This Business and Moment...

Soldato
OP
Angelist.co is where I've found the most. The 2 trial guys are now in Slack, contracts signed, NDAs signed etc. One is Romanian and the other Turkish. Both have some skills. The more senior dude is really good, used to be CTO for another start up. Need to find out where he'll fit in the org and what level.

On project holomua, I've knocked up some wireframes to get to a design agency, so I can get the UI designed quickly, so I can do a mock "demo" of the product.

Soldato
Have my Police final interview today. Not sure if excited, nervous or dreading it!!

Initially applied last May so it has take some time to get to this stage and our lives have been on hold a little bit so just want to get this over and done with and then we can move on with the next life plan!

Man of Honour
I'm still getting used to having a part time PA. Not dedicated to me as I'm not on the exec, but looks after my diary, travel and meetings. Though it seems I have 2 women running my life now! :D

Have my Police final interview today. Not sure if excited, nervous or dreading it!!

Initially applied last May so it has take some time to get to this stage and our lives have been on hold a little bit so just want to get this over and done with and then we can move on with the next life plan!

All the best dude!

Soldato
Tough times ahead. Can't really go into it much because it will involve legals but we've got a good case to fight it, many allies and the data to prove we are in the right (even their data shows we're right but they tried to sweep over it). Just a case of trying to make the most of the bad publicity before they try to bury their heads in the sand.

Soldato
Forgot to update those in this thread...left the interview at around 6.30pm...found out Thursday morning around 10am that they would like to congratulate me on the new offer of being a police officer! Was a great start to the Easter weekend for sure.

Underboss
Congratz GinG, after waiting that long I hope it's everything you want it to be.

Applied for a new position in London, similar to what I am doing now but for a much more glamorous dept - only a secondment for 3 years but a chance to get perm should I excel.

The Location Allowance covers the cost of a season ticket (£3500) but can I really be doing with the London Commute, I'm only 30 so still young enough to be able to pull it off with family life but it would mean walk to station>train>walk to work and then the reverse. That as such doesn't bother me and the hours are only 36hpw but it's just that commute on the train I'm not sure of, I've travelled up on odd occasions for briefings and it was just depressing, it's only 40/45min though. Will have to weigh it up should I get short listed, which I am hoping to be as it's a carbon copy of my current role but for a different dept.

The position would be very good, an amazing opportunity and great profile for future applications if I can't get perm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks guys, both parents are/was in the force so going in with my eyes fully open. Just don't have a start date as yet so will be waiting anxiously to make the phone call to the bosses to drop the news about an incoming reference!

Initial dates given - possibly September...maybe later. Already struggling to motivate myself at work today so god help me!!!!

JOSH - It all depends on your priorities, and if you are happy to do that for short term pain but long term gain. I am joining the police with a paycut/package of around 30 - 40% but I am looking forward for the challenging but rewarding career.

Soldato
Congrats guys on the new positions. Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth. Less pay but a more interesting and rewarding career long term.

I went through a similar thing 5 months ago. Took a pay cut for a better career.

Was on a 6 months probation period but had a meeting with the MD the other week and he increased my salary. So a pay cut might not be for long.

Caporegime
Lovely Java and javascript web apps.

Thanks. :)

Got my start date today, 20th Feb. :)

Really enjoying my new job. :)

Though I have only worked 26 out of a possible 45 days due to holiday etc but it's very enjoyable.

I've just ran an SQL query which has taken 4 hours and gone from 19409 errors down to 4611. Albeit completely different types of errors but still. :D :D

Associate
Really enjoying my new job. :)

Though I have only worked 26 out of a possible 45 days due to holiday etc but it's very enjoyable.

I've just ran an SQL query which has taken 4 hours and gone from 19409 errors down to 4611. Albeit completely different types of errors but still. :D :D

What single query is taking 4 hours to run!? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom