** This Instant, Moment, and Month - March 2017 **

Soldato
I'm off to Dublin tomorrow with the lads (drinking lads, not kid lads, well, some are), should be great. :)

Ive never been to Ireland before, it was on the list for this year to take the caravan over on the ferry and do Southern Ireland but she is up the spout with our first sprog so money is tight.

Have a good weekend pal!

Man of Honour
Ive never been to Ireland before, it was on the list for this year to take the caravan over on the ferry and do Southern Ireland but she is up the spout with our first sprog so money is tight.

Have a good weekend pal!

Thanks Nick, last time I went over I was about 4, so I'm looking forward. I was in Belfast for NYE so I'm keen to compare.

If I had a choice I'd be gone at 4 too!

Enjoy Dublin, brilliant city!

Cheers, as above I'm looking forward to it!

Caporegime
I've taken the rather scary decision to resign...

I'll be looking for jobs and contacting a number of agencies this weekend, and bringing the subject up with HR on Monday morning.

My work life is making me depressed, anxious, and sometimes even physically sick. I cannot go on working at this place, not with how it is run, how I and my colleagues are treated, and the overall ethos of the company which seems to be to use the staff to maximise profit from our customers, and not actually focus on customer satisfaction...

I have some savings, and I just hope my parents understand, and that I find something quickly... I am most concerned aboug how it would look on my CV, how I explain it to potential employers, and the reference from this place if they seek one.

Man of Honour
the overall ethos of the company which seems to be to use the staff to maximise profit from our customers, and not actually focus on customer satisfaction...
How old are you? Because most companies you work for will be like this.

Personally I'd secure a new job before you resign, although this obviously depends on notice period etc.

Man of Honour
I'd agree with Chris unless you're pushed and have no option then get something set up to jump to first.

I was similar in my last job hated it but stuck it out until I'd secured something else and then handed in my notice with a smile.

Man of Honour
Yep the worst a place will do is just say "Yes Acme worked here between here and there" it's not worth putting themselves on the line legally to say anything else.

Associate
I've taken the rather scary decision to resign...

I'll be looking for jobs and contacting a number of agencies this weekend, and bringing the subject up with HR on Monday morning.

My work life is making me depressed, anxious, and sometimes even physically sick.

I've been there a while ago, and I had a mini breakdown. Totally all to do with the workplace situation. The relief I felt when I told them I would not be going back was immense and was a springboard of confidence that got me back into work, albeit slowly at first. Yes, find more work before leaving if you can, but if the work is damaging your health, leaving as soon as you can could be beneficial too.

Caporegime
Unfortunately it has been hinted at by my manager that because my performance is through the floor, I would likely be put on a disciplinary/improvement period by her boss, and suggested that as I am evidently unhappy for reasons she understands, perhaps resigning may be an easier/better option if i am able to make it work.

I really dont think that a few weeks on disciplinary notice will suddenly make me their star employee!

i have the ability, I just lack the drive to work in this sifuation...

I know several people who have quit for similar reasons aftef much shorter periods, and all of my co workers want out too...

Man of Honour
I'm not a permie so not sure how it works, but can you not go to a GP and go on the sick through work related stress etc? And then in that time look for other work?

It's why I like contracting so much personally, if I don't like somewhere I hand in my weeks notice and I find another job.

Man of Honour
It's not perm work, so probably quite different if you've gone perm. It's working as a contractor for MCS on the system that is replacing the system I used to work on. I know all the stakeholders, the customer, the data centres, the people I'd be working with, the weird rules etc etc, plus I know 2 of the 3 interviewing me. But cheers anyway.

I'm actually not sure I want it, it's a 4 day week which suits me, however it is 40 miles away and I am potentially getting another role 2 miles from home but that's unknown. Knowing my luck MS will offer me the role then I'll get the other one I'm looking at!

Soldato
Embarrassed some idiot in his Audi RS6, thought he would be clever trying to sit at the front of traffic lights revving like mad, he was a dot in my mirror in seconds. :p

Back
Top Bottom