This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Just polished off the last of the pig hock and pulse soup I made. Tossed in a fistful of mung beans too, was quite tasty with a fresh bakery tiger loaf.

I just had the most frustrating ‘phone issue’ ever.

I was in the car and suddenly I lost the ability to stream music, WTF - I could still browse the web, based on the Google, but something about playing Apple Music was causing chaos.

Reset network settings. Didn’t work. Still an SLL error occurring.

Went into Apple Store to connect to WiFi… did an Apple update. No resolution. Fff.

Then all my internet died after resetting the network settings again. Oh my god. So annoying! So much wasted time spend on this…

… turns out I’ve just run out of mobile data :o :rolleyes:

I drove through (the notorious) Lansbury Park Estate earlier.

Some kids had piled up some flytipped mattresses and were using them as a trampoline.

I wasn't sure whether to admire or pity them. Maybe both?

I need to find a way to stop those stupid pigeons trying to go nest inside my roof end when i have kind of fixed the box end.

They are not giving up.

Its not the easiest thing to get up on a ladder and repair.

Came out to get in my car this morning to go to work, even though they cant get in at the moment, I could see 3 of them just hanging around my repair attempt, obviously trying to nudge it with their stupid beaks to knacker my efforts.

Last edited:
Pigeons like to return to the same nesting site if it was a good/safe one. Do a better job of patching it up and they'll move on sooner or later.
Its fortunate we live in the countryside so our pigeons nest in various places in the garden instead of somewhere inconvenient.

Pigeons like to return to the same nesting site if it was a good/safe one. Do a better job of patching it up and they'll move on sooner or later.
Its fortunate we live in the countryside so our pigeons nest in various places in the garden instead of somewhere inconvenient.

Yeh i have a temp boxend on the roofline, although its not permanent as some of the wood right at the end of the roofline is rotted, i need to get up there again and sort it out.

They are persistent

Last edited:
Full day 9-5 of training in the London office. Had to leave the house at 7.15am, yuck.

However, was let out on time and now on track to be home by 7pm. Win!

Then same routine again Thursday for day 2 of training :(

Full day 9-5 of training in the London office. Had to leave the house at 7.15am, yuck.

However, was let out on time and now on track to be home by 7pm. Win!

Then same routine again Thursday for day 2 of training :(

As much as I love London glad I don't have to go there for training with the traffic or public transport option - more usually Exeter if I do.

I just had the most frustrating ‘phone issue’ ever.

I was in the car and suddenly I lost the ability to stream music, WTF - I could still browse the web, based on the Google, but something about playing Apple Music was causing chaos.

Reset network settings. Didn’t work. Still an SLL error occurring.

Went into Apple Store to connect to WiFi… did an Apple update. No resolution. Fff.

Then all my internet died after resetting the network settings again. Oh my god. So annoying! So much wasted time spend on this…

… turns out I’ve just run out of mobile data :o :rolleyes:
I did something similar - disable mobile data on my phone and just couldn't work out why I wasn't getting messages emails etc. Took 3 days to notice - was quite the barrage of pish when I finally re-enabled it all.

Our most regular DPD guy must hate me, I've had 2 complete sets of wheels (4x ~30kg each time) and a bunch of 33kg each leisure batteries delivered recently and always seems to be the same driver who gets those loads.

Not the driver's fault but on top of another DPD screw up, he had to move my delivery up today due to the size and weight getting in the way of other drops and turned up an hour early while I was in the shower... so had to leave them with a neighbour.

Made it to Manchester today. Yesterday had a high speed blowout on offside rear tyre. Sudden deflation warning came up on dash and just managed to pull into a lay-by off the A500.

Mobile tyre fitter sorted me out and put a new tyre on made by Dynamo. Had no idea the magician had diversified into tyre production.

Just been for a walk, and picked up a piece of roof felt next to the path.

How many slow worms can you find?

20240809-141216.jpg

Last edited:
One Good thing that has come from my car woes is discovering a bus service,ok it's a 45 mins walk to the stop but it goes to port Issac and Polzeath, quite handy for doing one way walks. Also the country wide 2 quid a journey thing makes it a cheap day out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom