This Business and Moment...

Soldato
Big step for my company tomorrow as we're moving office into a much larger space with the intention to grow. Honestly, quite nervous about the whole thing - as it's costing a small fortune, and have so much else on my plate at the moment - but quietly excited about the whole thing. Looking forward to being in a much more central location too. Now I've got to build a training programme for the new recruits!

Permabanned
Well done!

Got the interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Done some preparation this morning on questions I would like to ask them. Done some company research on the types of games they make. One thing I can't believe is they had 'Nick Frost' do the voiceover for one of their games!

For those who don't know who he is, he was based in movies such as;

Shaun of the Dead - 2004
Hott Fuzz - 2007
The Worlds End - 2013
Paul - 2011

e.t.c

Caporegime
So this week myself and a colleague from Intune found a "gap" in the Microsoft Technet documentation for a certain process. It literally says "if you want to do this, contact support for guidance"

So we have worked together, performed a lot of testing, defined some best practices and built a process. We have documented the whole thing and hope to get it published as a blog in the next coming weeks :D - sent out the first draft for C&C.

Really exciting stuff. Have learned a bucket load about a technology I am a noob at (Intune) - its great exposure for me and "review" time is approaching, so this could all work out quite well.

Plus the idea of having something published on Microsofts own website is exciting as well :) :D

Permabanned
So this week myself and a colleague from Intune found a "gap" in the Microsoft Technet documentation for a certain process. It literally says "if you want to do this, contact support for guidance"

So we have worked together, performed a lot of testing, defined some best practices and built a process. We have documented the whole thing and hope to get it published as a blog in the next coming weeks :D - sent out the first draft for C&C.

Really exciting stuff. Have learned a bucket load about a technology I am a noob at (Intune) - its great exposure for me and "review" time is approaching, so this could all work out quite well.

Plus the idea of having something published on Microsofts own website is exciting as well :) :D

As long as it works :p I hope it wasn't anything to do with update.

Soldato
Got a job offer! But trying to get my recruiter to push for a couple more £.

Would it be odd to have another meeting with technical manager (decision maker) on the proviso of trying to get more money?

Soldato
Had an email from a recruiter a few days ago about a role that sounded pretty good. I don't get many emails anymore as haven't been actively looking.

Had initially thought about looking more next summer but that email has made me wonder if it's worth waiting or just look now. I started in this job around 14 months ago and it's not quite panned out as i'd expected and isn't giving me what i want.

My concern is my career duration goes like this

Job 1 - March 06 - Dec 14
Job 2 - Jan 15 - Sept 15
Job 3 - Oct 15 to May 17 (Very different type role to previous career (Maintenance rather than Finance)
Current Job - May 17 to now (Back in Finance)

I'm conscious it looks like i've been at one job for 8 years and then unable to settle. I'd been looking pretty hard for a new job between Jan and May 17 and had a few offers which i didn't feel were right and then think i probably snatched this in May as i was getting fed up of job hunting! It just hasn't quite worked out as i'd expected.

Soldato
Just about to start up again selling my wood products. I'm great at making stuff but not great on the sales and marketing side so anyone with any advice in this area would be great. Anyone I should look for on youtube or podcasts?

Soldato
Finally booked my CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam in 2 weeks. Hoping to get the A+ within the next 2 months.
Then will move on to Security+ or Network+, leaning more towards security right now.

Good luck, if you are self studying like I am. It can be hard but rewarding once you pass the exam and have an upto date cert on your CV.

Soldato
Any advice on getting them out there really, I seem to get bogged down thinking about stuff to much really so need a clear strategy if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom