** This Instant, Moment, and Month - December **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've only consumed alcohol twice in the past 5 months or so. Both times I've got myself absolutely paralytic, but thats not the point! :p

I gave the rest of my bottle of booze to my Mum to use for cooking... :o

I shall abstain from all bad jokes relating to the Acme family at large considering recent events, but in chess terms you were two moves away from being checkmated, sir.;)

Caporegime
Its all more clear now, I went to speak to the lady who Dad crashed into this morning. The car in front of her slammed on the brakes without warning and she thinks THEY didn't have brake lights (so thats where I heard that part from) and she crashed into the back of them, and looked in her mirror to see Dad try to swerve to the right to avoid her, but caught the side of her car with the left of his bike, which is why his left side isn't great...

Best guess so far is that the person at the front of the pile-up saw a sign saying "Christmas Trees £5" and slammed the brakes on to pull into the side turning... I hate people if thats true...

She seemed like a nice lady, very apologetic even though she wasn't responsible for what happened. She apparently told him not to get up, stopped him from trying to take his helmet off and waited with him until the ambulance arrived. Her ribs hurt so she's off to the hospital at some point early afternoon. (so now perhaps)

Dad is much the same but aching a lot more, happier now he knows what happened. His op is at 2PM (supposedly, you know what hospitals are like with times... lol) and he's in x-ray again at the moment.

Caporegime
Its all more clear now, I went to speak to the lady who Dad crashed into this morning. The car in front of her slammed on the brakes without warning and she thinks THEY didn't have brake lights (so thats where I heard that part from) and she crashed into the back of them, and looked in her mirror to see Dad try to swerve to the right to avoid her, but caught the side of her car with the left of his bike, which is why his left side isn't great...

Best guess so far is that the person at the front of the pile-up saw a sign saying "Christmas Trees £5" and slammed the brakes on to pull into the side turning... I hate people if thats true...

She seemed like a nice lady, very apologetic even though she wasn't responsible for what happened. She apparently told him not to get up, stopped him from trying to take his helmet off and waited with him until the ambulance arrived. Her ribs hurt so she's off to the hospital at some point early afternoon. (so now perhaps)

Dad is much the same but aching a lot more, happier now he knows what happened. His op is at 2PM (supposedly, you know what hospitals are like with times... lol) and he's in x-ray again at the moment.

He might be ****ed by insurnace in that case.

She might get away with it especialy if brake lights werent working but he wont as they will say he didnt leave sufficent distance

Caporegime
OP went well and doctors are happy, going to get him in a couple of hours.

I agree that he might not fare well with the insurance company but I think he knows that.

I think he was riding quite close from what she described. Possibly thinking about overtaking. But I don't know that. Stopping distance on a bike with 50's drum brakes on a wet road isn't going to be good, so perhaps he thought avoiding action would be better, but the impact caused the car in front to swing into his path more than expected.

Truth is nobody really knows. He doesn't remember anything.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm back from Spain. After 7 days of grueling training with skills, drills, diving, climbing and being blindfolded.

I am now qualified to go scuba diving in caves :cool:

Brutal but fun course!

Caporegime
Is a cert required or just for insurance purposes?

Yes and for other reasons.

Quite simply. Without proper cave diving you don't put yourself at risk, but others as well. You could seriously kill/endanger others or yourself if you're not properly trained. It's an overhead environment. There is no "going to the surface"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom