Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Both of them are at fault, however Amber is...worse? I guess.
The only good thing to come out of this hopefully is that its acknowledged that Johnny is the victim of abuse from a WOMAN and that moves things along somewhat in that area of discussion.

Soldato
I thought I remembered there being a thread from a while back but can't find it now... Possibly deleted? Idk.

Anyway, without having the time to read everything about what allegedly happened, I think all that can be safely concluded is that they were both very bad for each other and should have split up a long time before they did. The stories I've heard definitely paint Amber in a worse light than Johnny, who knows what's the truth of it all though... Guess more will come out over the trial.

Possibly a good conversation starter re domestic abuse of men though, which is often brushed under the carpet, and not acknowledged even by the victims.
[/serious]

Also, Amber, poo through the letter box, not on the bed! Have a little decorum, you're supposed to be a human being not a wild animal god damn it :mad:.

Associate
Yeah they're both as bad as each other as far as I can see! The only thing wrong in my opinion is she has kept all her celebrity commitments and Johnny lost most, if not all of his!

Definitely unfair if they're both equally violent (maybe) towards each other. Although from what I'm seeing it was her that was violent toward him, he just smashed and kicked the kitchen about and verbally shouted at her.

It just seems a total waste of money and the only people getting anything out of this are the lawyers! Although I hope Johnny gets his career back on track if she is found to have lied about his violence towards her.

Soldato
6a83634c-a507-4d15-b402-f83a2c888b83_text.gif

Soldato
I've mostly ignored the Depp/Heard stuff as much as possible, but it does seep in a little regardless.

Seems to have been a toxic relationship between two people who just ****** each other up a bit. In isolation, each appears to be abusive, but I'm not sure it's truly your classic relationship abuse when each is giving a similar level to the other.

Man of Honour
I've watched a little of it. People keep saying they are both as bad as each other. But while JD admits to drug taking, excessive alcohol, losing his temper at inanimate objects and getting into rows with her, AH admits to hitting him, and he accuses her of far more than that (throwing a bottle at him which severed his finger). For example there is a recording of her saying she didn't "punch him" but only "hit him", then telling him to grow up when he complains about it.

Yet he lost a lot of his career over allegations and she hasn't, until now, seemed to suffer much impact to her career. Double standards much?

It will be interesting to see her evidence and whether there is any merit in her indirectly accusing him of being an abuser. I guess we will need to wait and see what comes out.

Soldato
what's up with Depps voice - the excerpts they've played on the media it sound like he's auditioning for the part of Colonel Kurtz;

could imagine it will be a preview/pattern for a future harry/Meghan break up.

Back
Top Bottom