This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
About clearing out houses when relatives died.

When my great uncle and aunt died about 7 months apart, I helped their daughter (mum’s cousin) with mum.

We found a kettle and a landline phone with ‘not working’ written on the box. Did my great aunt and uncle think there would be elves like in Elves and Shoemaker that would fix these broken items?

Found two suitcases of clothes that belong to their daughter. Based on her memories and fashions, they have been in the suitcases for 30-33 years. Plus moved house about 3 times.

When a friend’s grandad died. On clearing out the kitchen, they found 80+
tins of salmon. Donated the lot to a local lunch club for the elderly.

Soldato
Have first gym class back tomorrow morning after xmas/having the lurgy. Not looking forward to it. I've been feeling a bit meh lately though so hopefully it will help

All I've done today is nap and play lego batman :o

Think I'll find another movie to watch

Soldato
Have first gym class back tomorrow morning after xmas/having the lurgy. Not looking forward to it. I've been feeling a bit meh lately though so hopefully it will help

All I've done today is nap and play lego batman :o

Think I'll find another movie to watch
When you do go back, look at the new faces and you probably be lucky to see them after Feb.

Worst time of the year to start a gym at the beginning of the year.

Same goes for weight management programmes like WW and Slimming World

Soldato
When you do go back, look at the new faces and you probably be lucky to see them after Feb.

Worst time of the year to start a gym at the beginning of the year.

Same goes for weight management programmes like WW and Slimming World
It's not like a normal gym it's a PT gym with just a small group class held throughout the day so I tend to see different people each week anyway lol. I joined at the end of Nov but they were closed between Xmas and New year, and last week I was still getting over the lurgy :)

Soldato
I actually had to drive to get them too... the COOP closes at 4pm or whatever, and I hadn't realised the "corner shop" type bloke capitalises by opening late exclusively on Sunday's...as I drove past (no parking). Outraged.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually had to drive to get them too... the COOP closes at 4pm or whatever, and I hadn't realised the "corner shop" type bloke capitalises by opening late exclusively on Sunday's...as I drove past (no parking). Outraged.
The Sunday trading hours is based on store size. Most coops are below the size of 280 sq m. So can open longer than the 6 hours of 10-4 or 11-5.

Sunday trading laws make shops above 280 sq m to be closed on Easter Sunday. But the likes of Tesco Express, Spar can open. Hence why there’s always a queue to get into the 12 space car parks. Just shows how people don’t plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom