This Business and Moment...

Associate
It turns out they didn't put me forward due to the fact they wouldn't be able to replace me quick enough. Which is what I alluded to above. I'm not sure if there is any point responding, it's left a distinct sour taste in my mouth and truth be told I think I'm never going to move on in this company due to the fact of the role I occupy.

Piece of advice an old manager gave me was to always have some one waiting in the wings to take your role to make it easier to promote you or give you the big project when it comes up

Commissario
@subbytna order arrived, nice bit of kit! Just need to work on the order confirmation side of things and the 'View your order' link takes me to that same sparse white page. Also maybe a despatch confirmation email with tracking details?

Soldato
OP
That house loooks like it could be excellent. Get yourself in the Home and Garden forum if you do go for it!. Love that a wine cellar is high up on the list of requirements!

We have a list of things to try and make sure before we can do anything, but the mayor has told us so far it's not protected, so we can renovate as we like (we thought being from 1750 it might be!) and the plot is actually much bigger but goes right back behind, but that is woodland and those trees are protected and needs mayor sign off to change anything there (we'd love a pool and garden!)
Going back Thursday, then need to get a structural engineer to give us a report.

I will post in home and garden if we manage to move forward, but of course I got carried away...

Not to scale but you get the idea...

r9Bs5jq.png

Anyway, back to business stuff... still hate my contract but spent all morning looking at house stuff so you know. Waiting on people to come back from holiday before pushing out some last changes on VolAir but have everyone itching to release it now. Actually really excited about that one.

Soldato
@subbytna order arrived, nice bit of kit! Just need to work on the order confirmation side of things and the 'View your order' link takes me to that same sparse white page. Also maybe a despatch confirmation email with tracking details?

Nice one, I thought I'd sent you the tracking info in a dispatched email? I'll have a look again. Enjoy the Haribo

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get on the ball tonight and do a few test orders, just in case there's a gremlin in there.

Caporegime
house snip.

Soooo you've got my email for an invite to share a bottle of red or 2, right? :D

Looks like it'll be epic. Best of luck to you :)

My side there is more movement already, shocking how quick things move here. Especially compared to the UK. By the end of the week I am hoping to have the mortgage in principle in place and buy/sell promise contract (which is basically the initial contract involving both parties that I intend to buy and current owner intends to sell and we agreed a price) in place also as then the next step after that takes a week or 2 to get an evaluator out from the bank which it would be nice to be waiting on that whilst I am in Seattle as there is nothing else I can do at that point.

Commissario
Nice one, I thought I'd sent you the tracking info in a dispatched email? I'll have a look again. Enjoy the Haribo

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get on the ball tonight and do a few test orders, just in case there's a gremlin in there.
I had a shipping update email, but again that was just to the fairly blank white page saying thanks for the order etc!

Thanks for the Haribo, nice touch :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Had an email this morning for a Skype interview later on today for an internal promotion, so just swatting up on that today.

Also found out that I'd qualify for the 30% ruling on a job in Amsterdam (see my thread if you're interested), so that's nice.

I really want to nail the skype call later and give myself options... I've also got 4 other internal job applications on the boil, so February is going to be interesting.

Commissario
My contract is due to end next month, there's been talk of an extension but not heard anything yet. Not sure I'd want to extend anyway, not exactly been the most exciting place to work!

Soldato
I had a shipping update email, but again that was just to the fairly blank white page saying thanks for the order etc!

Thanks for the Haribo, nice touch

You wouldn't do me a favour, could you forward that email on to me [email protected] ?

Just so I can see it properly. It's automatically generated when the order is fulfilled so I don't see the email. It'll help let me tweak it if I know what to change, from what it looks like.

Only if you have time, don't worry too much about it.

Commissario
You wouldn't do me a favour, could you forward that email on to me [email protected] ?

Just so I can see it properly. It's automatically generated when the order is fulfilled so I don't see the email. It'll help let me tweak it if I know what to change, from what it looks like.

Only if you have time, don't worry too much about it.
All done mate :)

Soldato
Got this today from a new customer. Delighted :D Hard work ensuring we have the best service, is paying off.

DyqUPxoX0AYDuM-.jpg:large

Caporegime
Had an email this morning for a Skype interview later on today for an internal promotion, so just swatting up on that today.

Also found out that I'd qualify for the 30% ruling on a job in Amsterdam (see my thread if you're interested), so that's nice.

I really want to nail the skype call later and give myself options... I've also got 4 other internal job applications on the boil, so February is going to be interesting.

Nice one! Always good to have a few options on the table :)

Got this today from a new customer. Delighted :D Hard work ensuring we have the best service, is paying off.

DyqUPxoX0AYDuM-.jpg:large

LOL you borrowed the free Haribo idea from OCUK? :D

Soldato
First post in this thread, so be gentle :D

I've been having a few interviews over the past few weeks, at 2nd/3rd line level IT support roles, been in my current role just under a year (5 years total in 1st/2nd line with 2x MSP's) and to give you some idea of the company I'm at, on acceptance of my job offer I got in writing in the offer letter and contract that I'd get a pay review after 6 months - not a pay rise, just a review. I'm now 8 weeks away from being there a year and this is yet to happen. I've been told it'll be March now before I get a review. Probably to be told I'm not getting a rise.

So, I haven't applied for anything since before Christmas but my phone has literally been ringing non-stop since I the new year, averaging 1-2 calls every day. Had 2 interviews this afternoon which could not have been more different. The 2nd was a big, big no for me - from the first impression, hell even the car park and the office location, which was then confirmed by the interviewer telling me stuff which really didn't help their cause!! :rolleyes::p

However, the 1st interview this afternoon... oh god please let me get this job. It's (as far as I can tell...) perfect and EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Large company (600 people) but in a small office of 30-40 people, proper server level support, no end users to deal with, a massive infrastructure vs my current place (1000+ VM's vs 10 servers in our own data centre and numerous customer servers which have been adopted by us), nice new offices with brilliant facilities and numerous other companies in the same building, a 3 mile commute, good money - around a 30% pay increase if I get what I'd want, but tbh I'd drop a couple of grand from my perfect salary without a second thought to secure the role which would still be a 20-25% increase. No commuting increase costs either as I'm doing a 2 mile commute as it is.

Even the glassdoor review rating is at 4.3/5 which is the highest I've seen for a while, and the people there have been there for years (12+ years, 4+ years) which points to it being a very good company to work for.

The role is a little bit of a push for me and there's some areas where I have gaps and would need to learn a lot of stuff (which was covered in the interview), but they were aware of this. I think the interview went really well, met with the manager and 2 of the guys in the team afterwards, did a technical questionnaire and I'm pretty certain I did very well on that too... And it looks like there's only one other candidate in the running.

I hate the waiting after and it being completely out of your hands, that feeling afterwards of 'could I have done that better' and 'I should have mentioned that, dammit!'. Just have to wait now and keep everything crossed!!

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

So I'm still waiting to hear on a final decision - I got some feedback on Thursday last week (had the interview Tuesday) which was all good - really likeable person, I 'speak their language', I'd be a really good fit, and the gaps in my knowledge weren't an issue. They had one more person to interview on Monday (Yesterday), and they also interviewed someone else the same day as me, judging by the feedback they're not in the running. Fast forward to today, I get a call from the recruiter about another ole and he mentions that they come back to him apologise that they've not made a decision today but they should be making one tomorrow, the recruiter said on Monday that he should hear that day or today.

Basically, it's down to me or the other person they interviewed yesterday, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see! I'll be really disappointed if I don't get it, and coming in 2nd would make it worse as you just know it was very very close and it's gone one way or the other down to some small factor. They're a company of about 500+ people so why not just employ us both if it's that close?! :D:p

Soldato
Notice handed in this morning, last day 1 March. Start the new job 4 March. Wanted to work right up till the end because I've got a full holiday allowance left (pro rata from July) so that should make a nice little bonus in the last pay packet :D and I've got a few clients whose matters should get finished around that time and I'd prefer not to hand them over to the impending **** storm

Also got a lodger moving in at the weekend so after that, the new job and fuel savings I'm going to be ridiculously better off :p

Back
Top Bottom