TheSkyNet news thread - 10/10/11

Soldato
I'm still hoping some of the admin team will go in Saturday morning, they are very keen, guess I will find out in the next 8 hours or so.............fingers crossed.

Server upgrades already, its only been 2 weeks :eek::D

Soldato
No wait ...................I can feel a pulse, its faint but its there :p

I knew they would go in Saturday, stars they are :)

Edit:10:00 All is good :)..............but at the cost of milkyway, which has gone down :rolleyes:

Edit:10:52 Now milkyway's back too, up down up .........LOL

Edit:12:10 The 'Machines on line now' figure keeps dropping to zero, we could have a problem.

One more thing, a warning to all in positions 1 to 10, ReaVer's coming :eek:

I thought I would monitor the teams output for a few hours, half of the team appear to be sleeping.....how dare they :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
I haven't hardly touched skynet past few days due to the problems and just let milkyway and the likes go full steam ahead. however i've just started up the web app now to see if i see signs of life :p

Soldato
I have just put a tiffy together, as shown (quality and size reduced)

COLOR]

Now it's not possible for Beserker to import stats at this time, hopefully at some point it will be possible (hint hint Ageotas)
So for the time being I'm willing to issue them out at 10,000 point intervals but I would be happy to share this job with shadowscotland as I can see this becoming a bit of a burden.

Let me know what you think, good or bad, no worries ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've mananged to get this working now, with the web app at least. I tried the background application but after installing it nothing seems to happen :/ It does use a lot of memory though, may have to just run 3 or 4 instances until i get round to putting my other 4gb back in.

Soldato
Your not looking to shabby Phil ...

nDvYx.png

Edit: The numbers in green are over 3 hours not per hour, my bad :rolleyes:

Go DavidCopeman :eek:

And on the team front things look good too :)

7Fa1I.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing games all day so its been off, sorry for the slack! It'll pick up when i sleep :p

Best not tell folk around these parts that, better if you would have said hardware failure due to an extreme overclock
or better still your house caught fire.
You will get a lot more respect for that, no worries, with a bit of luck nobody will spot it ;):p

Soldato
OP
Welcome to the team PhilthyPhil. added you to the news stats grap.
So come monday you can trace your stomp-a-thon over half the team :)

And some nice tables there halz - quiet weekend? :D
I'm not sure we need the tiffy's, especially if the uni get funny about logo use :(
But happy to share the image editing if we do go ahead.

I'm guessing stats/tiffy's are on theSkyNets to do list (hopefully top 5) after de-buging.
So we'll only need our own for a few weeks at most (hopefully)

As for gaming - I've been playing games all day too!
Most involve my 5 year old and the garden, but still :D

Soldato
Was the project down overnight? When I got up the dashboard showed 0 machines online, after a couple of hours i closed all the web apps and opened them again which got it working. It seems some of them still drop out though. I should have 14 but dashboard only shows 11.

Soldato
Not much work during the night but I have had plenty this morning.
I have experienced that issue as well, usually after the session window
has been open for a couple of days, best to re open them daily to be sure I think.
My pc's dont always have work at the same time, at least from what I have noticed anyway.

Soldato
I have identified the apps that aren't doing anything by looking at which instances of java have little cpu or memory usage then killing that process and looking for the window which has lost the nereus client and restarting it. It is a rather crude process but it seems to be work so far :)

Permabanned
Mine did that last night two...

Also 14 instances of the app? Thats 7gig of ram, what set up are you using for skynet? lol
EDIT: Whos in charge of the OCUK team website btw? Hasnt updated in nearly a week

Back
Top Bottom