This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
waiting for someone to fix my boiler in the next 24 hours...
been broken for so long but would still slowly hear over a few hours to 45c, I think an airlock is in the way and now completely stops the flow so won't heat up at all.
mIIL6bU.jpg
my standing charge each month is £6.59 :D pretty much the only thing I've been paying for lol... seems it saved me a ton of money.

Caporegime
woo and my heating & hot water is fixed :D the sound of air rushing through the pipes after the guy fixed it lasted about a minute lol......
hopefully he's not a poster from here but he didn't mention my ocuk desk mat so guess I'm good

fault was a blocked filter he pulled from some pipe, didn't even know it existed, should probably have paid more attention and looked where he put it back but meh.

Caporegime
@moon man
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/volkswagen-car-floating-water-popular-5580000

A favourite pastime of mine at Polzeath is eating chips on the wall watching people panic with their cars in the car park as the tide comes in. This one seems to have been well on the beach, which is illegal unless they've had permission (like the Kelly's van :D), idiots.

Some people have strange thoughts.
"Top box says it all" says one commenter.
Firstly, there is no top box. Secondly, who the hell has something against people with top boxes? :p

Soldato
Some people have strange thoughts.
"Top box says it all" says one commenter.
Firstly, there is no top box. Secondly, who the hell has something against people with top boxes? :p

Yeah, no idea what that comment was about lol.

As for top/roof boxes; Tourists are a catch 22/double edged sword in Cornwall. On one hand they bring a lot of well needed money to the county, on the other hand about 50-75% are absolute cnuts.

Caporegime
Yeah, no idea what that comment was about lol.

As for top/roof boxes; Tourists are a catch 22/double edged sword in Cornwall. On one hand they bring a lot of well needed money to the county, on the other hand about 50-75% are absolute cnuts.

I don't understand tourists who are ****s.

When I used to go places on holiday (lol COVID lol anxiety) I would be generally chatty and friendly, any locals were nice to me, and I actively tried not to do anything to pee them off. Although in Cornwall its hard not to pee off local drivers, they all seem to have a death wish with how they barrel around completely blind roads... :p

Soldato
@moon man
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/volkswagen-car-floating-water-popular-5580000

A favourite pastime of mine at Polzeath is eating chips on the wall watching people panic with their cars in the car park as the tide comes in. This one seems to have been well on the beach, which is illegal unless they've had permission (like the Kelly's van :D), idiots.

A guy i used to work with had a holiday home around North Wales where the bay was very tidal.

He said there was a virtually brand new BMW X5 that was parked on the beach and the owners had presumably wandered off. Lots of people stood around as the tide came in and covered the car.

Since it's so heavy it just stayed on the floor rather than float so a couple of local divers went down taking photos which he showed me. Can imagine that being very entertaining!

Soldato
It's a common thing, tbh down here tbh
Thing is Cornwall is now the property hot spot of the UK, g7 ,spaceport, its all going on, cultural hub and the.best scenery, coastline, every one wants a bit, tbh my property has gone up thousands since I started this post :p
Just need some border control on the Devon border, keep these rif raf out

Associate
We had a small packet delivered from Amazon earlier. I caught him at the door as he was about to leave outside and it has been raining on and off. He passed it to me, both of us at arms length, and a brief friendly word was also exchanged.

When I looked at it as he disappeared back into his van and left, it was quite clear someone had cut through the packaging with a blade to check the contents, as they had gone cleanly through the address label. They must have gutted to find a box of DragonShield card sleeves for daughter and not some expensive gizmo.

It must have happened either during loading or on the delivery round. The tracking said unexpected delay when I checked it after too.

Caporegime
I don't understand tourists who are ****s.

When I used to go places on holiday (lol COVID lol anxiety) I would be generally chatty and friendly, any locals were nice to me, and I actively tried not to do anything to pee them off. Although in Cornwall its hard not to pee off local drivers, they all seem to have a death wish with how they barrel around completely blind roads... :p

You don't get it because you aren't one. Despite your flaws :p

We do, in England have more than our fair share though. Self-important, ignorant, loud and just generally vile.

Caporegime
Been back an hour ish from a kayak with a person I've never been with before.
It was super cloudy outside but went anyway. Especially as I've felt a bit down last couple. Of days.

Glad I did because at beach there were light clouds... And the sunset was awesome

Coming in to shore...

wo4VOJD.jpg

Out on the kayak.

O4LMdQ4.jpg

Caporegime
This instant and moment the year has changed again as I am now working in a community therapy role. It means driving to houses etc and means the 125cc I bought at the start of the year and have been doing up is now not needed. Doh. Lol.

First time I've had a full time job in 6yrs with college, university, agency and voluntary jobs etc.

If you can fit your stuff on it though the 125 will save you a fortune in fuel

Soldato
Been back an hour ish from a kayak with a person I've never been with before.
It was super cloudy outside but went anyway. Especially as I've felt a bit down last couple. Of days.

Glad I did because at beach there were light clouds... And the sunset was awesome

Coming in to shore...
Out on the kayak.

Do you go "out" to sea or just track the coastline?

Whenever i head to the sea on my SUP i tend to just track the coast and am rarely more than ~100m from the shore, but i do think sometimes it'd be nice to get further out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom