This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Iv signed up to British airways avios. But missed doing this when I went to Prague. I got a the points from Athens and will get the points from the others when I take the flights.

Feels like a scheme though that takes ages to accumulate enough points to spend on something decent :)

If someone else is paying then it’s just a passive thing, like Tesco card points. Look at it in a few years and see what you can redeem. Literally forget it for now.

If someone else is paying then it’s just a passive thing, like Tesco card points. Look at it in a few years and see what you can redeem. Literally forget it for now.

They are work trips so work is paying. Apart from those all other travel I have done personally has been within the UK since.. well covid.

It's built up my confidence doing solo trips abroad though . So I may book a personal trip somewhere

They are work trips so work is paying. Apart from those all other travel I have done personally has been within the UK since.. well covid.

It's built up my confidence doing solo trips abroad though . So I may book a personal trip somewhere

Just go for it. Solo travel is so easy. I’ve crossed a thread hold for removing fear this trip for accommodation.

I used to book everything before I go, right now I’m here in Rabat until Sunday but I have to check out of this hotel I’m at at midday and I have not found a place for tonight.

I’ll just find something after my hotel breakfast, check out at 12, then stroll into the new hotel…I see travel vloggers doing this as they land in a new country all the time. Always thought they are brave. In fact it’s quite liberating and feel like I got a lot of options.

Just go for it. Solo travel is so easy. I’ve crossed a thread hold for removing fear this trip for accommodation.

I used to book everything before I go, right now I’m here in Rabat until Sunday but I have to check out of this hotel I’m at at midday and I have not found a place for tonight.

I’ll just find something after my hotel breakfast, check out at 12, then stroll into the new hotel…I see travel vloggers doing this as they land in a new country all the time. Always thought they are brave. In fact it’s quite liberating and feel like I got a lot of options.

Yep i love it, it also gives you freedom to do what ever you want without having to worry about others. Although this applies to non work based trips more than work based ones.

I love the travelling (train journeys, flights) aswel, and I love people watching.

Enjoy Rabat

Last edited:
someone test this

don't use any fake surround sound/sbx profile or even set your speakers to stereo.

is the cone on the right speaker really quiet compared to the left?
I take it the womans voice is supposed to come from the left, the guys from the right, but the rest of the song isn't equalized on both speakers?

it randomly came on a playlist, it's not the sort of music I listen to but the sound stage seems all wrong? or is something wrong on my end.

I noticed a few other tracks doing the same as I skipped through them.

but I've never had issues with youtube, or anywhere else.

Last edited:
I got home late from work this evening so I popped onto Sainsbury's to buy her a bouquet of flowers. I walked in and showed her the flowers and she said 'oh well I guess that means I have spread my legs open for you'. I told her 'Why? Don't we have vase somewhere?'

someone test this

don't use any fake surround sound/sbx profile or even set your speakers to stereo.

is the cone on the right speaker really quiet compared to the left?
I take it the womans voice is supposed to come from the left, the guys from the right, but the rest of the song isn't equalized on both speakers?

it randomly came on a playlist, it's not the sort of music I listen to but the sound stage seems all wrong? or is something wrong on my end.

I noticed a few other tracks doing the same as I skipped through them.

but I've never had issues with youtube, or anywhere else.
You were whining moments ago about Spotify introducing you to new music and now youre dissecting and analysing?

Great western railway service again cancelled train..

Their delay repay website is becoming my new favourite website..

Another rushy dash to Heathrow t5

So many children on this flight, one right behind me playing play pretend characters with his toys, and enacting all the voices and stories.

Children playing is OK… what drives me absolutely bananas is adults doing that stupid ‘talking to a child herp derp voice’ loudly, like they are performing a ****ing pantomime for all the other adults.

Adult: “Can you see the plane!! Look at the plane! Wow isn’t it such a big plane!!!”
Child: “Ya”
Adult: “It goes really really fast! Super, super high in the sky! Weeeee!”

Seriously, **** off! So annoying!

Children playing is OK… what drives me absolutely bananas is adults doing that stupid ‘talking to a child herp derp voice’ loudly, like they are performing a ****ing pantomime for all the other adults.

Adult: “Can you see the plane!! Look at the plane! Wow isn’t it such a big plane!!!”
Child: “Ya”
Adult: “It goes really really fast! Super, super high in the sky! Weeeee!”

Seriously, **** off! So annoying!

This kid is playing all the characters in his story, including the voice over.

There is a mummy, a kid, and a doggy in this story. There’s also music, sound effects and a theme tune. Sometimes there is a new intervening character.

Oh, he speaks English and German and flips between both.

Last edited:
Noticed on local reddit page someone had at over 40k worth of camera gear stolen and there was a 5k reward etc.

someone posted this legal snippet of info

Advertising rewards for return of goods stolen or lost.​

Where any public advertisement of a reward for the return of any goods which have been stolen or lost uses any words to the effect that no questions will be asked, or that the person producing the goods will be safe from apprehension or inquiry, or that any money paid for the purchase of the goods or advanced by way of loan on them will be repaid, the person advertising the reward and any person who prints or publishes the advertisement shall on summary conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding [F1level 3 on the standard scale.]
What a weird crime.

police recovered the guys stuff.

I read on twitter he had gps trackers in with the gear and the police wouldn't help him at first until it started to go viral on socials... and they were starting to look bad.

Not the first time I've heard of the police wanting to ignore GPS trackers on stolen property.

Last edited:
I read on twitter he had gps trackers in with the gear and the police wouldn't help him at first until it started to go viral on socials... and they were starting to look bad.

Not the first time I've heard of the police wanting to ignore GPS trackers on stolen property.

I reported to the police that I had CCTV of a thief on camera and a clear image of their face. They are not interested in it. They haven't even linked it to a theft that happened the same night a few hundred meters away.

Back
Top Bottom