This Business and Moment...

Woohoo, after complaining i've finally got a new laptop. Unsure what the issue was with the old one, but it was just painfully slow. Taking ages between actions in Excel etc. Initially IT wouldn't replace as it's not due until March 2025 but after multiple back and forths the new one arrived yesterday :)

Forgot the pain of setting it up as there's quite a bit of software needed and we're responsible for that ourselves (small one off things like Excel Add-ins or VPN's managed by external entities).

I remember my old IBM (pre-lenovo) Thinkpad.. it was perfect being a miniature laptop that could sit and work on an airline seat tray. It even had side bits so the screen that engaged when closed so the screen didn't break off if it was knocked. It lasted a while too on battery but over time it seemed to get slower and slower. The replacement was a Lenovo and didn't have the same magic even with it being faster.

That's what has delayed next weeks final stage so much... EMEA General Manager / SVP wants to be the final decision maker for some reason and he was on a long vacation... I have been sitting waiting for over 3 weeks now on the final stage.
Well, verbal offer made and agreed on the role I want to take so that's a relief... just waiting on paperwork now (damn you bank holiday). I need to continue forward with the other interviews now though as I'm not cancelling until I put pen to paper which is annoying.

I've got a few interviews lined up. Lesser paying roles but more interesting work. If I am successful going to have to tighten the old belt a little! Sucks being the main earner. :(

Back
Top Bottom