This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This afternoon, walking along pontypridd High Street, I heard a couple swearing loudly. The lady was one of them: council face-lift hair, on crutches, and sounded rather worse for wear at 1pm.

As they passed, I caught a snippet of their conversation: "I bent over and showed you what you wanted, and you just fell asleep *continued swearing*"

I have been somewhat mentally scarred by this.

Man of Honour
This afternoon, walking along pontypridd High Street, I heard a couple swearing loudly. The lady was one of them: council face-lift hair, on crutches, and sounded rather worse for wear at 1pm.

As they passed, I caught a snippet of their conversation: "I bent over and showed you what you wanted, and you just fell asleep *continued swearing*"

I have been somewhat mentally scarred by this.

I‘d expect nothing less in ponty.

Soldato
A colleague’s mum passed away a couple of weeks ago.

She received a sympathy card from a former colleague (retired 10 years ago) and no contact with her for 8-9 years.

This former colleague is notorious for not being in contact with people for years and if their partner, parent etc does, she sends a sympathy card. Word gets around that “X’s father has passed away” it takes a couple of weeks for this former colleague to get the message.

Her cards are not welcome. Plus her messages are upsetting. She fell out with all of colleagues, past and current by saying a catalogue of lies during another retired colleague’s leaving do. This left the person in question’s leaving do in tears and a few others- including me.

How do you stop her sending cards? People are so messed up with grief that don’t have the energy to say “your card is unwanted”

Soldato
The big oak (20m) tree on the green outside my house got cut down yesterday. The council left all the logs on the ground.

I opened my curtains this morning and it is nearly all gone. Log burning fairies!

20221104-084333.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom