This Business and Moment...

Soldato
Just 4 months? Unless you're really unhappy where you are I'd stick it out. Changing that soon into a job will potentially put future employers off.

That's my only concern. I'm going to put the application in anyway, just to test the water and as an excuse to update the CV, I can always withdraw if I'm offered the interview but decide it's not worth the risk.

Soldato
OP
In between trying to firefight pretty much everything right now (man, I could cry sometimes lol) I think we have a couple of good leads coming in for emotuit so plugging away still. Our developer had a motorbike accident so ****** himself up and was out, and so Sean had to sort **** out and get stuff done. We had/ve a sales person, who realised that it's going to take a lot of calls to generate leads (no ****) so now can't commit to anything until Oct. So I'm back to hammering leads, while trying to recruit a new infra person, as well as another data person. We have 2 people in the pot though on it.
Oh, and M$ bizspark sub runs out in 10 days and I can't afford to pay the 3k it'll cost to spin up everything, so need to try and work that out somehow... hence the crying.

To take my mind off everything I have been trying to ride more (proper fat **** now, since I've not ridden for months now and eaten/drank loads) so want to look after myself a bit more. Also been painting some more, too. www.instagram.com/rosco.studios it's a nice head clearer sometimes.

I was also bored in the office on Monday so built this: https://rickandmort.me/ cost me 2.50 for the domain, and I have a month free on shopify, so virtually free at the moment. Built a quick FB page for it and automated as much as I can at the moment www.facebook.com/rickandmortme

How's everyone doing?

Caporegime
In between trying to firefight pretty much everything right now (man, I could cry sometimes lol) I think we have a couple of good leads coming in for emotuit so plugging away still. Our developer had a motorbike accident so ****** himself up and was out, and so Sean had to sort **** out and get stuff done. We had/ve a sales person, who realised that it's going to take a lot of calls to generate leads (no ****) so now can't commit to anything until Oct. So I'm back to hammering leads, while trying to recruit a new infra person, as well as another data person. We have 2 people in the pot though on it.
Oh, and M$ bizspark sub runs out in 10 days and I can't afford to pay the 3k it'll cost to spin up everything, so need to try and work that out somehow... hence the crying.

To take my mind off everything I have been trying to ride more (proper fat **** now, since I've not ridden for months now and eaten/drank loads) so want to look after myself a bit more. Also been painting some more, too. www.instagram.com/rosco.studios it's a nice head clearer sometimes.

I was also bored in the office on Monday so built this: https://rickandmort.me/ cost me 2.50 for the domain, and I have a month free on shopify, so virtually free at the moment. Built a quick FB page for it and automated as much as I can at the moment www.facebook.com/rickandmortme

How's everyone doing?

I swear I've seen this somewhere..... Is this new?

On another note, I've seen a job pop up, no idea if I should remotely look at it, same pay but more benefits, technically closer to home (only by a bit).... Just don't know if I'd be moving from one place to another only to get depressed again

Soldato
OP
I swear I've seen this somewhere..... Is this new?

On another note, I've seen a job pop up, no idea if I should remotely look at it, same pay but more benefits, technically closer to home (only by a bit).... Just don't know if I'd be moving from one place to another only to get depressed again
Why not look at it? Are you happy where you are? What is lost in looking? Find out more and if you don't like it, do nothing.

"The key to change... is to let go of fear."

Caporegime
Is what new?

The comic, I recognise the style that's all.

Why not look at it? Are you happy where you are? What is lost in looking? Find out more and if you don't like it, do nothing.

"The key to change... is to let go of fear."

True enough, just I moved sideways last time and while I've learned some extra stuff it's not really made that much of a difference to my overall skill set, although it probably has.

Happy? Wouldn't say I'm happy, I'm struggling.

Caporegime
Depends how much space you need, think I got a desk for £35 last time I was there for my PC

For my working space I don't need that much room yet. Just room for a 15" laptop and an external monitor, around 25" wide screen is fine, along with a keyboard & mouse. But we're trying to find a solution to two problems. We need more storage space and somewhere for me to work from. So something like Ross has setup which has lots of draws means space to store stuff! And somewhere for me to work!

But we're using that as a bit of inspiration and going down to have a look and see whats available. Probably also buying a MARKUS as well :p

Caporegime
I also don't want to spend huge money, as this is temporary until we move in a year or two and I have a proper office then. So we need to find a balance some how.

Wall storage I hadn't considered...thanks.

We've also thought about those cubes that IKEA do which can be decorative but they're full of stuff! :D

Soldato
[QUOTE="randomshenans, post: 31043780, member: 87342"

apparently I'm supposed to clean and do all the house jobs as well as work from home according to my wife! [/QUOTE]

Welcome to my world - Wife expects cleaning/washing/food shopping etc to be done, all whilst working full time self employed from home......

Caporegime
Been there. Typical conversation!

Wife "Oh can you do the laundry as you're at home today"
Me "But I am working, I'll try and do it at lunch time"
Wife "but can't you just, y'know, quickly do it when you have 5 minutes"
Me "I'll see what I can do"

*wife comes home after work*

Wife "You didn't do the laundry? the bed isn't made? What about cleaning the kitchen"

*me returns with a face showing a lot of exhaustion and stress after a crazy day*

Wife "ah...one of those was it?"

:D

Granted, if its a quiet day then yes when I get up to make a coffee I will throw the clothes in the machine and wash the odd dish etc but sometimes she forgets that I treat it as no different to being in the office. When I am working, I am working. If its a busy day, that takes the priority.

Back
Top Bottom