TheSkyNet news thread - 10/10/11

Soldato
Mine hasnt moved much either, our Aussie friends are sleeping at the moment but it wont be long.
They may have encountered a few issues after this mornings scheduled outage.
Just stick your cpu on another project for about 10 hours, hopefully things will be ok by then.

DC Project rule number 2 - always have a backup project, 2 even :)

Soldato
OP
The whole team hasn't gained any points since this morning stats grap! :eek: (was around 12 today :o )
Was loads of work late this morning - cpu was at +75% load constantly, and network activity was constant.

looking for some answers on the main forum and found this post (from yesterday) on a different matter...

5601: The number of active accounts currently signed up to theSkyNet

245: The number of GIGABYTES of processed data you have all uploaded back to us

37: The number of TERABYTES of raw data you have processed in total!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Here the offical reply - looks as if a few users had even more problems that us.

I would guess that the website server upgrade introduced a few wrinkles with displaying stats. The back end should still be ticking over, recording processing contributions and credits. Just the display of credits and other stats aren't being updated on the website.

Thanks Mick and thanks to everyone else for your patience. As you've guessed due to the server upgrades we did late yesterday (Perth time) we've experienced a few issues a few issues. Specifically these related to some people not being able to log in to forums, some not being able to log in to the website at all and credits coming to a halt for all. The first two have been resolved and we're working on getting credits flowing again asap, it's a global issue affecting all users so fingers crossed it's not long before they start moving again. I'll post a message in this thread once I have conformation all is well again.

Soldato
Assuming they are working office hours I hope they manage to sort things within the next hour else it will be Monday :(

Edit: 10:29 Just gained 60 points :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ah awesome, I did stop it last night so didnt tick all last night and just gave all prio to BOINC due to these issues, have just started the web app again :)

Permabanned
Yeah noticed mine went down to 0 as well, btw i only have 152 credits so far. Even with the issues that is a few days work, am i doing something wrong. How many instances of the web app are you running?

Soldato
It depends on outages and other factors, bear in mind that my pc's are running boinc projects as well, generally anything between 4 and 10.

Wait till its back up and we will see if you have a problem, your probably fine, time to rack up some points on other projects you recently joined :)

Associate
As a comparison Colasanto I run 10 instances (around 8700 MIPS shown), for about 12-14 hours a day and will normally get 500-600 credits in that time.

Permabanned
As a comparison Colasanto I run 10 instances (around 8700 MIPS shown), for about 12-14 hours a day and will normally get 500-600 credits in that time.

Ah yeah, explains it :p I'm only running 1 at the moment, If i have BOINC at 100% CPU and Usage, i'm pulling 70c+ and 85-90w of power easily on 4.6ghz 2500k.

With CUDA using 90-100% of my GPU which stays around 80c (60% fan)

May need to clean my PC out and tidy some cables up, as when I was out the other night and left everything on at 100%, core #3 got to 87c (closed room with window closed), with my overheat protection at 93c to make the PC sleep

Just gotta learn the balance of whats good to donate and how many credits per day is good. However that comparison is great help and will most likely push me to have more instances of skynet
EDIT: Yeah halz my PC is never off either, however folding has down time when i play games, video edit or whatever else etc.
EDIT2: Here it is now, working: http://i.imgur.com/nHVNc.jpg - and i can honestly feel myself warm up with the PC, making my room feel crispy warm lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom