This Business and Moment...

Man of Honour
If you were getting close to 300k after tax inside IR35 (over 500k a year) it seems a massive step down to be in a role paying under £100k even assuming there is bonus, pension etc on top. I mean that must be something like a 2k day rate and now under £0.5k. I switched from contract to perm but I was earning nowhere close to that as a contractor but more as a perm.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you were getting close to 300k after tax inside IR35 (over 500k a year) it seems a massive step down to be in a role paying under £100k even assuming there is bonus, pension etc on top. I mean that must be something like a 2k day rate and now under £0.5k. I switched from contract to perm but I was earning nowhere close to that as a contractor but more as a perm.

It was a simple 6 months C-level contract. Remit was one line - fix it and do whatever you feel is needed. Yes there's some benefits on top of the FTE - one of which is an easy life (I feel the irony here). I don't work 17 hour days now for example.

I also do it because of the challenge rather than the money. Not many places have the challenge like this, the irrational is the irritation.

If you wonder what I do currently.. I'm the "product owner" for AWS for 5 international public companies. I get the feeling that Monday will see me kickstart the product teams for Azure. PO is probably a little misuse of the title.

Back
Top Bottom