There's a bug wandering round in my TFT!

Associate
It's just happend to me today :mad:

It was walking around up till about 4 hours ago and now I presume it is dead. Its is really annoying!

Can anyone recommeded anything to get it out?

Heres a picture:

SP_A0004.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
MAllen said:
This hot air probally has an "interesting" fragrance which attracts the flies. This could also explain why they don't end up in all monitors.
No, i'd put it on them being attracted to the heat and light, but thunderflies have the strange ability to get anywhere, like in paintings, clocks, etc. The reason they don't end up in all monitors, is 1. they can't get into crts, and 2. it would depends on the venting and sealing of the TFTs ;).

Associate
last summer...I had arround 10 corn flies inside my monitor...seriously annoying! I guess they all just died and fell to the bottom.
Ive got a different monitor this year....and its coming up to that crop curtting time again...I wonder if I get the same problem??

Soldato
I have a viewsonic vx912 19inch lcd,, and I havent had any bugs in my monitor since ive had it 2 years ago. I dont they can get under the screen of the vx912 lcd??

The main prob I have is fly **** on my lcd in the summer

Soldato
I've got a couple of the little buggers behind the screen of my 18" LG1811s as well - well annoying! One's definately dead and the others wandering around investigating everything on the desktop.

Has anyone found a way to remove these yet? I tried to take the bezel off earlier today to see if there was a way to extract them. In the process, something went amiss and the lcd subsequently refused to turn back on! "Bugger, bust it" i though. After plenty of swearing and faffing about off i went and ordered a Viewsonic 19" VP930! Another bout of faffing about after work and it turns out it must be the fuse in the plug as plugging in a different kettle-lead fixed the problem with the LG! Ah well, 'bout time I treated myself....

Anyway, any ideas on bug removal?

Soldato
speedy2004 said:
I have a viewsonic vx912 19inch lcd,, and I havent had any bugs in my monitor since ive had it 2 years ago. I dont they can get under the screen of the vx912 lcd??

yes they can get under, i got the 19inch version and i had like 3 under mine :mad:

Associate
well it obviously wont happen to crt owners as a result of the electro-magnetism process that guides the electrons to the screen pixels, flies will go near it and go all wierd and mental and wont know whats going on so they'll fly off cos they dont like it.

oh yea and the fact that its a sealed tube inside the crt.

Soldato
taz488 said:
well it obviously wont happen to crt owners as a result of the electro-magnetism process that guides the electrons to the screen pixels, flies will go near it and go all wierd and mental and wont know whats going on so they'll fly off cos they dont like it.

dude shut up :p you know to much

Soldato
taz488 said:

yer as you said in the last line, its an evacuated tube ;).

Soldato
im joining this club, i have one in my samsung 19" flat screen, dont knwo what kind of fly it is, tiny bugger though. strange 1st time as you go to knock it off the monitor and it dont shift.

Associate
I predict a new line of "guaranteed anti-bug TFT screens" will be hitting the market soon to take advantage of you poor chaps! ;) Seems like a good market niche! Joking aside, it must be a really annoying problem. Hope my TFT doesn't get any of the annoying things inside. :(

Associate
It is seriously frustrating when this happens, I had one appear in my 26" Samsung HDTV, which I also use as my monitor, just a couple of days ago. Thought it was dead at first as it didn't move for ages, and I got so angry as it was right in the middle and I've only had the screen a couple of months.

But I came back after going to get a drink and it was gone, so either it got out of there sharpish or it died and fell to the bottom. :D

Incidentally, does anyone know why they are so attracted to monitors? Does it help to always have the light on when gaming etc so they aren't so attracted to the light, or is it simply the heat that they flock to?

Soldato
AshM said:
But I came back after going to get a drink and it was gone, so either it got out of there sharpish or it died and fell to the bottom. :D

Incidentally, does anyone know why they are so attracted to monitors? Does it help to always have the light on when gaming etc so they aren't so attracted to the light, or is it simply the heat that they flock to?
I can only assume it's both the light and the heat generated by the tft. My 4 dead thunder flies have mysteriously become only 1 today so pretty happy! I reckon when they die they slowly begin to loose grip on the screen and eventually fall off to the bottom of the bezel. Gonna do a search of 'tinterweb to see if there's anything that repels the little buggers - hopefully stop this happening again when the hot weather returns....

Back
Top Bottom