***There are jobs here***

Tea Drinker
Don
Wife is struggling to fill this role if anyone is interested. Based near Gatwick

Quality Assurance Lead
DESCRIPTION –
Responsible for supporting process owners in defining and implementing processes and system changes
analysing process improvements to drive efficiencies. Support the local quality management system and
processes. Is an advocate of Quality and promotes the group’s vision and mission while supporting the
goals of the overall business. They work closely with functional teams in areas such as Engineering, Order
fulfilment, Regulatory Affairs, Sales & Marketing, and Manufacturing among others.
RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Work on projects / compliance activities to completion.
• Prepare monthly metrics for their area of expertise / responsibility.
• Analyse process data and trends and drives optimisation / improvement.
• Represent QA organisation in specific processes (e.g. CAPA, Order fulfilment, Manufacturing, etc.)
• Support others in the QA organisation and other functional organisations on technical aspects in
order to drive results.
• Participate in external audits before regulatory authorities.
• Participate in the execution of the internal audit plan.
• Promote and maintain adherence to values.
AUTHORITIES -
• Preparation of audit plans, execution of audits and preparation of audit reports as applicable.
• Issuing and supporting closure of non-compliances.
• Support processes and procedural changes.
• Authorise documents and forms.

RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES -
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software Engineering or Quality Engineering, or a related field or
a formal engineering apprenticeship with demonstrated experience in a similar role
• Training and experience in relevant medical device regulatory requirements and standards (e.g.
ISO13485, ISO14971, ISO 62304, IEC, MDR, QSR, CMDR.)
• Proven experience in relevant areas of Quality, Regulatory, Software Engineering or Engineering,
preferably within a medical device environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively.
• Objective driven and customer focused. Capable of producing results working unsupervised under
own initiative.
• Professional integrity. Able to translate regulations into meaningful business requirements.
• Possess a structured approach to problem solving with an appreciation of quality tools &
techniques.
• Must be an effective team player with the ability to mentor, lead and problem solve to provide
solutions to the business.
• Confident and open personality who is able to communicate effectively, both written and orally
with people at all levels.
• Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines.
• Proven fluency in English and other applicable languages relevant to their specific geographies.
• Quality professional certifications preferred (e.g. CQI, CQMoE, CQA, CQE.)
• Experience in quality improvement tools and techniques is a plus (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, DOE,
Statistical Methods, etc.)
• Travel may be required.

£40-50k pa plus package

Man of Honour
I saw this job advertised at my current place of work and thought someone here might be interested. It's not in my team but I know who runs the area so can probably find out answers to any questions.

It is an Events company (putting on events and shows globally). I have found them a good company to work for, albeit a medium sized one (about 1k staff). The role is London based (Putney/Fulham area) but they are quite work from home friendly.

The Opportunity:

We are currently seeking a proactive, solutions-driven Service Desk Administrator who is eager to dive into PowerBI report development. This dual role will not only include the daily responsibilities of maintaining our service desk operations, but also learning and eventually leading PowerBI report development.

Key Responsibilities:

Manage incoming helpdesk service requests and incidents, providing first and second line support to resolve issues related to PowerBI and Customer Data Platform
Log, categorise, prioritise, and track incidents and service requests in the IT service management system.
Ensure users are provided with timely and efficient updates throughout the life cycle of their incidents or service requests.
Develop and maintain documentation, procedures, and user guides for end-users and IT staff.
Assist in the management and upkeep of the IT asset inventory.
PowerBI Development:

Assist with the creation, maintenance, and improvement of PowerBI reports and dashboards.
Begin to learn and test visualisations in PowerBI supporting the development team
Work with team members to understand departmental needs and to design reports to fit those needs.
Participate in training sessions to build your skill set in PowerBI and other relevant tools or languages.
Requirements

Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:

Experience in IT support or a service desk environment.
Experience with service desk software and IT service management principles.
Familiarity with database structures and principles is advantageous.
Beginner to intermediate skills with PowerBI is desirable or a keen interest to learn.
Strong problem-solving skills, with a logical and methodical approach.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
Relevant IT qualifications, such as a degree in Computer Science or a related field would be advantageous.

