This Instant And Moment - 2024!

So todays day of relaxation did not go to plan.

Some piece of human excrement has decided to lace the footpath in the woods in the valley with barbed wire.

My dog ran off down the track like he usually does, next came a squeal and crying.

Found him wrapped up in the stuff. Managed to cut most of it away with my multi tool. But had to take him to the vet to get the rest removed.

So now I have a very sorry for himself dog, that’s high on painkillers and Its cost me the best part of £300…

Police didn’t seem to give a ****, but the two farmers that own the land either side are checking the rest of the trail and their cameras.

I suspect it’s one of the old ***** up in the housing estate. They always complain about the dogs being off their leads in the woods.

So todays day of relaxation did not go to plan.

Some piece of human excrement has decided to lace the footpath in the woods in the valley with barbed wire.

My dog ran off down the track like he usually does, next came a squeal and crying.

Found him wrapped up in the stuff. Managed to cut most of it away with my multi tool. But had to take him to the vet to get the rest removed.

So now I have a very sorry for himself dog, that’s high on painkillers and Its cost me the best part of £300…

Police didn’t seem to give a ****, but the two farmers that own the land either side are checking the rest of the trail and their cameras.

I suspect it’s one of the old ***** up in the housing estate. They always complain about the dogs being off their leads in the woods.

How horrible. As a kid our dog jumped over some barbed wire and got stuck in it. I remember that far too vividly, she pulled through luckily, although it was slow. In that instance it hadn’t been put there to cause harm, but **** anyone who puts it down on the ground on purpose.

Currently at a centreparcs in the UK. Pint of guinness now £7.50 a pint this year and 7.5% tip added to all restaurant bills. I’m no Gucci belt owner but I do own a Paul Smith belt (naked lady of course).

Only 7.5%? Most places around London typically have 12.5% or so. It seems to have gone up from a ‘standard’ 10%. How on earth that ever became accepted.

Earlier, me and my daughter's stole the balloon arch from the primary school gate at the end of the road. They now have dozens of balloons and are pretty pleased.

It was last day of school today, so no harm done, before anyone starts.

Had to rehome about 100 caterpillars from garden last 2 days.

As keep half the garden wild, get quite a bit of nature. And I always keep some ragwort. This has built up a cycle of cinnebar moth last 3 years.

Alas. This year I was overloaded and all the ragwort is gone.

Had to rescue these guys and walk them to the park and had another batch of these today.

oqEoCky.jpeg

Last edited:
Just finished watching the tour de France coverage on ITV4 and they've got a short programme of classic world of sport moments. Start off with the first televised 9 dart finish in 1982. The prize 102 thousand pounds. Nice! Next up Steve Davis with the first televised 147 in snooker. The prize? A brand new lada car :cry:

Had to rehome about 100 caterpillars from garden last 2 days.

As keep half the garden wild, get quite a bit of nature. And I always keep some ragwort. This has built up a cycle of cinnebar moth last 3 years.

Alas. This year I was overloaded and all the ragwort is gone.

Had to rescue these guys and walk them to the park and had another batch of these today.

oqEoCky.jpeg

After the first spring with my new box hedge, I realised the hungry caterpillar was not a fun children's book, but a book of nightmares.

I was getting annoyed by my pc being so noisy gaming in the heat.

a quick google and I discovered
Entering the following in an admin command prompt window
powercfg.exe -attributes sub_processor perfboostmode -attrib_hide

Unlocks the following
46qhvcr.png

Now I can disable turbo or change it to efficient modes instead.

I just disabled it outright cpu clocks way down, the fans become silent and the fps stays the same.

Why does windows hide cool features...

CPU dropped from 60c to 42c, that's crazy
efficient enabled is 53c and still a decent drop.

literally notice 0 difference in x4 which I'm playing now and it's a cpu intensive game

Last edited:
After the first spring with my new box hedge, I realised the hungry caterpillar was not a fun children's book, but a book of nightmares.
The invasive box moth caterpillar? That's here too! The neighbours box hedges are destroyed.

Today I learnt why you shouldn't spray WD40 in a paper shredder while running it. I wouldn't mind, but I've been using WD40 on shredders like this for years, so I guess my luck ran out.

New shredder time.

Last edited:
Why does windows hide cool features...

Windows hides a load of power management features, you can unlock/change loads via registry tweaks. Some of that is for different types of hardware which have different most appropriate power management features but still would be nice to have ready access to all settings.

I follow a few accounts on instagram that post morbid or creepy stories. Usually they're only a paragraph or two long but if I find the topic interesting I'll use a bit of Google-Fu to find the story.

Today's story was about a man called Robert Landsburg who was documenting the eruption of Mount St Hellens. Very long story short, he was there when it erupted and quickly released his luck was out and his time was up. So he carried on taking photos of the ash as it approached then when he had barely any time left he wound back the film, put it in a cannister and buried it deep in his bag and then placed his body over it so save the film and he was successful in doing so. Saving pictures which have helped geologists.

What an absolute legend and to be able to think about that knowing you're going to stop existing any moment?! I expect if he didn't have balls the size of space hoppers he would've been able to get away.

Conversely there was someone who also lived on the mountain called Harry R Truman. He refused to leave the mountain as he didn't believe the geologists.
Harry R Truman said:
If the mountain goes, I'm going with it. This area is heavily timbered, Spirit Lake is in between me and the mountain, and the mountain is a mile away, the mountain ain't gonna hurt me.

Spoiler: The mountain did indeed hurt him.

Today I learnt why you shouldn't spray WD40 in a paper shredder while running it. I wouldn't mind, but I've been using WD40 on shredders like this for years, so I guess my luck ran out.

New shredder time.
WD40 is better as a dispersant (i.e. get rid of water/crud) not a lubricant (i.e. stick to the place you put it to make it smooth).

Last edited:
Yup - WD40 do make a range of actual lubricants - PTFE, silicone etc. but the original stuff is not a lubricant.

Back
Top Bottom