This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Do you go "out" to sea or just track the coastline?

Whenever i head to the sea on my SUP i tend to just track the coast and am rarely more than ~100m from the shore, but i do think sometimes it'd be nice to get further out.

Same. I don't go fully out. I'm not experienced enough so it would be irresponsible.

Probably 500m-700m max.
I'd like to do a course to properly know what to do
I really want to paddle to the Holm Islands just of the coast of Cardiff. I say just. Its properly into the channel!

Caporegime
Yeah, i guess you're right in that very tidal area too where it can be fairly dangerous if you're inexperienced. Luckily it's not as bad up here on the NW coast.

Yeah I paddled across a tidal land bridge when the tide had just turned from in to out going against the outgoing tide.
The current was so strong on this bridge that when I got over it my kayak just stopped dead and went backwards. I had to double my effort to just inch forward over it. Really hit home how strong these invisible currents can be.

Associate
A neighbour thinks building an extension on a Sunday counts as DIY rather than construction to get around noise regs. Bad enough he started yesterday at 7.30am and went on until 4pm.

This is on top of our adjoining neighbouring having theirs done weekdays, but at least the guys they use work social hours, even if their singing is worse than mine.

Soldato
A neighbour thinks building an extension on a Sunday counts as DIY rather than construction to get around noise regs. Bad enough he started yesterday at 7.30am and went on until 4pm.

This is on top of our adjoining neighbouring having theirs done weekdays, but at least the guys they use work social hours, even if their singing is worse than mine.
I've got similar - next door was owned by couple aged 85 since the 80s or earlier. A family from a few doors down bought it and are fully gutting and renovating - sociable hours contractors on weekdays. Drilling, etc onto the party wall while I'm working and taking calls. Fair enough, a family needs a home.

But they also start with some heavy duty banging at about 7.30am at weekends :( Sounds like they must be knocking walls through. They started in September but it's been on and off.

Soldato
Dammit, left an employer with Vitality health insurance and didn't think about the reduced gym memberships. Just had an email to say my payment goes from £27 to £54.

That's getting cancelled then!

Annoyingly there are very few other options within a close enough range that i would actually make the effort for, other than a local leisure centre but their opening times are rubbish.

Soldato
******* god damned useless Corporation Tax dept

Call 0300 200 3410 (for the 5th time in 4 months) trying to sort a refund they owe us and now they've taken a payment they shouldn't have. Explain the situation again only to be told we can't deal with that you need to talk to X dept. They pass me through where I explain it all again only to be told we can't deal with that, you need to call X dept and proceeds to give me the number 0300 200 3410...

:mad::mad::mad:

Caporegime
It just occurred to me how we used to laugh at the Americans over their sensitivity for nipples, their obsession with shrinks, compensation claims etc

Then I browse the "news" and realise how far beyond that we have fallen

I'm not sure there's anything British left about our culture, It's totally american now

Soldato
It just occurred to me how we used to laugh at the Americans over their sensitivity for nipples, their obsession with shrinks, compensation claims etc

Then I browse the "news" and realise how far beyond that we have fallen

I'm not sure there's anything British left about our culture, It's totally american now
There there, stiff upper lip - go and get yourself a cuppa and stick the box on for an hour or two.

Soldato
Had the same when walking through the services, lots of lorries started honking at me in the car park. Thought I'd struck it lucky. The app said my food was ready so didn't hang around to find out their intentions but then saw the big screen in the mostly empty services.

Soldato
How come the fans they show after the match can only just string two grunts together, it's only kicking a bag of air around after all but will go along with the atmosphere, did used to go to Elland Road back in the day but not really my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom