Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
She probably only wants a retrial as she got more acting lessons and finally learned to cry on command, unfortunately for her it involves jabbing herself in the eye with her thumb...which im pretty sure the Jury would pick up on.

Last edited:
Soldato
The quote makes it sound odd though, like surely it wasn't someone turning up for jury duty even though they weren't the person called? If that were the case (like a flatmate or family member turned up instead) then yikes!

Though presumably, it's more like someone who was due to be a juror on some other case/was called up later got shifted onto this one or something and they're just clutching at straws to find a technicality?

Does anyone know the precise details on the complaint?

supposedly there were 2 people living in the same house with the same name and the son assumed it was for him.

BUT, in virginia law it is up to the lawyers themselves to raise an objection during the selection process when they are told all the info (like age etc.) - if they didn't raise an objection at the time its too bad, there is nothing they can do about it and there's nothing wrong with it.

Associate
When JD got his finger cut, and said the following: "this can't be living, this is not living" it struck a chord in me as I remember saying the very same thing while getting abused by my ex-girlfriend back then. So I guess I'm biased in favour of JD.

Caporegime
supposedly there were 2 people living in the same house with the same name and the son assumed it was for him.

Ah OK, I mean that seems reasonable and not a big deal... I guess American families have fathers and sons with the same name, like Joe Blogs, Joe Blogs Jr etc.

Rather different to say some person being like "OMG jury service, I really can't be arsed" and their instance flatmate being like "Yeah but have you heard about this case, OMG I love Johnny Depp let me go instead" etc.

Soldato
it's a non-event, they already acknowledged in their previous letter that the issue is not enough to force a mistrial. Turd's been caught out perjuring herself AGAIN by stating SHE paid the $6m for legal services, and is now being sued for trying to claim from her insurance policy, so they're all flapping and floundering and trying in vain to forestall the inevitable.

and if you think this is all getting beyond belief, here's a short primer on the Manson case, regardless of what you feel about him or his music, had a little watch and see how long it is before your first "WTF??!"

Man of Honour

BUT, in virginia law it is up to the lawyers themselves to raise an objection during the selection process when they are told all the info (like age etc.) - if they didn't raise an objection at the time its too bad, there is nothing they can do about it and there's nothing wrong with it.
Yep. Also they won't know which trial they will be on until they are picked from a pool of waiting jurors on the day. It's like here where there are a couple of hundred jurors waiting in a room during their service. At some point during their time their name is randomly chosen to serve on a case. They simply don't know which case they will be on until chosen. They are then whittled down further and some act as reserve jurors.

Furthermore both legal teams then have to vet each candidate very carefully. So on this occasion Heard's legal team seem to me to be objecting to the failings of Heard's legal team.

Man of Honour
Well at least if there is a re-trail, we'll get to see this mountain of evidence that they didn't take into consideration the first time round right?

What, like the recording of Amber Heard saying that she "didn't mean to do it", where "it" was cutting part of Johnny Depp's finger off? Which was probably true in a sense - when she attacked him that time she probably didn't mean to cut part of his finger off. That recording was one of the things that was ruled inadmissable. Both sides had some evidence ruled inadmissable. Although I'd bet turds to gold bars that the "mountain of evidence" Heard's side referred to never existed. A molehill of hearsay, at most. Which I think is what you were implying.

Yep. Also they won't know which trial they will be on until they are picked from a pool of waiting jurors on the day. It's like here where there are a couple of hundred jurors waiting in a room during their service. At some point during their time their name is randomly chosen to serve on a case. They simply don't know which case they will be on until chosen. They are then whittled down further and some act as reserve jurors.

Furthermore both legal teams then have to vet each candidate very carefully. So on this occasion Heard's legal team seem to me to be objecting to the failings of Heard's legal team.

Yeah, but it'll be someone else's fault because reasons.

it's a non-event, they already acknowledged in their previous letter that the issue is not enough to force a mistrial. Turd's been caught out perjuring herself AGAIN by stating SHE paid the $6m for legal services, and is now being sued for trying to claim from her insurance policy, so they're all flapping and floundering and trying in vain to forestall the inevitable.

and if you think this is all getting beyond belief, here's a short primer on the Manson case, regardless of what you feel about him or his music, had a little watch and see how long it is before your first "WTF??!"
I hope they televise the Manson trial too.

It was really alarming to see how much the media in the Uk tried to twist and manipulate what happened in comparison to what was actually shown.

Soldato
i was saying that when the result came out. if you think there's been some whining and outrage now, imagine what it would have been like if people hadn't seen everything w/ their own eyes.
sincerely doubt the Manson trial will be televised. no word so far, anyway, don't kow how far in advance it has to be requested.

Soldato
Might be connected might not.

Heading to work yesterday and I heard my first male domestic abuse commercial on the radio.

It went over all the typical female abuser tatics and stated this is abuse please ring then give the police hotline.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might be connected might not.

Heading to work yesterday and I heard my first male domestic abuse comical on the radio.

It went over all the typical female abuser tatics and stated this is abuse please ring then give the police hotline.
Comical eh? I see why we have a problem in this country with regards to domestic abuse.

Only kidding Im fairly sure it was a typo. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom