There's a bug wandering round in my TFT!

Soldato
They are normally small storn flies. I am actually having my 2005fpw monitor replaced under warranty as I argued it should be sealed/protected to stop this occuring. They agreed and im now recieving a 2007wfp in return :D

I had this with my old Hercules 920 Pro 17" monitor, this was out of warranty and I was able to open it up and wipe the little fly off the layer of glass.

Caporegime
OP
Adam said:
They are normally small storn flies. I am actually having my 2005fpw monitor replaced under warranty as I argued it should be sealed/protected to stop this occuring. They agreed and im now recieving a 2007wfp in return :D

You did very well to convince them of that, impressive :D

Soldato
I am pleased with the 2005fpw to 2007wfp swap, that was a nice bonus. They had no problem at all replacing the 2005fpw under warranty due to the insect, he said they have a lot returned.

I watched my little insect friend walk around for about an hour before he died right in the middle of my screen :mad: Very annoying, if I hadn't bought the monitor 3 months ago I would have taken it apart and removed it myself.

Soldato
ChoÞÞer said:
and i am gettin FREE tomorrow... 22" :D crt :( :mad:
Talking of free crts, one of the teachers at school found a 22" iiyama in the local tip while binning some stuff. Not only was it working, but it was only a few months old so he was smiling his ass off all week.

Soldato
Black Dog said:
I always have my monitor covered up when not using it for this very reason ;)
At a guess they're attracted mainly to the light, possibly the heat, so having the monitor covered up when you're not using it is a pointless exercise ;).

Permabanned
:p Yes I believe it is mainly due to the light the bugs which fly the ones which get attracted to light a lot on my monitor, but not inside ;)

1000th post! :) - When does the picture change? hehe

Soldato
sjohal2006 said:
:p Yes I believe it is mainly due to the light the bugs which fly the ones which get attracted to light a lot on my monitor, but not inside ;)

1000th post! :) - When does the picture change? hehe
When you can put a sentence together ;).

Associate
At a guess they're attracted mainly to the light, possibly the heat, so having the monitor covered up when you're not using it is a pointless exercise

That's true but those thunder flies are everywhere in this hot weather and they were all over my cover, they would have got inside otherwise + I haven't got any in my monitor.

It's to much of a coinsidence that so may people are getting small bugs in thier monitors while the weathers hot ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Black Dog said:
I get the odd bug now and again in my room but during the hot days there are hundreds of those black thunder flies which most people are talking about.
Well yeh, it's because they survive better in higher temperatures. ;)

Back
Top Bottom