The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Caporegime
I said in another thread that I didn't think there was much difference between 1440p and 4K but this game has completely changed that. It looks incredible at 4K. Best game I've tried yet. Unfortunately it also seems to be the first one of many that I can't get a solid 4K60 in by turning the settings down a bit. It absolutely won't budge past 40-50fps even with everything off/low on a 1070.

Soldato
I said in another thread that I didn't think there was much difference between 1440p and 4K but this game has completely changed that. It looks incredible at 4K. Best game I've tried yet. Unfortunately it also seems to be the first one of many that I can't get a solid 4K60 in by turning the settings down a bit. It absolutely won't budge past 40-50fps even with everything off/low on a 1070.
All depends what game you playing, as Witcher 3 has true 4K textures/texture maps i think, a lot of games dont, so you might be playing another game at 4K but it may not have true 4K textures, so all your really doing is just upscaling to 4K by using that graphic resolution, well something like that anyway, think you get what i mean.

Caporegime
All depends what game you playing, as Witcher 3 has true 4K textures/texture maps i think, a lot of games dont, so you might be playing another game at 4K but it may not have true 4K textures, so all your really doing is just upscaling to 4K by using that graphic resolution, well something like that anyway, think you get what i mean.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Soldato
Yeah, that makes sense.
Im not usually very good at explaining what i want to say in words :), also always look in the dlc section for your games on steam, as sometimes your see a Free 4K texture update pack for said game, like the recent Borderlands 2 Ultra HD texture pack, and for Borderlands the prequel, Watchdogs 2, Rainbow 6 Siege, etc link below might be of interest to you, i have it bookmarked myself,

17 best 4K games: the must-play titles to punish your PC

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/g...the-best-looking-titles-to-play-in-4k-1296513

Caporegime
Soldato
OP
When Witcher 3 came out, I had Radeon 280X, and for 60fps, I had to turn everything to low.
So I went and ordered GTX970, which let me play in 1080p with most stuff at ultra and some at high at stable 60fps.
When Blood and Wine came out and I wanted to a full replay in 1440p DSR, I went and gotten 1070 for it.
And now finally with RTX2080Ti, I can enjoy 4K DSRed. And even on 1080p plasma, the difference between 1080p/1440p/4K via DSR is clearly visible, particularly in temporal stability and foliage rendering.

Soldato
i completed the main game, never did the DLC. wanted to give it a bit of time before i jumped back into it as I was getting a bit tired and wanted a change.

Are they amazing/as good as the main game? I felt like the main game at times kind of dragged...

I wish i did install a few mods which let me use gear at any level as it made the game really boring, having to wait until i was X level to use an awesome sword I'd crafted 20 levels before... hen by that time the sword is no longer awesome.

Caporegime
Witcher 3 has true 4K textures/texture maps

Want to thank you again for mentioning this. This is the key to what makes 4K gaming so good. Rise of the Tomb Raider is another one that looks amazing because of the high resolution textures. It's a whole new level. Now to seek out some more examples, I think Shadow of Mordor has high res textures, that's next. :p

Associate
i completed the main game, never did the DLC. wanted to give it a bit of time before i jumped back into it as I was getting a bit tired and wanted a change.

Are they amazing/as good as the main game? I felt like the main game at times kind of dragged...

I wish i did install a few mods which let me use gear at any level as it made the game really boring, having to wait until i was X level to use an awesome sword I'd crafted 20 levels before... hen by that time the sword is no longer awesome.

Hearts of Stone is a bit dull but Blood and Wine is amazing and feels like a completely new witcher experience in my opinion.

Associate
as said hearts of stone was ok, but really if you liked the main game blood & wine is a must, starts off with some good humour, bit pythonesque, & the expansion is huge compared to hearts.

Soldato
I didn't enjoy Heart of Stone as much as the main game but the Blood and Wine expansion I though was excellent, even better than the main game in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom