This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
OP
I have kept a log of the first week - from midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday and I used 57 KW which I assume would have been 57 units on old meter so at the moment the old and new seem to be reading accurate (the same) so I am happy with new smart meter.

My highest usage was yesterday with 9.57 KW -£2.10p -Two loads of washing and roast chicken and spuds and god knows how many cups of tea in the day.

Soldato
OP
My Eon next finishes at end of this month -It will go from £62 a month to £103 ( it was £93 two weeks ago)- Did a search and Octopus said if you are still on a fixed tariff just do nothing and Eon will put you on budget variable tariff so you benifit from gov cap?

It'll be difficult next year for wage rises.

NMW went up 6.4% this year and is envisaged, along with State Pension, to increase by 10% next year taking it to nearly £10.50/hour (projected Sept inflation rate). Lots of people in lower income (say sub £25k) will not be happy if they don't get similar rises

I have wet dreams wishing I was up there on £25k :(

Soldato
OP
Now the hardship starts - Today is my last day on fixed plan with Eon.
Up from 20p to 29p per unit.
Day rate has gone from 18p to 47p - How can they justify day rate going up when they are doing nothing extra.
Also managed to get it on pay the bill each month rather than fixed price monthly.

Soldato
OP
When I was speaking to the Eon representive energy expert I did ask if I can have my electric from a coal fired power station as it must be cheaper - she was amazed I didn't want green - Who the hell wants to pay green prices - not I -they can stick anything green where sun doesn't shine.

Soldato
OP
I think I have had a stay of execution.
My fixed price finished on 30th June but the last payment went in on 27th June so if I pay in advance monthly then I have paid for July .
The display for smart meter is still showing old price.
Is it my lucky month ??

Soldato
OP
I did get another months grace when I paid the last payment two days before my package ended with Eon.

Was on 18p now 29p -and 29p up to 49p daily charge - Down to £22 in credit.

From Midnight to now I have used a £1 in leccy = 3.94 kWh. My average daily usage is usually around £2 (or was)

Soldato
OP
I have just had a quick gander at my provider E.on and I reckon I am looking at around £75 a month for leccy. Before this started I was paying £62 monthly DD - Now I have it they just take what the bill is.
So far it's not killing me but I have cut back on little things. Not that we have a lot to cut back on.

Oil was sorted months ago so well over half a tank (2.5k ltr tank). I am also popping odd lumps of money into my account at oil suppliers so when I need it there will pobably be enough in there to cover half the cost. Better than having one big hit.

Soldato
OP
Unless I've missed it, I don't think they've announced/worked out what (if anything) they will do for heating oil? We're scraping the barrel at the moment putting off filling it, waiting to see if they're either going to apply a discount or have something we can claim back. We've made about 600l last since Feb, so which is a lot further than it would usually last.
I have been wondering this -At start of pandemic oil was around15p ltr -my last oil delivery was around 65p nearly a year ago and now it's around 95p.
Gone up from £150 for 1k ltr to £950.
I wish years ago I had asked the Gov for some seeds for a money tree.

Soldato
OP
Just had my first E.on bill since it went on variable - For some reason from end of July I was in credit but that has now been used and my bill today was a massive £90 for a months worth of gold sparkle.

Soldato
OP
Looking at my meter Eon has upped the rate - yesterday was £1.97 for 8.93Kwh.
At the moment it's showing ££2.10 for 5.47Kwh.

Roll on our next pension increase.

Soldato
OP
OK what's happening here.

My smart meter is saying I have exceeded my weekly budget. "what budget" -I use it they take the money. I am on use it pay it DD !

If I have to access this smart meter what do I do - I am on E.on next with meter fitted this June just gone..

Why can't we have meter readers and pay paper bills again :)

Soldato
OP
Just looked at my bank account and last months electric bill was £39 - add on £66 and that makes it £105 as against bills before where DD was £62 a month.

Soldato
OP
I had a nice email from E.ON this morning advising me of a rate rise due to Ofgems recent announcement that energy price cap will go up in January.

I am going to have to pay even more as they estimate my annual cost will rise from £1,367.96 to £1,383.34 -Price difference £15.38 - Where the hell do they think I will get that from.
Money doesn't grow on trees. :)

Soldato
OP
Checked my electric bill today -- Gone up from £34 a month to £43.

Where do they think we get our money from - Money trees.

Dreading when the assistance is stopped. Oh well perhaps we can eat cake. :cry:

Soldato
OP
Damn - missed the drop in heating oil price - Seems it bottomed out up here at 50.2p per Ltr - Just ordered 1K litres to top up my tank if it will go in - So it's now 59.2p - This load is funded by Premium bond wins since xmas. So really it's like free oil .
Any more wins I can splash out on booze and women.:)

Back
Top Bottom