The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
well as its silver
#Armour Armor Piercing = pointless, no monsters have armour to penetrate

Thanks for you reply but according to someone on reddit they do have armor, they even went into the games XML's files and checked.
Quote from SweetSugarCub at reddit.
Armor piercing reduces the amount of armor on a monster when you attack, allowing more damage to come through. Note that armor is different from resistance.

Armor is a flat number reduction, while a monster's resistance will reduce your damage by a certain percentage.

Taking a look at the game's XML files, monsters' armor rating ranges from 0 (Harpy, Drowner) to 180 (Armored Arachas). These are just some sample data, maybe DLC monsters have more armor.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Ok, I took a quick look at the DLC files, the Shaelmar has the highest armor, 200.

Snippet:
Code:
<!-- Sharley-->
  <ability name="mon_sharley">
    <armor type="base" always_random="false" min="200" max="200" />

Source link

That's why I thought I ask here, since not sure of the different between the stats.

ElB

ElB

Associate
cant play any third person game with keyboard feels slow unresponsive
This; third person games played with a mouse just feel wrong -- it's very difficult to run in one direction and point the camera in another, there's no finesse to movement (I like to walk slowly and take in the scenery sometimes, but with a keyboard you're usually either standing still or jogging), and a controller makes it much easier to kick back in a chair and relax.

Soldato
The issue I have is usually with not being able to move the camera fast enough with a controller. You can fix this with Steam profiling to an extent but it still drives me nuts. What I'm getting at is situations like having to quickly turn around to aim at someone behind you - especially in close-quarters.

I agree about the smooth panning you can get while moving with a controller, it truly feels cinematic at times. If it's a game where you need to twitch aim or look around quickly, there isn't a perfect controller solution IMO, although gyro aim is very close to it - shame it's neglected as an option on consoles.

There are some analogue keyboard projects on kickstarter that look interesting. I'm surprised this hasn't been done before. WSAD at least being pressure sensitive would be awesome for so many games.

FTR: I played RotTR and GTAV with Dualshock4 Controller and gyro aim enabled. JC2/JC3 and TW3 with KB+M.

Associate
Finally got around to buying this game & it definitely looks as good as I'd heard.
The AI though....sheesh!

One thing I've noticed as this is probably pushing my RX480 quite a bit, the temps hover around 68-73c but fans ramp up to 2400ish & are the first time I've really heard them during any game.

Soldato
I see this is £17.50 on gog.com now.
It says DRM-free which makes me think it's not the Steam version. Is there a non-Steam version?
Does anyone know if gog.com does Steam keys?

If it is on Steam, how can it be DRM-free?

Soldato
Finally finished the main story line and I got the 'bad' ending.... unsure I want to play through the DLCs anymore :(:o

Neither DLC is touched by any of the characters from the Main game, part from a little visit in Blood and Wine but it's right at the end. Both DLC's are worth playing through, do Heart of Stone first, it will help a little when later doing Blood and Wine, I'm pretty sure once you more to Blood and WIne you forget about main game and that ending. ;)

It says DRM-free which makes me think it's not the Steam version. Is there a non-Steam version?

Witcher 3 from GOG is DRM free, all their games are. Also, GOG is part of CD Project as well. No clue about the Steam version, mine is through GOG and have had no complains with them what so ever. :)

Annoying, I'd actually prefer it to be on Steam
Actually you can buy it on Steam if you want, or atleast they showing there, but seem to be more expensive though.

Associate
Can anybody explain to me about the stuttering in witcher 3?? Ive googled it and it seems to be abit of a problem across the board. I'm running a 980ti at 2560 x 1440 with g sync. Uncapped FPS I get about 70-80fps but the stuttering has got worse as the games gone on. Ive capped it at 60 but then im getting 50 odd fps at points and still getting a slight stutter at times although a lot less than with the fps uncapped. Ive been running the game through game mode, running without it makes no difference. Ive also tried the maximum pre-rendered to 1 in the settings and having vsync off in game. What was the reason behind people getting the stutter guys? Does anyone have any tips??

Soldato
Neither DLC is touched by any of the characters from the Main game, part from a little visit in Blood and Wine but it's right at the end. Both DLC's are worth playing through, do Heart of Stone first, it will help a little when later doing Blood and Wine, I'm pretty sure once you more to Blood and WIne you forget about main game and that ending. ;)

Witcher 3 from GOG is DRM free, all their games are. Also, GOG is part of CD Project as well. No clue about the Steam version, mine is through GOG and have had no complains with them what so ever. :)

Actually you can buy it on Steam if you want, or atleast they showing there, but seem to be more expensive though.
Yeah, cdkeys have it for £20 which I think it on Steam but I'm not going to pay £20 for it.
If it's not on Steam I won't be getting the gog version either. Ah well.

Soldato
Do you even want the game?
I'm on the fence.
Everyone tells me it's good, but I didn't really get into "The Witcher" and haven't even played "The Witcher 2".

So I'd sort of like to try it, but I don't wanna spend too much on it based on my previous experience with the franchise. I must've paid about £5 each for the previous 2 games but not sure I've put much more than 5-10 hours into them in total.

Associate

Witcher 3 from GOG is DRM free, all their games are.
Also, GOG is part of CD Project as well. No clue about the Steam version, mine is through GOG and have had no complains with them what so ever. :)

Not quite all DRM free of late.

Associate

Same price on humblebundle for a gog key too.
You can add the game into the steam client via "add none steam game" or wtf it's called if you really need the overlay for whatever reason.

Soldato
OP
Not quite all DRM free of late.
What ? Galaxy is optional. All their games are DRM-free.

It's more so that I can install the game on any of my PCs easily rather than having to get the installer from gog.com each time. Just convenience really.

GOG has their own galaxy client which at this point is almost better than steam. Just as comfortable, you do not have to mess around with installers.

Back
Top Bottom