This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
Damn you car,

I knew my clutch was abit iffy, but now its making an even worse sound than it was previously.

Its intermittant yes but im getting a little worried

The car is on a milage where i dont want to be spending volumes of money on it now, but i cant decide or find a replacement car at the moment

Caporegime
Facebook warned me it had removed content I posted as the automated spam protection or whatever had flagged one of my posts...
with a message about potential restrictions on my account in the future. :rolleyes:

it was literally in a heavily moderated sub dedicated to Bosch ebikes..

someone was asking what preventative maintenance you can do and I linked a product bosch sells specifically for it https://www.ebikemotorcentre.com/product/bosch-gen-2-3-4-bearing-seal-tacky-grease/

"AI" is going to ruin the internet it seems..

Last edited:
Soldato
My wife just saw a big rat run into the garage.

Amazingly, she has given me permission to put the cat in there (when he wakes up).

At last he will be providing value.

Edit: put the cat in the garage several hours later. He spent around 15 minutes sniffing furiously, but didn't flush it out. Bah.

Last edited:
Caporegime
IIRC Facebook gets quite twitchy if you've previously been flagged for something (verified) against the T&Cs.
Never had any warnings on FB before, only really read the bosch sub and text family

My wife just saw a big rat run into the garage.
Blame the councils, you know the long grass they don't cut anymore, because it's now called "rewilding" instead of "cost saving measures"

Theres loads of rats in the streets near me, often see ones cars have ran over etc...
there's a video of one of those ratters with his dogs clapping about 40 of them down a back alley a few streets away.

I've literally been walking past a grass field at around 5-6am fairly often, and I see the rats coming and going towards the "rewilded" area thats supposed to be for the bees.

My local park is swarming with rats as well, the whole place is kinda overgrown, every bench has signs on it saying "sorry this bench is out of order, we can't strim the overgrown area with nesting birds around....."

biut they can hold a concert in the park?

Last edited:
Caporegime
House phone rings.
Chinese sounding guy on the other end.
hello, good day to you sir I'm calling from the national call blocking identity service
ME : okay bye

Had to have been a scam call or some other crap, Never given that house number to anyone.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am very cheery today, for no particular reason. My wife said she could tell as I "have been making stupid remarks".

AND I have just seen the bats flying about the garden for the first time this year.

It's a good life.

Get bats most nights here, I don't know what they are though. There's a lot of water round here so could be dorbentons (SP?).

Also. Had to move an army of cinnebar as they had eaten all the ragwort in the garden!
Moved about 30 of these!

They are amazing. Basically nothing eats them as ragwort is very toxic. And that's all they eat.
nb3LhGt.jpeg

They turn into these
l4kHqA6.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Get bats most nights here, I don't know what they are though. There's a lot of water round here so could be dorbentons (SP?).

Also. Had to move an army of cinnebar as they had eaten all the ragwort in the garden!

I do like cinnabar moths. The best moths I've seen was an elephant hawk moth that came on the house. It was huge!

Only two slow worms found today. My record is about a dozen.

20240711-145602.jpg
[/ur
20240711-145543.jpg

Soldato
Spent all of yesterday with bad gastritis or heartburn :( This happened earlier in the month for just one day but normally never an issue at all. Have woken up still tender so getting on the Gaviscon ASAP.

Oh, also I think I was reading forums in bed and half-dreamed @Rroff mentioning his wife, which I was surprised at. Sorry Rroff :o

RxR

RxR

Soldato
The natives of Oceania are having some sporting contest about 1km away from our place. They've got control of the P.A. system - pacific islander drum songs, choirs and national anthems are being played at very high volume. I wouldn't be surprised if half the players end up deaf.

Soldato
Got a letter for appt with a ENT consultant end of the month. Wasn't expecting one and checked the various folders of all the departments I am under - yes, several. Can't find anything what happened in the last appointment in May 2022. Hmmm.

I googled the name of the consultant and its in the right field in the ENT - thyroid and lump near to the neck notch.

Caporegime
In Spain, with my brother, we went to a local place, ate some of the best seafood I've ever had, asked the guy what the local after-dinner drinks were (thanks Google translate) and he left us alone with three bottles of spirits and then came over and toasted with us. Amazing hospitality and so cheap too! Food I'd have been happy to pay seventy a head for came in at under thirty.

I like Galicia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom