to a wall that I need to blast using Aard. I kill the weird creature thing and then suddenly out of nowhere something appears in the darkness with a red skull. Oh that noise. What is it?! Whatever it is is level 20. Upon further examination it is a Leshen. My examination didn't last very long as he did unspeakable things to me and then I died.

So he spawn at this point and at that level? I'm only level 12.

run past it and jump up on the ledge in front of you, into the next area... i have no idea why a lvl 20 is in that spot but you wont kill it at your level.. i know because i tried a few times before thinking to just run past it lol

maj

maj

Soldato
run past it and jump up on the ledge in front of you, into the next area... i have no idea why a lvl 20 is in that spot but you wont kill it at your level.. i know because i tried a few times before thinking to just run past it lol

I'll give that a go tomorrow. I'm assuming if I put a custom marker on the map I'll be able to come back for the loot in the hope he doesn't spawn again?

Edit: Just gave it another quick go there and it didn't spawn. Killed the creature, grabbed the gear and made a hasty exit!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got all the GrandMaster diagrams but only have a complete set of Feline, need to go back through the old areas to find some of the normal or enhanced diagrams.

I want to display some of them (got both Viper and Manticore sets as well).

Looking forward to starting again from scratch in the near future though as when I 1st started playing it I really struggled with the controls and what mutagens to apply.

Associate
I'll give that a go tomorrow. I'm assuming if I put a custom marker on the map I'll be able to come back for the loot in the hope he doesn't spawn again?

Edit: Just gave it another quick go there and it didn't spawn. Killed the creature, grabbed the gear and made a hasty exit!

nice one :D

maj

maj

Soldato
Yrden alternative one shots them.

Or just run away and return.

Didn't know such a thing existed (and the other alternative fires) till I googled it just now. Seems I need to unlock some more ability points in the skill tree to enable them first but they look like they could be really handy in certain situations.

Soldato
Didn't know such a thing existed (and the other alternative fires) till I googled it just now. Seems I need to unlock some more ability points in the skill tree to enable them first but they look like they could be really handy in certain situations.

I only ever used Yrden on Wraiths (and on Giant Centipede's on the Blood & Wine dlc) always used just Quen and Igni in fights but after unlocking some more upgrades and mutagens in the later parts of the games most of your signs are really handy.

Soldato
Decided to get back into it yesterday as I got the DLC ages ago, felt a bit lost on how to play after being away for so long! I'm level 35 and have all the superior griffin kit. Is there a best build to use in the DLC as I've no idea what build I'm currently using.

Associate
At level 35 you will be able to make the master crafted gear, which is 34 I think. I'm going griffin myself, although I don't really know the differences in sword damage between the witcher gears, but I know griffin is medium armour and apparently gives a boost to signs. I use a lot of igni and aard. Also have axii quite developed and a lot of points in quick attack things.

maj

maj

Soldato
Well it was a Leshen yesterday and now just got one shotted by an Earth Elemental with ?? as it's level. Was worth a try I guess :p

Soldato
At level 35 you will be able to make the master crafted gear, which is 34 I think. I'm going griffin myself, although I don't really know the differences in sword damage between the witcher gears, but I know griffin is medium armour and apparently gives a boost to signs. I use a lot of igni and aard. Also have axii quite developed and a lot of points in quick attack things.

If you get the Blood & Wine dlc you can then craft grandmaster gear and you get a huge bonus for having all the armours and both swords, costs a fortune though so make sure you've plenty of money when you go to craft it in Toussant.

Also there is Viper (available in Heart of Stone dlc) and Manticore (available in Blood & Wine dlc) both which require level 40 but I won't spoil it and tell you where to get it from.

Back
Top Bottom