Soldato
We've got a number of remote roles in tech, sales and marketing. We're partners of Atlassian, monday.com, gitlab and Slack building products and delivering services in those ecosystems:

Soldato
Wife is struggling to fill this role if anyone is interested. Based near Gatwick

Quality Assurance Lead

£40-50k pa plus package

I think this could be your issue ^^

In the past the quality aspect was seen as a separate functional line right down to the codebase. Now teams take more accountability (depends on team naturally), with the quality aspect falling to the team and any quality becoming a dashboard - thus a dedicated quality role is now further up the org chart which is why I highlight the 40-50K being a little low.

The role also asks a large amount (sigma etc) from what is a salary of 8 years of experience or so in a commuter belt.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is a job going at my company. Been going for just over 2 years. External Investment has exceeded £2.2Million, Projections are looking great. Company has great backing.

Location of office: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Salary range: £28-38k (starting, based on experience)
VERY suitable for a graduate

There is no Link to where to apply just yet, this is the first place I've posted it. However, i'll post it elsewhere soon.
Contact details are at the bottom of the website: https://www.voltvision.live/
Make subject "FAO James - Head of Development"

Role and Responsibilities​

We are looking for an individual who is keen to join an innovative, young company which is growing and developing quickly. The role is for an IoT Software Engineer to work within the Technical Integration team, to deliver key client applications.
  • Work closely with other members of the commercial and technical team
  • Work with client, internal electrical and hardware teams to finalise designs of client’s technical solutions.
  • Member of the Offering Committee – aid in the preparation of technical proposals and solution design in line with customer requirements
  • Research into, source and test off the shelf IIoT hardware for use within our product offering
  • Monitor uptime of systems deployed at client locations
  • Design & create software user interfaces for upcoming IoT projects
  • Support in the creation of back end systems for IoT devices, linking sensors to MQTT data extraction
  • Aid in the development of software alongside the software development team
  • Analyse test data and identify continuous improvement opportunities
  • Propose product modifications, new products and process changes based on tests results
  • Prepare necessary documentations about daily operation activities, customer solutions, products and change request, write reports

Qualifications and Education Requirements​

Degree level qualification relating to Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics etc.
Grade of a 2:1 is desirable.
Or Equivalent experience within industry.

Preferred Skills​

• Thorough understanding of principles of both software and computer engineering
  • Some exposure to programming using Python, C#, JavaScript…
  • An understanding of IIoT Networking Protocols: MQTT, JSON, IEC61850, ModBus etc..
  • Understand what makes a good user experience

Working Hours​

• 35-40 hrs. per week. Working hours can be negotiated alongside salary
  • Be flexible to work outside of these hours in busy periods or during large projects
  • Must be flexible to join meetings with workers within other time zones, from home or office.
  • Hybrid can be negotiated.
  • 25 days holiday/annum

Salary​

Salary is negotiable based on qualifications / experience.

Notes:
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, there may be a position that works for us both.

There is also a DevOps position going for our office in Harwell. Azure based, need IoT Hub experience and Azure Functions knowledge. Basically the role is to look after our Azure infrastructure and develop it going forward. This would be the ONLY DeVops person within the company for at least a year... so great for a lone wolf. 3-2 day split for office / home working. Salary will be competitive in the market based on experience. Its a different dept, so i'm not sure on the actual number.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey all, long shot but if anyone lives in England and is willing to travel to the south east there is a job available, this is the basic job description, please dm me if any interest and I will provide you with contact information to discuss further:

The job description is primarily a marketing role for Quest Cottages and The Grapevine Champagne & Jazz Bar, however, it will also entail some sales skills. My business partner, Peter, owns Quest Cottages, and also co-owns The Grapevine with myself which is why we're including both businesses in the marketing role. There is lots of marketing collaboration to expand on with the two businesses.

The goal for Quest Cottages is to bring more properties onto their website and platforms.

The goal for The Grapevine is to improve brand awareness and online social presence.

A mixture of clever marketing, and passionate salesmanship will be required in order to achieve these goals, especially for Quest Cottages as that is more challenging and results driven. The split between our two businesses will be 80/20, or 4 days per week spent on Quest with 1 day per week spent on The Grapevine.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, I'm happy to help and looking forward to meeting you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom