This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Got my email from Bulb anyway. If every supplier is charging the same why not just nationalise now?

From 1 October, our prices will be increasing​

We're increasing our electricity unit rate from 29.584p to 35.982p per kWh and electricity standing charge from 47.581p to 48.596p per day.

We're increasing our gas unit rate from 7.365p to 10.344p per kWh and standing charge from 27.219p to 28.484p per day.

Soldato
we use that BUT we noticed black mouldy stuff built up as well as sludge in the guts of the machine..... so now we have found a good balance of using eco wash almost all of the time but with 1 weekly 60 degree towel wash and then a once monthly (actually probably 6 weekly) run through with a washing machine disinfecter. this has removed all black mould build up and we dont get any fusty smells from it.

Are you closing the washing machine door and drawer after the wash?

If so, it helps to leave both open for a while to let it dry out quicker and prevent mould.

Soldato
New prices in for October, and with the new energy price guarantee coupled with the £400 support, we are now being asked to pay £40 less per month.

Wasn't expecting that...

For context, it's a 4 bed detached house (gas central heating) and we're now paying £211 per month for gas and electricity.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 158Kwh Gas do the calculation say 10L/min shower for 4 minutes , water heated from 20C from 20-40C => 40L * 20C / 860 = 0.93Kwh
so 158Kwh = 6 showers a day , or 3 x 8 minute showers, or 4 x 4 minutes showers @15L/min
In winter time if the incoming waters gone down to 10C the shower price goes up 50%

Got my email from Bulb anyway. If every supplier is charging the same why not just nationalise now?
#metoo - not sure if you can now jump ship to EDF / one of the big guys
Octopus had wanted to buy bulbs(solr) customers to get a bigger share of the market (if the govt gave them 4Bn was it -lol) , but with the govt cap it's no longer an issue, everyones levelled
(so could have been a judicious move by govt)
I think Octopus will get out of the business and just sell their software package, EDF's economy 7 ,new rates look close to octopus go, anyway, with low overnight rates.

wow, these should be a mandatory fitment with all new boilers.
adverts says it's the same as a pre-heat ... we just get into the habit of turning pre-heat on 20mins or so before folks usually shower.
the add on mechanism should be the same as just turning on the tap at a slow rate for 30s or so.

We use towels daily for a week (sometimes twice a day if I've had a run). They are definitely ready for a wash at the end of the week though
can use a flannel to take off most of the water - makes the shower+drying turnaround faster, towels/bathmat don't get sodden ... and last several weeks (I do this for trips to swimming pool too)

Soldato
Are you closing the washing machine door and drawer after the wash?

If so, it helps to leave both open for a while to let it dry out quicker and prevent mould.
Yeah don't close the washer door.. Let the drum air out for an hour or so.
I tend to leave mine slightly a jar, most of the time, rather than clicking it closed.

Last edited:
Associate
What is irritating is that, for Eon Next anyways, they don't show the SVR rates once you are on a fixed tariff and I cannot find a way to see them.

Anyone on EonNext Flex and have the new Oct unit rates?
Just switched to it today, from the fixed that I thought was a good call given Jan/April.. Anyways, I’ve now got:

Electric
Unit: 27.36
Sc: 48.53

Gas
Unit: 7.28
Sc: 27.22

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just switched to it today, from the fixed that I thought was a good call given Jan/April.. Anyways, I’ve now got:

Electric
Unit: 27.36
Sc: 48.53

Gas
Unit: 7.28
Sc: 27.22
Those are the current SVR cap rates for the Yorkshire region (which I assume is where you are).

What is irritating is that, for Eon Next anyways, they don't show the SVR rates once you are on a fixed tariff and I cannot find a way to see them.

Anyone on EonNext Flex and have the new Oct unit rates?
Unlikely to be significantly different than anyone else.

Permabanned
A few years ago I pushed my gas and electricity bill by a few 1000s units forward when it was really cheap. in a few months I'll be pushing it back when I call up the providers, this is why I never switch to those new meters.

Soldato
A few years ago I pushed my gas and electricity bill by a few 1000s units forward when it was really cheap. in a few months I'll be pushing it back when I call up the providers, this is why I never switch to those new meters.
Isn't that fraud?

Do you shove a few extra items down your trackies when you go shopping too?

Soldato
Has anyone who is on Eon Next got a letter or response back about the standard charges and or response to those who just fixed before govt announcement?

I contacted them straight away after fixing and when the govt suggested they would intervene, they told me they'd be in touch with all their customers who recently fixed to let them know what is happening, with potential of changing the deal.

Still no word.

Back
Top Bottom