This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
Yeah, it’s very vague reporting (understandably) but it sounds like someone has dropped the ball badly.

Could be. Could not be. Once again, deliberately loose reporting by the BBC. The headline started off a couple of hours ago as "Police did not attend 999 call prior to bodies found" or similar. They decided that was too impartial so they went with police "failed" to attend to stir up some more hatred for the police. A very subtle shift in language, but a large change in meaning. "Failed" to attend means something very different to "did not attend". Failed implies blame and that the police should have attended and they didn't do so.

Unfortunately we have no idea why they didn't attend the 999 call. For all we know, the 999 call could have been to report a suspicious vehicle driving up and down the street. Or that they had their car broken into overnight and wanted to report it. Or that one of them was struggling with their mental health. Or that the bloke had got up, gone outside and walked off. None of these would justify an immediate response (or even a
Police response in some of these examples!), so for the BBC to report that the police have "failed" is another example of why I want to delete the BBC News app. It's so overtly biased and sensationalistic these days. The days of quality BBC journalism seem to be behind them, with them becoming more like the tabloids by the day and only their respected BBC name keeping them any credibility.

Associate

Another Police officer acting in an unprofessional manner. The Chinese folk were annoying but the Police woman was out of order. It is even worse because the Male Officer made it clear straight away the pianist was allowed to film whatever he likes in a public space and the Female Officer wrongly contradicted him straight away.

Last edited:
Associate

Another Police officer acting in an unprofessional manner. The Chinese folk were annoying but the Police woman was out of order. It is even worse because the Male Officer made it clear straight away the pianist was allowed to film whatever he likes in a public space and the Female Officer wrongly contradicted him straight away.

was pretty shocking when first she said he wasn't allowed to record the police and then when we tried to get him to delete the fotage that the Chinese were unhappy about.

Soldato

It's a bit more complicated than that, a railway station is private property and while Network Rail allow photography and filming for private use at their stations (within reason), they can withdraw that permission and they do state that you should respect other passengers who do not wish to be filmed. That said, if you don't want to be filmed the simplest solution is probably to just avoid standing in front of the camera drawing attention to yourself for several minutes.

The whole "can't film a police matter" thing is nonsense though, as is not being allowed to say the word Chinese.

Man of Honour
Its actually got a little more bonkers today, they've now cordoned the piano off so that nobody can use it :D

Edit : Just to clarify, our peeps have cordoned it off, there isnt circle of Chinese people round it :)

Last edited:
Associate
The stupidity of the whole situation, Chinese man in blue jacket filming Chinese lady confronting the man for filming her in the background......can't make this stuff up.

Soldato
I didn't realise the burglary figures were so abysmal. No suspect identified in three quarters of cases, less than 4% of cases result in charges.

Well, when they drive past the burglars with your possessions in hand as they appeared to brazen at 3 am stood around the corner...I kid you not.

I'm not at all surprised !!!!!

Chocolate tea pot = police

Last edited:
Associate

Another example of fine policing..
To be fair, they did something about it by firing the individual who raised concerns about it.

I broadly support the police but when I read stuff like this I have to shake my head in bewilderment...

Commissario
Virtually anywhere the public have authorised access to is considered "public" for all sorts of things, in the case of motoring law that means that a supermarket car park during business hours is "public", a normally "private" garden or field during an event attended by the public is "public" for the duration of the event, a drive through is no different to the supermarket carpark in those regards

Basically if it's not gated and you don't need special permission to be allowed to drive there it's likely to be considered "public" for the purposes of the RTA. A Tesco car part during open hours is likely to default to being a "public place", that same carpark at 1am in the morning when the store is closed and a gate has been closed preventing public access to it is likely to be "private".

This has been tried and tested in all sorts of cases about all sorts of parts of the RTA, in loads of different circumstances and locations over the last 50 or so years.

It's much the same as you can be in a "public" area in regards to expectations of privacy, even if it's private property and you're inside a building, the definition isn't about ownership, but reasonable and common access.

Back
Top Bottom