theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
With the Africa map inbound then it looks like I timed it just right, looks like it'll be a nice hunting ground too.

Was on around 90 hours of game play on this until I last played it in March/April.
Coincidentally I decided to fire it up last week and I'm now at over 140 hours, :eek:
Downloaded the new map on Thursday so will most likely put in a good few hours this weekend.

I wish they would sort out the niggling bugs/problems/issues still present like:

Visibility when in ground blinds and hunting structures being on full or next to full.
I don't need them but if they cant be used then whats the point of them being there.:mad:

Also the really poor mouse sensitivity once going into binoculars/rangefinder.

Third world problems I know but annoying when its something that's used constantly and it should be simple to fix

Caporegime
OP
Maybe wanting to avoid the bad PR that might come from having a game where you can hunt those sorts of animals, given the press lately on real life people who hunt those.

its been a very touchy subject for years.many people wanted africa in theHunter classic since it began. i played that for nearly ten years.maybe we will get that with this released just not with elephants and lions.

hunting is a very niche and tricky subject.even if its just pixels.id personally like to hunt the elephants , lions. i also know though if they added them and rhinos the flack they would get would be immense.

Soldato
Maybe wanting to avoid the bad PR that might come from having a game where you can hunt those sorts of animals, given the press lately on real life people who hunt those.
I think the point is, they are quite obviously coming at hunting as a form of conservation/land managment, not trophy hunting. Its made very apparent through the storyline/missions. Quite respectfully so.

I've not put a lot of time into this in recently, I picked it up again for a bit after the hare and 22lr release, I really enjoyed bunny hunting with that pee-shooter its even effective against foxes (havnt had an instant kill though). The goose update didnt really interest me though, bought it and played a couple of games but its been a month since I last played now. Definitely needing new surroundings, really looking forward to the new map.

I'd love to see an update that allows for more long distance shooting, pushing out to ~1000m+, with better optics/Bipods and possibly some more large calibre options(Not entirely necessary as a .338 is more than capable of pushing out to those sorts of distances). But then I suspect we have what we have due to game engine limitations

Caporegime
OP
500m is the max distance at the moment.i think that must be close to the max limit of what can be done without messing with the engine.im fine with that tbh.

some pics i posted yesterday on social media.

Soldato
Whats the point of having a Africa map, if you cant hunt lions, rhino and elephants etc ? just because we could shoot these in the game, not in a million years would i shoot in real life, just like in games like Arma 3 and Squad, i would not kill humans.

Man of Honour
Whats the point of having a Africa map, if you cant hunt lions, rhino and elephants etc ? just because we could shoot these in the game, not in a million years would i shoot in real life, just like in games like Arma 3 and Squad, i would not kill humans.

Didnt you know? According to the mainstream media we gamers are all sociopathic nerds with mental disorders and a deep rooted obsession with death, violence and guns and all just a moment away from going on a killing spree because of too many years of playing violent desensitizing video games

:D

Soldato
Personally, I don't see any difference in hunting any animal for sport or fun, but to not have those animals in a computer game is a little silly. Of course it's OK to kill humans in a game though.

Caporegime
OP
Personally, I don't see any difference in hunting any animal for sport or fun, but to not have those animals in a computer game is a little silly. Of course it's OK to kill humans in a game though.

hunting is a very niche thing. to put it into words. theHunter classic took 5 years of making nothing until it was a success.so you really have to make the correct decisions.in niche games.by adding the 7 animals they adding there is less risk of causing drama.

animals included are

1. Scrub Hares
2. Springbok
3. Side-Striped Jackal
4. Warthogs
5. Lesser Kudu
6. Blue Wildebeest
7. Cape Buffalo

Soldato
Nice, but how on earth can you have a African map without Elephants,Lions,Rhinos etc
From what I can see the animals they do have are reskins of the animals from the other maps with some slight behavior mods in the case of the springbok especially. I'd also like like to see big cats included (Lions & Leopards) but as they don't already have a cat to reskin they either haven't made it to the preview or won't be included. Hippos would also be cool.

Associate
I think i'm going to take the plunge and buy this one, I tend to resub for the original every now and again, but this looks... amazing graphics wise.

Soldato
Seen the video of the animals coming with it, not any of the big 3 people want, not even the top 5, African reserve without Lion, Elephant, Rhino just to name 3 is just stupid, people all over the net saying the same, will still buy it thou, as i like just roaming around the maps.

Back
Top Bottom