This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Some data I found on the Russia gas supply streams. Wonder if they will cut the other supply chains through winter.

52361292621_c791b385c9_c.jpg

Soldato
They've said they are, given their track record I'm sure you'll forgive me for having my reservations as far as trusting them to deliver
You’re too late to be cynical. The support packages are already in place and energy suppliers are already putting out information to customers detailing the newly subsidised price cap.

Soldato
You’re too late to be cynical. The support packages are already in place and energy suppliers are already putting out information to customers detailing the newly subsidised price cap.

Someone has already posted on the previous page that the government has only committed to 3 month contracts with the suppliers, they also have form for major u-turns. I don't necessarily think they're going to do so in this case, but it's hardly outside the realms of possibility.

Soldato
Someone has already posted on the previous page that the government has only committed to 3 month contracts with the suppliers, they also have form for major u-turns. I don't necessarily think they're going to do so in this case, but it's hardly outside the realms of possibility.

Three months is in case the gas price collapses in the new year. Possibly unlikely but feasible. Like any support package you do not write blank cheques for more than a few months.
I can see another one Jan, Feb, Mar to follow but maybe the pressure lessens after that through the warmer months.

Consumers should still monitor and manage their usage in the new world of energy.

Soldato
Yeah that is based on being able to remove the support package should the fuel prices crash and we returned to some normality and thus no support to the public is needed. Not support dropped in 3 months otherwise. Completely mis-read what has been stated to make a stupid point.

Soldato
Yeah that is based on being able to remove the support package should the fuel prices crash and we returned to some normality and thus no support to the public is needed. Not support dropped in 3 months otherwise. Completely mis-read what has been stated to make a stupid point.

Well, hopefully you're right and I'm not back here in 6-12 months quoting myself :D

Soldato
Thanks for taking the time to do that Zenduri. Otherwise I'll be on the phone to Eon first thing on the 1st of October to ensure on the 6th October I'm put onto the SVT instead of my fixed. As will many others!
Had a few messages back and forth this morning and it seems there are several thousands of customers that even after the gov price reduction will still be over the gov cap price and they agree with me that we need to make the comms clear to these customers as not to make work for ourselves and also so we arent perceived badly by not informing them that they will still be over the gov cap and they could switch. A[pparently we are already seing customers who fall into this category contacting us to switch. They are currently engaged with looking at what and how we communicate out to customers and will let me know more once they can but they have agreed with eveyrthing i've put to them so far.

Soldato
Three months is in case the gas price collapses in the new year. Possibly unlikely but feasible. Like any support package you do not write blank cheques for more than a few months.
I can see another one Jan, Feb, Mar to follow but maybe the pressure lessens after that through the warmer months.

Consumers should still monitor and manage their usage in the new world of energy.

Yup, Goldman Sachs analysts reckon gas prices might halve

Although, it should be noted that only 2 weeks ago Goldman Sachs said "Gas prices in Europe would stay high" and they also predicted 22% inflation

So take that opinion with a large pinch of salt :cry:

Associate
Had a few messages back and forth this morning and it seems there are several thousands of customers that even after the gov price reduction will still be over the gov cap price and they agree with me that we need to make the comms clear to these customers as not to make work for ourselves and also so we arent perceived badly by not informing them that they will still be over the gov cap and they could switch. A[pparently we are already seing customers who fall into this category contacting us to switch. They are currently engaged with looking at what and how we communicate out to customers and will let me know more once they can but they have agreed with eveyrthing i've put to them so far.

Thanks for the update Zenduri. If I've read what you've said correctly then all Eon will do is inform customers they could potentially save more and instruct customers how to but they'll not make the required adjustments automatically? If so I'll get on the blower and have it changed so at the end of my current tariff Eon put me onto their SVR tariff.

Soldato
Thanks for the update Zenduri. If I've read what you've said correctly then all Eon will do is inform customers they could potentially save more and instruct customers how to but they'll not make the required adjustments automatically? If so I'll get on the blower and have it changed so at the end of my current tariff Eon put me onto their SVR tariff.
i honestly dont know at the moment. I've put the suggestion that we just move the people to the gov EPG or at minimum advise the effected customers and allow them to 1 click switch on the website but i honestly dont know what they plan to do at the moment. For you personally just get it changed asap rather than waiting. I did have see a manager waded into the conversation who obviously didnt realise there were people that would still be higher than the EPG after the discount and failed to grasp what i was saying until i plainly laid it out to them, then they went quiet lol

Soldato
Octopus still havent communicated anything extra whilst other suppliers have started to do so, they blogged they would by end of Friday at start of week.

Soldato
I'd love to know some solid unit rates and standing charge costs. Shell don't seem particularly forthcoming with additional details, they never even told me what my rates were going to be before Truss introduced that newer cap, let alone what they'll be now.

Soldato
I'd love to know some solid unit rates and standing charge costs. Shell don't seem particularly forthcoming with additional details, they never even told me what my rates were going to be before Truss introduced that newer cap, let alone what they'll be now.
are you currently on a fixed price, if so what unit charges or are you on the SVT?

Back
Top Bottom