This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
I've cleaned the link up for you, as it's unnecessarily long: https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/def...ariable_deemed_and_welcome._credit_meters.pdf

Based on those prices, things don't seem bad as what I expected. Previously I was expecting a ~76% increase in my annual figures, but, using those figures, I should expect a ~22% increase.

I'm a bit concerned that perhaps I've misinterpreted something, but I've double checked that the new prices were entered into my spreadsheet correctly. I've also made sure I've not confused regions, standing charges and units as well as payment methods.

Oh well, I should be grateful. :confused:
Is anybody else finding their increases aren't as high with the new prices?

Soldato
Had a few messages back and forth this morning and it seems there are several thousands of customers that even after the gov price reduction will still be over the gov cap price and they agree with me that we need to make the comms clear to these customers as not to make work for ourselves and also so we arent perceived badly by not informing them that they will still be over the gov cap and they could switch. A[pparently we are already seing customers who fall into this category contacting us to switch. They are currently engaged with looking at what and how we communicate out to customers and will let me know more once they can but they have agreed with eveyrthing i've put to them so far.

Go and check on your Resource Planning Manager, (s)he probably needs a hug. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Octopus emailed rates for variable now.

Gas
10.334p including the government support
14.761p without gov price cap
26.841p standard charge

Electric
33.727p including the government support
51.575p without gov prices cap
47.502p standard charge

Ignore what said before. It seems I had missread. The figure otherwise was what they are saying would have been figures had they not fixed for £2.5k for that 2yr period.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Gas
14.761p without (after the £400)
26.841p standard charge

Electric
51.575p without (after the £400)
47.502p standard charge

So yeah need to hope that the support for the additional £400 continues cause those charges otherwise are much higher come April.

The prices aren't changing for 2 years though they are now fixed at the 34p for elec and 10p gas until then.

Associate

Gas
26.841p standard charge

Electric
47.502p standard charge

So yeah need to hope that the support for the additional £400 continues cause those charges otherwise are much higher come April.
That doesn't make sense if that's the variable rate as the £400 has nothing to do with the unit rates, it's an additional discount on top. Unless I'm reading this wrong. My understanding is that the max unit rates for the next 2 years will be circa 34p elec and 10p gas, we'll then get £400 discount on top for the current period.

Soldato

Gas
26.841p standard charge

Electric
47.502p standard charge

Those "with govt support" prices shouldn't include the £400 - those are the new capped rates, so take the £400 off on top. Anyone on SVR shouldn't be paying more than ~10.3p/34p

The 14.761p/51.575p are what the rates would have been otherwise at the October cap.

Last edited:
Soldato
The prices aren't changing for 2 years though they are now fixed at the 34p for elec and 10p gas until then.

That doesn't make sense if that's the variable rate as the £400 has nothing to do with the unit rates, it's an additional discount on top. Unless I'm reading this wrong. My understanding is that the max unit rates for the next 2 years will be circa 34p elec and 10p gas, we'll then get £400 discount on top for the current period.

Yeah ignore my original, misread email as on mobile and half asleep after a 16hr shift! But yeah unit rates published. Octopus actually swolling a little more standard charge then.

Soldato
I've not had an email from EDF yet. Although the new prices were posted earlier in this thread, it'd be nice to see them announced by EDF.

Edit: I've just logged into my EDF account and the new prices are showing. They are exactly the same as shown in the PDF document, so my worry is over.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ovo want to keep me three months in credit (£750) that don't seem right?
They’ve advised (but not yet forced) me to increase my DD from 125 to 145. 400 in credit. Electric usage around 270kwh/month, gas around 200kwh/month (around 400kwh/month last winter which will be lower this year).

Last edited:
Soldato
Octopus let me drop the DD by 90% but its always going to have a credit balance so why wouldnt they, I'll top up any needed but I think its time to avoid gas use even with the cap its not cheap energy anymore. I read a couple providers pay interest on credit balances

Last edited:
Soldato
@Zenduri

What with the £66/month being paid to our Eon energy bills, will they allow me to drop my monthly payment by that amount once Oct hits?

Tried to just now but it won't let me go lower than 10% of the "recommended" monthly DD.

Be daft if they don't allow it.

Soldato
so I have read conflicting bits and bobs. this £66 a month is it going directly on our energy accounts (sensible imo) or is it going into our bank accounts (not bothered either way but doesn't seem sensible imo)

Back
Top Bottom