The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Thanks but that just makes me even more confused. I saw the credits roll so how can it not be the end of the game unless it get furthered in the DLC extensions?

There are various endings, I thought they all had an extra bit after the scene you mention but I could be wrong. Maybe google 'Witcher 3 endings'

Soldato
There are various endings, I thought they all had an extra bit after the scene you mention but I could be wrong. Maybe google 'Witcher 3 endings'

Ah ok yeah I've heard there can be one of two things that happens - I got the more favourable ending I think but it still didn't explain what actually happened between the tower and the final scene....

Soldato
OP
I've been watching a playthrough by a Youtuber called Sips recently, and it has rekindled my desire to give this game another playthrough.

I was watching some episodes of his as well, he is hilarious at places. Hate that he still says Gerald though :)
And it is a bit infuriating for me to see people play who often go immediately for yellow dialogue option, progressing the dialogue without getting all the info.

Soldato
So... What should I play now I've finished this?

Struggling to get into a story based game now (usually have 1 on the go to chill on the sofa when I can't be bothered to sit at my desk), tried Mad Max, but just not getting drawn into it (I realise it's a completely different type of game).

Anything along similar lines to TW3 that at least tries to approach it's level of storytelling? Or am I stuck waiting until Cyberpunk is released?

Soldato
OP

Struggling to get into a story based game now (usually have 1 on the go to chill on the sofa when I can't be bothered to sit at my desk), tried Mad Max, but just not getting drawn into it (I realise it's a completely different type of game).

Anything along similar lines to TW3 that at least tries to approach it's level of storytelling? Or am I stuck waiting until Cyberpunk is released?

It is completely different, but I really loved Prey.
Also, Dishonored 2 is brilliant.
Also, Deus Ex Mankind Divided has similar emphasis on storytelling and sidequests as Witcher 3. Not on that level, but still really good.

All three are must play really.

Mad Max has great graphics, but is just incredibly, insanely 100% generic with zero interesting gameplay or story. I finished it, but was bored af lot of the time.

Soldato
Been playing this over the weekend, found some Moon Armour and Boots, and liked the stats on them. I'm level 37 now and the gear I'm using is lvl 34, the Moon armour is lvl 36.

Anyway, thought I have a look where the other pieces are.. and realized I picked up the pants ages ago (around lvl 29ish) and must sold them to someone, tried running around to different armour/smiths but couldn't find anyone that had them.. Then was selling some junk to a Inn Keeper and realized some items I sold him yesterday was already gone and here I thought all I sold was kept with them (since it loks like that with certain armour/smiths, they having tons of weapons/armour I sold before..) so I am guesing this particualt armour set is not preserved.. Since I normally only sell armour/weapons of good quaility to armour/smiths and not the normal trade mens, part from the crappy stuff. And I went around to all of them in Novigrad, Oxenfurth and Crows Perch, even teleported to Skellige Island and checked those ones.

So, I "cheated" and went to Nexus, downloaded the Debug Console and consoled commanded the pants to me. :o Which I didn't really wanted to do but hey, since I couldn't seem to be able to buy them back I saw no alternative (and I did try as mentioned above. :p ). Well, could just have ignored it all together but as I said, liking the stats and be nice with a change of gear on Geralt too. :p

Skyrim ? I added Interesting NCP's to my current game and around level 21 now, not touched the main quest line part from going to Whiterun and saying a Dragon attacked Helgen. Incase you already played Skyrim I mean but not the mod mentioned (has tons of added content and quests)

Soldato
OP
Got a good few hundred hours in Skyrim across various playthroughs/builds/mods etc., So a bit Skyrim-ed out! :p

Deus Ex is a good shout, how does that play on a controller?

I played it (and TW3, Dishonored, Prey..) on 55" plasma with an xbox360 controller - no problems :)

And I see right now it is 12 euros on steam, which is a total steal. My completionist playthrough took over 60 hours.

Associate
I fail, got to the Celtic type islands...and just got bored. I guess I'm done with sandbox massive as hell type games. But like with skyrim, love the idea of it, but just gets boring really fast for me.
Which is a shame as I completed witcher 1/2 and had a great time. Bloody shame

Soldato
OP
I fail, got to the Celtic type islands...and just got bored. I guess I'm done with sandbox massive as hell type games. But like with skyrim, love the idea of it, but just gets boring really fast for me.
Which is a shame as I completed witcher 1/2 and had a great time. Bloody shame
If you are bored exploring, you can just follow the main quest and the experience should be very close to Witcher 2 in style.

Soldato
What to play after Witcher 3 on PC? Buy/beg/steal/borrow a PS4 and get Horizon: Zero Dawn. Right up there with TW3 IMO! Writing not quite as good but it's epic! :)

I'm waiting on The Fall 2 on PC but nothing much else has piqued my interest. Can't bring myself to buy the new Mess Effect.

As for playing TW3 with controller - ugh what are you guys thinking!? MMO style mouse with buttons mapped to signs and dodge is much better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom