Thinking of selling...

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Well looking at my car, it seems the water leaks typically take the garages mutliple attempts to fix, as there are a number of 'bad' spots for water leaks on the Leon. They'll also try and make me get the carpets changed. It looks like it could cost in the region of £500 :(

Reckon WillGill put $10 to a charity if I buy a 330 too? :D

Man of Honour
Steve said:
A set of OEM discs are £750, tyres are around £1000

Surely if the car is on the standard 18's they are the same tyre size as the 18's on the E39's (265/35/18 rear and 225/40/18 front I think) and thus you can get a full set of premium tyres for £600.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Surely if the car is on the standard 18's they are the same tyre size as the 18's on the E39's (265/35/18 rear and 225/40/18 front I think) and thus you can get a full set of premium tyres for £600.
£600? I got the Toyo Proxes on my 18" Superleggeras for about £100 a corner.

Speaking of which it seems I can get a kit to allow me to put my VW- Audi PCD Superleggeras on any BMW I might purchase so it will look something like this :)

coupe.jpg

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Well small update...Went a cleaned the Cupra today and picked up what I thought was a leaf from the driver's carpet... it was actually a mushroom growing :eek: :eek: So yeah I have a problem....

My sister's boyfreind is looking at selling his black 03 reg Cupra R with 35000 miles on it. He wants around £10K for it. I reckon I'll get this instead as it will work out cheaper than buying a BMW with double the miles on it.

Man of Honour
Bes said:
£600? I got the Toyo Proxes on my 18" Superleggeras for about £100 a corner.

The BMW OEM 18" alloys have wider rear tyres which are approximately £140 each. The front tyres are £120 each for a quality tyre.

So just over 500 quid, not 600 quid, but even so.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
The BMW OEM 18" alloys have wider rear tyres which are approximately £140 each. The front tyres are £120 each for a quality tyre.

So just over 500 quid, not 600 quid, but even so.

My current set of tires (on OEMs) cost a smidge over £600.

Soldato
Bes said:
Well small update...Went a cleaned the Cupra today and picked up what I thought was a leaf from the driver's carpet... it was actually a mushroom growing :eek: :eek: So yeah I have a problem....

My sister's boyfreind is looking at selling his black 03 reg Cupra R with 35000 miles on it. He wants around £10K for it. I reckon I'll get this instead as it will work out cheaper than buying a BMW with double the miles on it.

It's up to you

Personally I don't think that it's a huge upgrade from a Cupra to a Cupra R - you'll notice a far bigger upgrade with a 330 :)

BMWs should take miles in their stride

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
It's up to you

Personally I don't think that it's a huge upgrade from a Cupra to a Cupra R - you'll notice a far bigger upgrade with a 330 :)

BMWs should take miles in their stride
You're right it's not but its a hell of a lot cheaper considering I'm only doing it cause my car seems to be causing me too much grief....

Man of Honour
Bes said:
You're right it's not but its a hell of a lot cheaper considering I'm only doing it cause my car seems to be causing me too much grief....

.... your car causes you grief so you are keen to rush out and replace it with another one virtually exactly the same?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
.... your car causes you grief so you are keen to rush out and replace it with another one virtually exactly the same?
Mines a one- off, Fox ;) Occasionally someone gets a bad egg, and this time it was me!

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Also due to the nature of my job, I go through periods where I spend time out of the UK. I like to have something nice to drive whilst I am here, but I don't want it to cost too much if I'm only going to roll up 7,000 or so miles per year. Therefore, spending around the £10K mark as opposed to the 13K area suits me well I think.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Replicant said:
7K is a decent amount of mileage, might as well get anything really, perhaps a 330ci sport at around 13K.
I do really like the 330(c)i, Its more the fact I don't wanna fork another £6,000 out for something I might only use 7-8 months of the year. Whilst I cannot keep my car (as its probably gonna rot from the damp unless I fork out £500 in repairs!) any 330 I buy is going to be an unknown quantity whereas I could simply upgrade to an LCR (which I know has been trouble free and is in warranty) at half the cost and already- expended mileage. I can then put that £3K towards getting an //M in a few years.

Does this not seem sensible?

Back
Top Bottom