This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes my final transaction I did last night was 19:52 - no point in opening the extra hour.

I feel pretty ****** off as this week and next week, 5 hours will be wasted from me working when the store is dead. I’m not allowed to leave the kiosk as about £60k in tobacco, vape stuff and scratchcards plus what’s in the tills.

Those 5 hours could be better spent me working peak trade or working delivery.

Man of Honour
It’s clearly time for all the pensioners to come out. Nearly run over at the same crossing twice as they look the other way, they can’t even hear me shouting at them. I’m then stood in a car park for about 10 minutes hearing the number of knocks as they drive into each other and the kerbs.

Caporegime
It’s clearly time for all the pensioners to come out. Nearly run over at the same crossing twice as they look the other way, they can’t even hear me shouting at them. I’m then stood in a car park for about 10 minutes hearing the number of knocks as they drive into each other and the kerbs.

Just had one driving in the middle of the road towards oncoming traffic.

Soldato
My mum makes me drive whenever we go anywhere now. It would be nice to be passenger every now and then but she does put me on edge. When she brought me back from my first covid jab she went onto the wrong side of the road at a roundabout and I had to grab the wheel

Seems someone has passed their lurgy to me :(
Don't think I'll be doing my gym class tomorrow morning at this rate

Man of Honour
Sigh latest Spotify update is auto-reducing the volume level when other media is playing, despite all such settings in both Spotify and Windows being disabled FFS...

Man of Honour
Apologies for the politically incorrect post, but I was sat next to a somewhat overweight person on the plane yesterday, needed an extension for the belt and was pouring over onto my seat, and foot space. Didn't make for a very comfortable journey (nor for him I imagine) nice enough chap but I can't shake that bias I'm afraid. Honestly he should have paid for 2 tickets.

Caporegime
I have a question for the hive mind.

Original flight plan with JAL

London - 1 stop (Helsinki 2hr) - Tokyo, land 7am.
Return Leave Friday 11am, stop Helsinki (2hrs) - London (Friday afternoon)

Got a change of flight schedule today.

They are moving my return leg from Friday 11am to Thursday 11pm, meaning the hotel I booked would be wasted. However, they are not changing the 2nd leg between Helsinki to London. So I have a 10hr layover. The longer leg between Helsinki and Tokyo of both ways are Premium Economy, the short part is Economy.

I can accept the change or cancel for a refund.

I have looked into other airlines, now prices has gone up but I found a direct flight with ANA

London to Tokyo (land at 3pm) Economy
Tokyo to London (leave Friday 11am) Premium Economy

Difference is £180 extra.

My gut tell me to cancel JAL and go with ANA?

Associate
Earlier in the year a girl in work had asked me if I would fix a cupboard door for her elderly mum. Called round one night and ended up doing a few wee bits and pieces for her that needed sorted as she's on her own and no one to help her. At the time I wouldn't take anything for it as it turned out her mum lives really close to me and it was more a good turn helping somone out than actually doing work for someone. Got a phone call from her this morning asking me to pop by after work as she'd a gift for me. Explained to her I was off work with covid but if she left it on her door step I'd call in 5 minutes and chat to her from a distance. Really touched by this elderly lady's kindness as she'd got me a wee Christmas hamper for sorting those things out that needed doing.

Soldato
Tried roulette online. Put down £20 and won £100 back in 10mins. :D

Withdrew v quickly before I got tempted to do more...!
Had a customer win £100 on a £5 scratchcard a couple of months back. He bought 20 of the same card.

Wouldn’t surprise me that if he won less than £60. Statistically he had 6-7 winning cards in that lot.

Didn’t see what happened as served customer 30 mins before I finished for 6 days off

Soldato
Had my eye "well lasered" at the eye hospital and its still sore. After that was done couldn't see a thing out of the eye as in total darkness, then vision started returning but completely purple like someone put a a transparent purple sheet infront of my eye, couple of minutes later normal sight started returning...

Very strange experience.

Consigliere
Had a customer win £100 on a £5 scratchcard a couple of months back. He bought 20 of the same card.

Wouldn’t surprise me that if he won less than £60. Statistically he had 6-7 winning cards in that lot.

Didn’t see what happened as served customer 30 mins before I finished for 6 days off

Mm a real gambler don't say their losses. :p

With me, never tried roulette but I want to try again. :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom