This Business and Moment...

I've been building out the pharma shipping tool, which was something that I said that my employer should have built years ago, when I was on that project, but instead they went with a big company off the shelf but customized to their needs. Who then of course failed after spending 6m of their money.

What are you coding this tool in?

Dropping 6M and getting nothing is shocking. This would have been enough to build it in house.

Dropping 6M and getting nothing is shocking. This would have been enough to build it in house.
haha yea, it really is... they strung them out 3yrs for that, too. Stupid thing with them, is that they always choose to "buy" because they think it will be more scalable and less technical debt, but really they're just idiots.

We're building it on a MS power apps base tbf. Which allows us to easily integrate with all their stuff and generate customs documents needed, based on whatever material type they are shipping. It's a really nice solution we've created to be fair. Also means you can easily deploy it to all people as well and even run it through everyone's Teams if needed.

Meeting my old recruitment agency again soon, too. Met with one of the owners last week and they want to do some stuff better than keyword searching and I was like oo I think we could build something really interesting for that. So that's coming up, too. We'll chuck something like that into the mix.

Over beers we also chatted about a really simple solution for product management. As simple as like a trello in terms of it's usability and simplicity, but covers things like capacity / resource / skill management, so you can see what things you'd lack / need / etc by moving resources around in product teams, or deciding to do X thing over Y.
Their background is building project management solutions, but these days there is so much product stuff, and the one who sold his company can't release a project management product until Dec 2025, but nothing about product related ones ha

I have a ton of stuff being juggled at the moment, but as long as I can do it all while I'm on the move and wherever I am at that time, I really don't mind. I love this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom